Houzz Logo Print
centsible_chic

HUGE Master...what to do?!?!?

My ceiling and walls are getting a paint job. How do I make this room cozy? Thanks for the help!

Kommentare (28)

• PRO
    Solar Texas
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Lighter grey on the walls. Two nice bedside tables with lamps. Soft curtains and/or nice blinds. A light dimmer for the ceiling lights. A couple of nice, plush lounge chairs with footstools, a small rug or two and some nice artwork. A large mirror would fit in well too.

• Claire Pope
    vor 7 Jahren

Love your bed, I want one like it. Would you share where you got it and the brand?

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat Claire Pope gedankt
  • Bailey R
    vor 7 Jahren

Furniture, lamps, artwork, bedding.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 7 Jahren

These drapes behind the bed make a better transition to the window with the side tables and lamps. Do not undersize your selections, and don't do anything in lavender unless you sleep by yourself.

Here is a layout with chests & lamps. I think the rug should be larger than what you have.

• Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Claire, I bought the headboard at Dillard's (local store in Texas). I've seen them at Wayfair. It is by Hooker Furniture and it's part of their Sanctuary collection. Hope this helps! :)

Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Beverly, I love the idea of the drapes, but this picture with the "open" headboard really shows them. My headboard is tall and covered - do you think this will still work?

• PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    vor 7 Jahren

Furniture wise I would start with two nightstands with table lamps. An upholstered bench at the foot of your bed and a sitting area with two chairs and an ottoman with a small side table with a table lamp.

For the windows I think you have few options. Custom drapery can be layered with blinds or shutters. These are just a few of the master bedrooms we have done for some clients. For your lamps on the nightstands I would look for something tall to help balance out the height of your bed. I hope this helps and gets the ideas flowing!

Traditional Bedroom · Mehr Info

Bedrooms by Design Connection, Inc. | Kansas City Interior Design · Mehr Info

Design Connection Inc Bedrooms · Mehr Info

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat Design Connection, Inc. gedankt
  • PRO
    Furnishr
    vor 7 Jahren

The master bedroom looks very incredible. I would change the style of the bed and also remove the rug underneath the bed. There are various things you can include in your room. Try checking out our newly projects from Furnishr's idea boards to get a hint of the type of furnishing you would like to include.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    vor 7 Jahren

Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop on Etsy website -

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooviArtGallery?ref=pr_shop_more

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat Poovi Art gedankt
  • leelee
    vor 7 Jahren

The ornate style of the bed isn't working with the geometric rug. Use the rug elsewhere.

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat leelee gedankt
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    vor 7 Jahren

Fanny Haim & Associates · Mehr Info

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat JudyG Designs gedankt
  • leelee
    vor 7 Jahren

You aren't locked into gray everything so bring in some pretty colors that will soften the room. If you find the right rug you can use it to guide your color choices.

Large art for your wall.

• leelee
    vor 7 Jahren

Beautiful bedding is a must. It has to be able to do the bed justice. Nothing causal.

• PRO
    Stylistic
    vor 7 Jahren
    Love the bed maybe put a beer war in there and put a walk in closest!!
    Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat Stylistic gedankt
  • leelee
    vor 7 Jahren

Bedside tables need to be in proportion to the bed. Don't go with any undersized or too tiny.

• PRO
    Lisa Aportela,ASID
    vor 7 Jahren

beautiful room and love the bed! I would think about doing a darker gray on the ceiling to warm up the overall room. I wouldn't go too dark because they it just looks heavy. you have to find a happy medium gray. Obviously the room will also warm up once you add the rest of the furniture. Another way to add warmth is by texture. Think about wallpaper behind the bed, curtains on the windows. a set of chairs or a long bench in front of the bed. For the nightstands go with a nice size chest on either side, regular size nightstands will just disappear in a space like this. add some nice euro pillows to add even more texture. take a look at this ceiling

best of luck! Lisa Aportela

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat Lisa Aportela,ASID gedankt
  • Jeanette Piątek
    vor 7 Jahren
    May I suggest have mirrors on top your night stands? This gives it an elegance feel to the room!
    Here are my suggestions:
    - Ground the floor with a large area rug.
    - I love the idea of benches at the end of a bed.
    - You could make "conversation clusters" with chairs, coffee tables/ ottomans.
    - Get a bookshelves
    -If it's in your budget, install a fireplace.
    Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat Jeanette Piątek gedankt
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 7 Jahren

Drapery panels behind the bed and Roman shades over the windows.

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat BeverlyFLADeziner gedankt
  • PRO
    WoodCo
    vor 7 Jahren

Hello Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47, Wood is a great way to add coziness to any space.

Visit www.woodco.com to view all our wood options. Just doing one "accent" wall can be a very effective and inexpensive way to add that finishing touch to the room. For any questions feel to call us a 888 214 2262

Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat WoodCo gedankt
  • KK Johnson
    vor 7 Jahren
    Does this bed come with matching footboard and side rails? If so I would get them since the bedskirt does look dated, if not then invest in a steamer and get the wrinkles out for a crisper look. Switch the rug for a color that matches the bed a bit better; don't get mirrors above the nightstands, there isn't any room due to the windows. Yes! Get curtains but first find bedding that you like then get curtains with complementary colors.
    Voyageurs47 Voyageurs 47 hat KK Johnson gedankt
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

LOL @ Kristine...re the wrinkles...SO TRUE!!!! I actually do have the foot board and side rails. I will get the bed "pretty" with white bedding once the room is painted.

• Claire Pope
    vor 7 Jahren

Hollywood Regency Master Bedroom · Mehr Info
    Love the lights and mirrors

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 7 Jahren

Vladimir Putin's bedroom at his datcha

• PRO
    Sheila's Window Toppers & More Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

I would suggest making a featured wall behind the bed with a nice wallpaper and add some drapery panels to pull everything together.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 7 Jahren

SWT&ML, ok, you're the expert, how do you do drapery panels on an angle? Easy to show an image of a room that has no complications, but that is not this OP's room. I'm eager to learn, please show us on this image how you suggest to mount drapery panels.

• PRO
    Sheila's Window Toppers & More Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

You have a couple options. The first is to keep it simple and have the rods mounted above the window but just below the angled portion of the ceiling. However, if you prefer to hang them higher up the wall and have a stationary panel, you can use drapery pegs to hang the drapes like the photo attached. This photo shows drapery pegs that can be mounted at your desired angle.

Drapery Pegs - Aspen Woods Calgary · Mehr Info

• Irene Morresey
    vor 7 Jahren
    Love the bedroom using BM useful grey. A nice chaise would look good
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.