Houzz Logo Print
alexnev

Need advice: Can you use 2 different kitchen bench top surfaces?

alexnev
vor 10 Jahren
Is it possible to mix bench top surfaces? e.g Can I use a stone bench-top on a kitchen island, but then have Stainless steel on the rest of the kitchen benchtops? Alternatively can Granite go on bench top and Stone on the Island bench top? Or would it look too much of a mish-mash?

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    vor 10 Jahren
    Not recommended especially with 2 completely different materials.
  • User
    vor 10 Jahren
    There are many examples on houzz of contrasting counters for perimeter and island. For example butcher block on island and stone on perimeter or a solid color on one and something with movement on another. I would only mix two stones if one had movement and one was fairly solid. The stainless on perimeter and something else on island sounds good to me. Here is a pic of stainless counters with what looks like a stone breakfast bar.
    (I hope I understood your question right).
    http://houzz.com/photos/3137660
  • alexnev
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    That looks good. Thanks for the example. Yeah, it helps to hear your initial gut reaction to mixing materials. I'm probably thinking I won't do it, unless it is a Stainless steel perimetre with granite island.
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    vor 10 Jahren
    Absolutely. I've seen it done plenty, and it would be a chic mix.
  • PRO
    Trends Kitchens
    letztes Jahr

We have done similar things for lots of clients, working with a TriStone or solid timber Island and then stainless rear benchtop. They can look really tidy with the right elements incorporated into the kitchen for a contemporary yet industrial look

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.