Houzz Logo Print
hasmoody13

Blinds in a bow window

hasmoody13
vor 7 Jahren

We just had a new bow window installed and inneed window treatments up ASAP. This window has zero clearance to allow an inside mount blind to be hung in any of the panels, so it would have to be a ceiling mount type blind. I have two chihuahuas who inneed to block their view of the street because all they do is bark at every single thing.

I would like to get some top up bottom down cellular shades, but am unsure how to measure for them and hang them. I want to avoid drilling into any part of the window at all costs. would adding a piece of wood trim on the inside of the bow at the top and bottom and attaching with some sort of glue be a reasonable option? Do you have any ideas?

Kommentare (6)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

You could, in effect, "furr out" the interior trim/mullion details on the bow to give yourself more room. A decent trim carpenter or DIY'er could do that.

• hasmoody13
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

That's what I was thinking. I will have to see if doing this will void my warranty if I used a nail gun

• PRO
    User
    vor 7 Jahren

You can even use some azek trim to furr it out.

• PRO
    Sheila's Window Toppers & More Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

You actually have a few good solutions without needing to add any additional wood trim. We come across this problem on a regular basis and it really depends on your preference for window coverings.

Yes, you can simply mount the Top Down / Bottom Up Honeycomb blinds directly to the ceiling. These products have a small headrail and can butt up to each other very closely without leaving large gaps between the window coverings. Photo attached.

Alternatively, you can also use shutters in a bay window and have the top and bottom portions operate separately. That way you can leave the top portion of the shutter open while closing the bottom half for the pets. The divider rail can be positioned lower in the shutter if desired.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

Wow. That last picture is really pretty and done very well.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.