Houzz Logo Print
hoppywendy

limestone floors throughout house

Wendy Woo
vor 7 Jahren

I have decided to have limestone floors throughout, including bathrooms. What are the pros and cons - and how hard wearing are they? I have been getting different input on what it takes to maintain them - what is your advice?

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    vor 7 Jahren
    Unless you are in a warm climate - add UFH - if you neglect to seal them occasionally - they will get ingrained dirt in the busy places ... ( sadly know this from experience !)
  • Wendy Woo
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Yes we will have UFH - how often is occasionally?

• PRO
    Natural Stone Consulting
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi Wendy. Limestone floors are just as hardwearing as porcelain tiles. There are plenty of good stone sealers and cleaners on the market which make their maintenance easy and simple. We always recommend sealing the tiles really well before they are laid (surface and sides) and then another layer of sealer once they are fitted and grouted. Also, natural stone is just that - natural - so you should expect some natural 'ageing' of some tiles the longer they are down. We think this adds to their character and appeal! Please do get in touch with us if you want some more advice - you can always give us a call on 0845 5218 700 and we would be happy to recommend materials that are suitable for the rooms you are looking to tile. Hope that helps!

Wendy Woo hat Natural Stone Consulting gedankt
  • PRO
    Natural Stone Consulting
    vor 7 Jahren

Wendy - we also meant to say that all stone tiles work fine with underfloor heating so that shouldn't be any issue at all.

Wendy Woo hat Natural Stone Consulting gedankt
  • Wendy Woo
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Many thanks Natural Stone Consulting - exactly the type of info I was looking for.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.