Houzz Logo Print
lukeh3

Restoration Hardware - Cloud Modular Sectional review?

Luke Higgins
vor 7 Jahren

Has anyone purchased the Cloud Modular Sectional from RH and have any comments? No doubt expensive, interested to hear how it holds up with the foam core wrapped in down and goose feathers. concerned it might go pretty limp with time and begin to get uncomfortable - perhaps this could be avoided with a more durable material as the cover (eg. army duck as opposed to the belgian linen), any and all thoughts/experience appreciated!

Kommentare (421)

• calmidwife
    vor 3 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 3 Jahren

I'm so grateful for everyone's input here! I ordered a RH Cloud sectional with an initial 5 month delivery wait time that got pushed back to 8 months! I tried changing fabric, style of Cloud, virtually every which way but some changes brought delivery to Jan 2022! We just couldn't deal with the wait time and so finally cancelled the order, which they allowed us to do without the usual 50% fee on a custom order. I have to say they worked with us every step of the way, were friendly and happy to help. But NOW, after reading all this, it was a blessing in disguise! I'm leaning toward a custom made from Monarch. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Whew...!

• PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    vor 3 Jahren

hi calmidwife

we would love to help you create your dream sofa, and you'll defo receive it in 2021 lol

send us a QUOTE REQUEST and follow us on INSTA

xoxo eva @ MONARCH SOFAS

• Andrew Alewine
    vor 2 Jahren

I just canceled my order for a Jackson Furniture Posh back in September 4th 2020 and kept getting endless delays from them saying they cannot deliver. I understand the restraints due to covid but, 9 months is too long. It was honestly the perfect seeming couch but the fact is that just haven't been able to deliver. Very frustrated with that experience for anyone who's interested.

• Erica Frias
    vor 2 Jahren

@Andrew Alewine i ordered a day before you and was notified that it shipped 20 days ago, I’m on the other side of the country. Where did you order from?

• Houzz-Nutzer 32370581882
    vor 2 Jahren

Andrew Alewine. I noticed Wayfair is a distributor for Jackson Posh and you may be able to find it at one of your local furniture warehouses. Just a suggestion

• Houzz-Nutzer 32370581882
    vor 2 Jahren

Erica Frias where did you order from?

• Madison Corbridge
    vor 2 Jahren

@monarchsofas we purchased the claudia sofa last year. It is great quality, great fabric and holds up nicely with no refluffing. With that being said, its not comparable to the rh cloud. It doesn’t have any padding on the frame and so you don’t sink down into it like you do the cloud. Because you don’t sit low enough into it, the back frame and pillows are too low and you don’t have any head support. I will add a few pictures. We were looking for a cloud alternative, flew out to beverly hulls showroom to sit on the claudia but they only had the petite version on the floor and we were told we would sit further into it in the luxe version which unfortunately just wasn’t true.

• Larissa Stanley
    vor 2 Jahren

Missy Upton can you or anyone else comment on reviews of the Jackson posh sectional after owning? I am thinking of buying soon but am unable to sit it.

• Jfor
    vor 2 Jahren

I have a fear of sectionals that come in multiple pieces. Has anyone had a problem with separation when you are sitting, or the kids jump around?

• Tia M
    vor 2 Jahren

Jfor- The sectional I have clicks into place for each modular piece. There is zero movement.

• Laura Davis
    vor 2 Jahren

Has anyone found a good quality dupe for RH cloud in Southern CA? Thanks

• Gail Wolfe
    vor 2 Jahren

@Laura Davis Did you check out Monarch Sofas? We considered buying one but there is no showroom on the east coast so we decided on something else. They are in LA. They will customize it for you as well. monarchsofas.com

• Emily Schultz
    vor 2 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 2 Jahren

i am late in commenting here. i just wanted to post for anyone reading this considering the RH cloud sectional. Honestly I am definitely a form over function person, and have white decor every in my home. I can live with white and wash or dry clean my slipcovers/ duvets etc with no problem. This couch is another story. It never looks like the pictures. The fluffing of the pillows is truly a workout and pain for only partial fluffing acheived. The base is the worst part. It creases permanently from sitting and unless you get your professional steam iron out regularly, this is the look you have to livewith. It looks like your bed when you first wake up every morning all the time. For the cost, pick something else. If you want something similar look for something other than down only for the cushion /insert/ filling or it will most likely look the same!

• Laura Davis
    vor 2 Jahren

Thanks for insight

• sarahstyle10
    vor 2 Jahren

Thank you so much for your honesty! I have enough unmade beds in my house :)

• lapetitesf
    vor 2 Jahren

Don’t know who’s actually looking at this sofa but, it was the biggest and most expensive mistake we have made. We upgraded to a velvet and did the foam inserts rather than all feather because I had read that the down made you a total slave to fluffing up your sectional all the time. Well, same for the foam. The sofa is not well-made at all it is terribly uncomfortable and I am still slaving over fluffing it up all the time. It just looks so frumpy all the time. Doesn’t matter if a child sits on it or if an adult sits on it. We did a extension of it for eight people so we added a few pieces to make it extra large and I am so sorry I did this. If ever I could wish to go back and change my mind, this was it. Terrible quality, please reconsider. You can get so much more anywhere else for way less. Spend your money on other items that you will be thrilled to own. We worked with a designer who steered us toward this sofa and we still for the “yummy“ look of the sofa in her opinion. We should have stuck to our guns and really trusted our gut but instead we thought she knew much more about how we lived than we did. It does look beautiful once it’s all done up but just blink an eye and there are wrinkles everywhere. Breaks my heart we paid nearly $19,000 for our unit and at this point I wish I had just gone to Costco and purchased something cheaper. It’s in our media room so no one sees it except us. Thank God it’s not in my main living room! I would never ever let anyone sit on it.

• Emily Schultz
    vor 2 Jahren

Exactly our issue. 100%

• Jfor
    vor 2 Jahren

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. You saved me so much money. I am so grateful!

• Laura Davis
    vor 2 Jahren

Thank you everyone who spoke candidly about the cloud. Anyone have any new recommendations for dupes?

• Lila S
    vor 2 Jahren

I’m going with Modani / Bloom. Almost identical to RH Cloud. $3000 mistake is way better than $10000 mistake. I watched couple videos on YouTube. Still I need to go look at it in there showroom.

• Laura Davis
    vor 2 Jahren

The monarch looks fine but not really a dupe to the cloud.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    vor 2 Jahren

There is no "dupe to the Cloud" .( close, just as bad below )

https://www.arhaus.com/products/clint-three-piece-sectional

Why do you want to dupe a thing that is destined to be a mess? The BEST of sofa makers, ie Baker Furniture, would advise "do not do all down cushions" ........though that is an option from them , and others.

The look is to suggest something like a feather bed on your mattress. As cozy comfy as bed? Then go to bed. You expect to have to fluff and restore it every morning.

The cushions on the best of sofas, in a content with that much down, will retain no loft, unless you RESTORE the loft, every time you sit, The RH..is junk beneath those cushions. So it will look worse than any other high end sofa requiring FLUFFING.

RH Is nothing more than an over priced, pile of junk, supremely marketed LOOK. Please believe that. No designer of any knowledge or experience would advise otherwise. Other than " knock yourself out _ put it in the BASEMENT" where nobody will see it. "

• Emily Schultz
    vor 2 Jahren

This sofa look is something you will never see again adter the firstvtime you sit on this couch. it will always look like the pic above unless you have a huge home where this couch is in a wing where it is display only. Dont waste your time or money. You will never regret anything more!

• Emily Schultz
    vor 2 Jahren

To add something else to reiterate. The base is just as crappy. Its not just the cushions. There is no structure besides foam so it will always be creased. I have ironed the creases out with my professional steam iron on occasion but that lasts until you sit on it the next time. Look at the pics above. That is the reality.

• Laura Davis
    vor 2 Jahren

Ok ok. I’m getting the message. Anyone have Big Sur from pottery barn?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    vor 2 Jahren

..........same issue. Junk, : ) Most sofas you can buy online are just that. Junk.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5922723/opinions-on-pottery-barn-big-sur-sofa

I will say all you do not want to hear:

A decent sofa was 2500.00 , 25 years ago! Today in a basic fabric? A decent sofa should actually set you back 5K Not a sectional. A sofa.

That you may find them for less? Yes, you will.

Find a furniture store that carries CR Laine. ......Hickory Chair,

Taylor King......Century.... , leven Lee. Anything is better than those you have asked about. Save money first.

Or plan to throw it out in a couple years.

• la_la Girl
    vor 2 Jahren

Agree with @JAN MOYER - we waited years to replace older sofas bc I could not figure out what to buy and I did not want to make a mistake...btw both of those sofas cost $2500 in 1999! I was literally paralyzed.. a lot of it has to do with expectations, I paid very little for a large Ikea sectional for our basement and LOVE that thing bc it's comfy and wears like iron and feels like a great value. For my upstairs sofas I ended up buying them from a smaller co in NC - def more expensive than I initially planned but I soon realized my price expectations were out of date

• Al Vin
    vor 2 Jahren

Can anyone recommend a product that keeps the cushions from sliding off? One that works?

• ppate67
    vor 2 Jahren

Adding on to this thread…were looking at the Crate & Barrel “Oceanside” and the Pottery Barn “Dream” couches with deep 43” seats. Has anyone tried these out yet?

Both have memory foam filling and after a few sit tests of 10+ minutes, it doesnt seem to leave any butt prints and crumple the fabric.

• Sabrina Carreno
    vor 2 Jahren

My mother purchased a leather one and honestly I just throw the cushions on the ground and put back onto the couch and they’re fluffed it takes two seconds ready to go… The leather doesn’t look frumpy when you get up… you don’t have to iron and all this stuff.

• Kate
    vor 2 Jahren

I’ve had my Henredon sofa for 20 years it gets used heavily as it’s our only sofa. It’s off white to boot, still going strong! It has down wrapped cushions. I had it cleaned for the first time recently and really can’t tell the difference. I would like to replace it with maybe a sectional, mostly because I’m tired of it. Sorry about the pic it’s the only one I had that didn’t have a bunch of people on the sofa.

• rcaproni2
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

We purchased a Posh Porcelein modular sofa by Jackson, waited 4 months for delivery (not bad during covid). I love it! we have 5 pieces...huge, but we wanted nothing but a big comfy couch in our TV/Living room. If you want a stiff upright formal couch this is not for you. However, if you want a great RH cloud copy for substantially less (I believce we paid around $3500 for 5 pieces) So easy to clean, etc. I also love that it is very easy to add fill to the cushions, which we did so they don't get that 'deflated' look that appears to happen with the RH cloud. I am VERY pleased after 5 months! The bought poly-fil off amazon for fill and matches the inside of the seat cushions perfectly! Highly recommend!

https://colemanfurniture.com/posh-porcelain-sectional.htm

• Houzz-Nutzer 64298227
    letztes Jahr

The worst we spent 11,328.00 our sofa frame torally failed we are miserable the cushons tip toward the floor . nothing we can do its a terrible disapointment

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    letztes Jahr

The "slide to the floor."......and more.

Lift a seat cushion , the front. Now....press down hard on the front frame. What happens? Nothing? That is a sofa destined to kill any cushioning. That is a bad frame.

When you press down on that front edge of the deck of the sofa? It should strongly bounce back UP. If it doesn't ? Spell fail, and cushion destruction as well.

I bet if we ask Kate with the Henredon up there above in the thread( 20 years ) Hers bounces right back up!! It's still in good shape? Yes, It also had eight way hand tied springs, and those springs? Heavier, stronger, than most of what is common today on even high moderate sofas. It's still comfy? Those things are the why.

So you have the sad facts of the junk folks insist on falling for. For THE LOOK. Which have none of those springs, or a proper frame.

Lord, I wonder how many ways I can say it.......Want a cloud of fluff? Go. To. Bed.

To the op just above? Take a cushion to an honest upholstery shop. Ask what foam/wrap would be better than what you have. Have him do ONE cushion.....take it home to test. If better? Proceed to improve the rest. Why? It's a full year to get something of quality now, and you already burned 11k. That's why.

• Laura Davis
    letztes Jahr

Are there brands and or models you do recommend?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    letztes Jahr

Yes, there are others I would recommend and not one can be purchased online. You need a brick and mortar , or a design center, or an interior designer.

If you MUST buy online ? Arhaus is a step up from the other junk. But I would look for a location near you and sit, if possible.

The best? Baker $$$$$$$ Hancock and Moore ( best in leather ) $$$$$ Hickory Chair$$$$$, Taylor King ( not new designers/Lauren Leiss etc ) $$$$, Stickley ( their own ) $$$$ CR Laine$$$, Lee Industries$$$

Fairfield Chair $$$ " Arhaus as above $$$ Sam Moore$ and below that? Absolute JUNK. In that

order : ) And 6 months on the short side, 14 months on the long side any above, depending., with few exceptions.

• Tonya Hensley
    letztes Jahr

Wosrt purchase ever! i putchased the cloud nine and HATE IT!

• Roxxy Ludwick
    letztes Jahr

I’m curious about Big Sur from pottery too.

• lawooden
    Vor 10 Monaten

I have to disagree with all the negative with this sofa. I think it’s fabulous. I have the newer version with the foam wrapped in down cushions. It is much better then the all down version. Cushions stay in place and I only feel like I need to fluff the cushions 1x per week. I also added 4 1/2” legs to it and it’s now at the perfect height.

• Diego
    Vor 10 Monaten
    Zuletzt geändert: Vor 10 Monaten

Agree with above. have the new foam wrapped core version and dont harbor any of the disdain posted above. incredibly comfy, looks great and when i want a quick fluff makes it look kempt. no complaints really. many of my friends are owners too and none have returned it or complain about it.

• Michelle Posner
    Vor 10 Monaten

Which sofa are you referring to? The RH?? I got lost in the sauce! lol

• Kristen House
    Vor 8 Monaten

I am looking for advice on what to do with my couch. I have a cloud modular sectional from RH and I've been struggling with the cushions since day 1 of purchase. They CONSTANTLY slide off the couch. I hesitate having friends or family over because it seats low and the cushions eventually slide down. My poor dad needed help getting off the couch. I purchased this couch about 5 years ago and spent an absurd amount of money. I want to sell this couch and start over. Any suggestions on where to sell and what is the best couch to buy without all these headaches. 😔 Thank you!

• PRO
    Cynthia Crossley Interior Designs
    Vor 8 Monaten

I started this tread many years ago. I was a senior design for RH Buckhead, Atlanta. I think the Cloud was all smoke and mirrors. Everyyone had to take their turn fluffying that sofa all day long. It was copied from the original in Italy and it was made poorly. I would be happy to guide you to get the look for the same money but with all the quaility. I hope you reached out to corperate to get a refund. If you want to contact me... please feel free.

Cynthia Crossley Interior Designer.

• Joanna S
    Vor 8 Monaten

Oh my goodness! Glad I found this thread! We were literally getting ready to order the slope arm cloud in velvet. Anyone have a suggestion for a higher backed sectional (like the slope arm) that has a soft comfy feel, but doesn’t require as much fluffing?

• rgdack
    Vor 3 Monaten

I HATE my cloud RH module & expensive is an understatement. I am not good at designing but love the RH so I listened to the RH salesperson. Should have done my own research. This couch has no support so not only do you have to puff up the cushions but even the frame is foam not wood so it too droops and you can’t fix it. This was one of the most expensive mistake I’ve made. The look is also too messy and I love a shabby chic look. Hate it - you can buy mine for huge discount!

• laurad66
    Vor 3 Monaten

Soooo, does anyone have recommendations for a deep sofa !?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    Vor 3 Monaten
    Zuletzt geändert: Vor 3 Monaten

This is something only a sitter can determine. Deep sofas are everywhere, and defined by your own body. From 36" to 42" and 45" (frames) and more. Back cushions matter, the pitch and support will matter.

Can you buy a truly great quality sofa online? No. If you must? Check Arhaus.com

Sofas in general, were not EVER really intended to be a bed in your living room. That's the problem.: )

• PRO
    Cynthia Crossley Interior Designs
    Vor 3 Monaten

I started this tread many years ago. I was a senior design for RH Buckhead, Atlanta. I think the Cloud was all smoke and mirrors. Everyyone had to take their turn fluffying that sofa all day long. It was copied from the original in Italy and it was made poorly. I would be happy to guide you to get the look for the same money but with all the quaility. I hope you reached out to corperate to get a refund. If you want to contact me... please feel free.

Cynthia Crossley Interior Designer.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.