Houzz Logo Print
shellfit1

Fireplace dilemma!

Shell
vor 7 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 7 Jahren

In the middle of renovating our house. The original lounge had a fireplace centred on one wall and fitted wall units on both sides. We have made the room smaller and removed all the units but can't afford to remove the chimney brest. Original plan was to build a false wall and have no fire but now that the units have been removed I like the space it gives us. Dilemma is does the fire have to be centred in the room? We are thinking of something modern with no surround. Picture shows false wall to the left of the fireplace which can be removed.

Kommentare (7)

• PRO
    Ardloch Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren
    What will the rest of the room sit like? If the fireplace isn't symmetrical would the rest of the furniture still surround the fireplace? I don't personally feel that either side of the fireplace needs to be symmetrical as long as the rest of the furniture surrounds the fireplace. Hope this helps :)
    Shell hat Ardloch Interiors gedankt
  • Shell
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Thank you, the plan is to put a sofa to the right of it and to open up the space on the left and put shelves in it. Opposite the fire we will probably put a smaller sofa. The door is to the left of the fire so that space will be empty. Opposite the door are bifolds so we would like to keep that clear.

• PRO
    Ards Fireplaces
    vor 7 Jahren

Would you consider something like this?

Gazco Studio Slimline Gas Fireplace · Mehr Info

• Shell
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Yes this is what I pictured but worried about the fact it's not going to be centred on the wall.

• PRO
    Ards Fireplaces
    vor 7 Jahren

Shell i think if you centered it in the chimney breast and the maybe put some art work on the wall to the left of the picture. We have done a few jobs similar to yours, i will have a look and she if i can find any photos for you.

• PRO
    Ards Fireplaces
    vor 7 Jahren

or maybe this idea

Shell hat Ards Fireplaces gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.