Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: Do you see fall colors where you live?

Emily H
vor 6 Jahren

Last year, I was able to go to New England in October and did a fair amount of driving around and "leaf peeping." Being from California, it is nothing like where we live! The colors are just gorgeous.

Do you get fall colors where you live?

Vote and tell us about it in the comments!

Yes!
No.
Other - Tell us!

Kommentare (70)

• Glenora Francis_Joachim
    vor 6 Jahren

beautiful fall colors in Minnesota backyard!!

• seagirl73
    vor 6 Jahren
    Seeing all these beautiful pictures I can't stop myself from thinking, what an amazing planet we live on! We must do everything in our power to protect it!
  • lisagreek
    vor 6 Jahren

Live on the Peninsula in Northern, CA. We have to 'look carefully' for fall colors! We appreciate any orange, yellow and red that we see. . .makes us grateful for that touch of fall. Then we are thankful that we are still in shorts and short-sleeves. . .and will be for most of the year! :)

• User
    vor 6 Jahren

Emily in RI - gorgeous photos!

Cold temperatures this week finally triggered some fall color, about 2 weeks later than usual. Here are a few pics of my garden in the woods. I love this time of year, the same colors outside that I use in the house inside. :-)

• M. Walczak
    vor 6 Jahren
    This red maple is getting started but high winds today in Northern Ky may eliminate leaves before it turns fire red! I hope not because it's my favorite in the yard.
  • Donna Hurst
    vor 6 Jahren

Finally had a chance to go through the huge park near us in Youngstown. We moved here from Dallas late last summer...total change of scenery here. I'll never get tired of fall.

• merrigay
    vor 6 Jahren

The fall colors where I live in Indiana have been spectacular this year. I've especially noticed the sweet gum trees which were ho hum the past few years. It's rained a lot tho' so we're not going to have them much longer. Thanks to all for the beautiful pics.

• M. Walczak
    vor 6 Jahren
    Entrance to my neighborhood in Northern Ky and the Red Maple in the backyard.
  • Hope Williams
    vor 6 Jahren
    Oh yes! We are at peak here in the north Georgia Mountains.
  • smfile
    vor 6 Jahren

Akron, Ohio

• janeyd1954
    vor 6 Jahren

I'm in the NE corner of CT. The foliage was beautiful, but now sadly fading... However, I did get photos of some beautiful pink burning bushes. Each time I see them, I have to stop and admire them and thank God!

• Tootsie
    vor 6 Jahren
    The sugar maples have never been brighter in SW Illinois!
  • chinwoo
    vor 6 Jahren

Yes, finally! Here in Delaware, it has been quite warm and the turning of leaves have been late this year. Now that the cold is settling in (20 something degrees overnight) the leaves are freezing on the trees, and starting to fall more. It will be a very short autumn, but the leaves on trees did get beautiful color for the most part. It has not been a fantastic fall as in past years.

• williamdsolar
    vor 6 Jahren

Not telling.Will give a clue.

Pearce Stocking. From my bicycle.

• lauren1331
    vor 6 Jahren

I live in Northern Virginia and we have lovely fall colors in the neighborhood. We have a very large tulip poplar in the back yard which has turned a very nice yellow, a small red bud also yellow and a large maple in the front yard that is a red/orange/yellow mix.

• sharonjackson001
    vor 6 Jahren

Oregon has a beautiful fall. My acreage has a variety of deciduous trees, large leaf Oak, maples and variety of Japanese maples. A beautiful fall drive is the Columbia gorge. Below is one of my Emperor Japanese maple trees.

• Rawketgrl
    vor 6 Jahren

West Cascade foothills rural WA

• onewingstudio
    vor 6 Jahren

California isn't known for it's fall color, but! the Japanese maples turn a juicy red before loosing their leaves. And oddly some of the best fall color comes from the poison Oak! gold, red russet. What more could one want? Just don't gather it for your dinner table arrangement.

• Nidnay
    vor 6 Jahren
    onewingstudio....agree....poison oak/ivy have great fall colors!
  • caolynhuey
    vor 6 Jahren
    Court house in Carthage, MO!
  • almostjane
    vor 6 Jahren

Here in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York - southern shore of Lake Ontario - colors this year have been uncharacteristically dull. Not nearly as bright as most years. I read somewhere that either a wet Summer or a dry one can impact the vividness of the Fall leaves, but I can't remember which one is better for color. Maybe another Houzzer knows? The Fall has still been beautiful - just more subdued & a little later arriving than usual.

• rdt0420
    vor 6 Jahren

Our new home is on a marsh, and overlooks Simmons Sound, the Sullivan's Island Causeway, and the backside of Sullivan's Island. Our "fall color" is watching the marsh grass go from green to gold, and the incredible sunrises and sunsets.

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    vor 6 Jahren

Oh yes, I live in Montreal, Canada and from my back and front windows I can see huge 100 year old maple trees turning from green to yellow to orange to red, some even turn purple...and any park looks amazing this time of year. Usually, the second week-end of October is known as "the colours" when they are at their peak.

• Tirtza K
    vor 6 Jahren
    Here in central NJ the colors are not as varied as compared to other states.
    But we enjoy the beauty that we do get!
  • wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

It is not New England but fall is beautiful none the less, muted but beautiful. No neon colors.

I also love to go on a drive to see fall in the mountains and deserts of New Mexico. It is a whole other palette of colors. The sage greens and red dirt add a whole other dimension to fall colors.

I grew up in Neon New England /New York fall colors and I find the colors of western falls magical and wonderful in their unexpected combinations. Even the grass gets in on the act with purples, pinks and orange. But we definitely do get fall colors

Even in a fallow field

• Maryjane Smith
    vor 6 Jahren

Yes we have lovely autumn leaf colour in England, but I visited New England and Vermont 2 years ago and that was amazing!

• Patti Pedigo
    vor 6 Jahren

No we live in Houston, and that would be nice. We relocated from the midatlantic area and miss it big time. Especially at thanksgiving

• K Laurence
    vor 6 Jahren

I live in coastal So California, yes , we have some fall color contrary to popular belief. It’s not as dramatic as in other parts of the country but it is still there in smaller quantities since, if I’m not mistaken, I think the change of color is , at least in part, due to change of light also. But we are rewarded with color throughout the year via flowers & other colorful foliage, no gray winters. I recently visited relatives in the northeast, I was shocked at how gray everything was, I had only visited there in the spring & summer previously.

• PRO
    Contempo Space
    vor 6 Jahren

YES! New Jersey has been slow to get cold this year, and as a result the leaves have been slowly changing colors for quite a long time now. It's gorgeous!

• ubpb
    vor 6 Jahren

We had a quick brilliant fall this year. Strong winds blew away most of the beautiful leaves. But here is a shot of my front yard before the blast.

• lauren1
    vor 6 Jahren

I used to live in NH where colors were vivid in autumn. I traded that experience (mostly to avoid winter) fifteen years ago to move to Hawaii where we enjoy a different kind of vivid colors year-round. Apples and oranges, I know, but autumn comes around each year in both places and both are beautiful.

• PRO
    Contempo Space
    vor 6 Jahren

Absolutely !! Still plenty of Fall colors in and around Passaic, NJ. We <3 Fall Contempo Space

• Teresa Segstro
    vor 6 Jahren
    The beautiful fall view from the lookout in my hometown Nelson BC Canada.
  • Lindsey Omis
    vor 6 Jahren
    Nova Scotia has beautiful autumns
  • Joni
    vor 6 Jahren

NW Arkansas...the leaves have mostly fallen, but the fall sunsets are very colorful!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    vor 6 Jahren

It is 80º out and the leaves are turning nicely now.

And I agree, these dry fall evenings make for killer sunsets, And for you, all those leaves are out of the way. The sun sets move south to a prairie view line between my banks of cedars.

• Resistance
    vor 6 Jahren
    only in suburbs where exotic trees have been planted by colonialists that didn't value indigenous plants.
  • myrapatane
    vor 6 Jahren

I live in rural Northern California near Chico and we have beautiful fall colors.

• Ama Sal
    vor 6 Jahren
    Fort Mill, SC
  • Mar
    vor 6 Jahren
    If brown leaves count, then I see an autumn color! haha Aside from in stores it's not really noticable when summer ends here in Central Florida.
  • PRO
    Jeannette Gevedon Interiors
    vor 6 Jahren

Even tho I live in northern CA, we still have beautiful fall colors. I am originally from New England and only miss the coast of RI! This picture is outside my dining room window.

• mlmathias9
    vor 6 Jahren

It is an amazing time of the year and I enjoyed looking at all the beautiful pictures of Fall from all who have posted. I live in a tropical island in the Pacific and where its mostly the sun and the surf and the white sands...I thank God for a beautiful world, where ever we are.

• margery_griffith
    vor 6 Jahren
    Loved them all! Such a great variety. Started to comment on the great photography of the Cent. TX entries, so different and in its own way lovely. We, St Louis (lived here just 2 yrs) we had a hot dry summer and fall JUST hit us very late so a dull fall. Been lucky to have lived in many parts of the country east of the Ol Miss (til now): Ohio, up state ny, Conn, Mass, Vt, and various places south, FL, AL and nothing beats New England for spectacular color but of course those beautiful old houses help. Had to be impressed with the subtle colors in those TX photos though! Thanks for the great 'Tour' everyone!
  • wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    vor 6 Jahren

Fall is still going on here in Texas and I got snow WITH my fall colors. Even in the Rio Grande Valley. What a treat. It has been 6 years since our last measurable snow. Texans totally loose there heads when they see a flake or two. Anyway, by the time I had unfrozen my outdoor faucets and grabbed my camera, most had already melted. I still loved my long walk. I find myself staring at the photos. It is back up into the 70's.

• tooky58
    vor 6 Jahren

We were still in the Eastern Sierra's for hubby's job. Not only did we have a lot of color from all the Aspen trees, I could listen to the waterfall across the valley while sitting on the cabin porch.

Just have to learn how to post photos.

• artsyphartsy_home_maker
    vor 6 Jahren

The very first 'fall' leaves to change which began to appear here in NJ in August 2017, technically it wasn't really fall yet --but these were the first to begin to change in our yard a bit early. Just the very beginning and small hint of fall 'color' for the season.

I love fall, my FAVORITE!!!

• PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    vor 6 Jahren

No fall colors in Miami, Florida.

J Design Group | Interior Design company in Miami, FL
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com

• lhlin
    vor 6 Jahren

Not here in the FL Panhandle... I'm originally from the NE and I miss the changing leaves, I'm jealous...oh, wait...no snow, no ice, no bitterly cold temps...still wearing shorts...nevermind. ;)

• Bev
    vor 6 Jahren

Yes I do and they are gorgeous! I just happen to have burning bushes in my yard for that reason!

• PRO
    sharonna misha designs
    vor 5 Jahren

no, and I may be in the minority, but I love it that way- just gorgeous green + flowery + tropical + full of life all the time! so good for my soul

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn0NAGQFj5w/

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.