Houzz Logo Print
sherry_london39

what SW gray paint with alaska gray stacked stone wall?

Sherry London
vor 6 Jahren

I'm remodeling a condo. Floor will be vinyl plank in a gray wood tone. Fireplace/TV are Alaska Gray stacked stone. What color paint? Looking at SW Reflection, Passive, and Evening Shadow. Paint will be throughout the condo. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Kommentare (32)

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    vor 6 Jahren

Well, if you haven't bought the flooring yet consider switching to a natural wood tone. It will look more timeless. Gray is a trend that is dying fast so this flooring may look dated in just a year.

As for the paint, I think with a gray stone and a gray flooring gray paint would be overkill. White would provide enough contrast while still sticking with your modern vibe.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

is it too late to change the LVP color? the tones are different from the stone and just isn't the best choice. and why gray? that's a whole lot of gray in that room.I'm afraid it will look very cold w/o some warmth somewhere. how about a nice blue or green or even a beige tone? what color is your furniture?

if you did a silvery gray wall w/a warmer tone flooring, that would look good

• rebeccamomof123
    vor 6 Jahren

Agreed, you need to either change the flooring, or if you are set on the grey vinyl, then change the wall color to something outside the grey category or the room will look like an operating room, not a warm, cozy living space. What will your furnishings be? A large brown leather sectional or reclaimed wood table might help break it up if you are totally stuck on surrounding yourself with grey walls and floors.

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks all! Love the pictures. I'm locked into the floors. The picture I put up doesn't really show the true floor color. I'm having trouble uploading more pictures but it blends more with the wall than it looks.

• deegw
    vor 6 Jahren

From the pictures your floor shows warm undertones and your fireplace is definitely cool. You'll have more flooring in your room than stone and the warmish tone of the floor is going to be more obvious once you get all the flooring installed.

Try SW accessible beige which is a grey/beige which works well with warm colors and cool colors.

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thank you so much! I'll check it out today.

• amykath
    vor 6 Jahren

I have accessible beige in most of my house. It is definitely a great beige with a hint of gray.

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Beautiful! Any thoughts on couch color?

• deegw
    vor 6 Jahren

Since the floor is going to be the most prominent design element, I would concentrate on finding a neutral sofa that works best with your floor tones. Then you can use color or print from your rug and pillows to tie the floor and the fireplace and the upholstery together.

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

will do. Thanks for all your help!

• PRO
    Shannon & Waterman Custom Wide Plank Floors
    vor 6 Jahren

Not the exact same tones of grey but you might consider something in a medium brown to contrast with it. Some really nice suggestions in this topic as well.

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions! I've been lost.....

• amykath
    vor 6 Jahren

I would try to use some warm tones such as a beige or darker beige sofa and some warm wood tones. I think a rug that has the gray along with some other warm colors would look great.

Sherry London hat amykath gedankt
  • Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks Beth, Love the credenza and navy sofa idea. I don't think I could go dark walls! Lol- beautiful in the pictures but It's too far out of my comfort zone. Love blue touches as an accent.

• PRO
    Shannon & Waterman Custom Wide Plank Floors
    vor 6 Jahren

Beth, very well done style board!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 6 Jahren

thx Shannon,

Sherry, look into a nice tufted velvet or similar,,,(sorry,,I went a little crazy w/the pictures and photo shopping some ideas w/your room!)

here is the color combo of sofa/leather I was speaking of. this room has a lot of other things going, so ignore that part (except the plants. you need plants too!)

besides the pics being hung a bit high, I love the eclectic vibe in here too. leopard goes w/everything!

This cerulean color velvet chair would look great if you decided to go w/a gray or charcoal sofa. I mean,,,look at this color!

can you see that, w/this color gray sofa, pale gray walls and a nice, dark walnut credenza?? throw up some blues/greens artwork,,,,,yummy

do some black/white accents. like this rug

gorgeous!

amethyst/blush colors would look great w/your flooring tones.

light teals or peacock also look great w/your stone.

Don't be afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone and going w/some color. First off, it's only paint and can be easily changed if you don't like it, and second of all, color makes you (well, me anyway) feel good! Use it!

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Love it! so funny I was looking at a tufted velvet sectional from zgallerie! I love the blue punches and walnut credenza. You really "got" the look I was going for....contemporary with some glam!

• Nidnay
    vor 6 Jahren
    Hi Beth....where did you see that crystal chandelier. I found one similar, but it didn’t have the crystals circling the perimeter.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 6 Jahren

Had to show you a few more. honestly, there are so many great color combos you can do!

Nidnay,,,I have a similar light from Lamps plus,,but I have it in the dark bronze.. i'll find you names. Robert Abbey is the main one

I love this deep Indigo sofa

or this one

or some pink/taupe/jute rug, and gold

or just your basic gray, creamy white, and goldenrod and metallics!

ok,,,i'll stop now!

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Beth- Your pictures are terrific. I like the gray, metallics and goldenrod too! Can't wait to go shopping. Thanks again

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 6 Jahren

please keep us updated. love to see what you put together. (I like the indigo, walnut, some gold metallic, charcoal, blacks and whites, the best! That velvet sofa, in any color you get, will be a great focus piece. you can accessorize to the moon and back w/that! make sure you pick out some killer art too. makes all the difference in a room)

• Nidnay
    vor 6 Jahren
    Beth....beautiful fixture.
  • Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

I'll post pictures when I'm further along.

• wysmama
    vor 6 Jahren
    Beautiful
  • Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

The finished room! Thanks for all your help. we love it! The chair fabric is a champaign color....not orangy at all. Came out distorted in the picture.

• Olychick
    vor 6 Jahren

Very nice space!

Sherry London hat Olychick gedankt
  • jewelisfabulous
    vor 6 Jahren

What paint color did you end up choosing for the walls?

• Sherry London
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

I ended up with agreeable grey.

• Neil Wilczek
    letztes Jahr

Can I please highjack this thread as I just finished installing an Alaska gray stone ledger fireplace as well? But now I need to replace the flooring… which means I have to do it across my entire first floor. I would love ideas for my living room (interior design is not my strong suit)! First things first, new laminate flooring. I was set on gray tones because I am doing some flavor of farmhouse style through - painting walls white and getting rid of browns. But a comment was made that gray flooring may soon be dated. Will it though??

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

Neil, you will get a lot more suggestions if you start your own thread.

what I will tell you is no gray laminate. In fact, I wouldn't even do laminate. can't you do a nice engineered oak? like a french oak?

These following two floors are exactly what I would choose. (along w/these beams. more on that later)

all engineered options.

that won't go out of style and will look great w/your stone.

The last thing you want is more gray on floor where you'll be stuck with it for decades.

With flooring, it should be something that will last. laminate isn't going to last 50 years. wood will. wood floor will never go out of style. plastic stuff will.

But ifi you must to the LVP, pick a really, really good quality brand/style that looks like a nice french oak in a natural to medium stain color

I would NOT do any type of gray flooring. Your fireplace is very cool and modern. bring in some warmer wood tones.

This is Alaska Gray on this fireplace. Notice the warm wood floor, the wood accents, the white walls, and all of the textured items (the rug, and misc decor items) A potted tree in the corner would be perfect.

I also have to mention your room and windows. that ledger stone leans toward a more contemporary vibe. The casing around your doors/windows and entryways, are all traditional. your stairway railing is traditional (90's) the windows, ditto. and that ceiling fan, please, exchange for a nice (and hang it lower) chandelier of some type.

This color combo, flooring, furniture, would look equally amaing in your room. love the black accents on the sides of this fireplace. This wood floor is perfect color for yours.

wood beams that you can't see make the whole room

And if you did some faux wood beams on that cathdreal ceiling, it would look a million times better.

In fact, since you like the modern farmhouse, check out this link. she has the same fireplace stone like you do and explains how she did the faux beams. (yours would look even better than this since you have the vaulted ceiling!)

https://modernfarmhouseglam.com/blog/wood-beams-in-greatroom-at-modern-farmhouse-glam/

She actually used a wood look tile on her floor, but it's not half bad. can you imagine how cold this would look if she had used a gray flooring?? trust me. go w/a wood. and the wood beams.

Use your imagination w/this one on the fireplace (imagine your stone). this is a darker floor to match the beams. Sectional is so much nicer than what you have. wood shelves, throws, the lighting,,,,

some other decor ideas if you like the farmhouse. (notice all of these have the warmer wood floors, not GRAY!)

copy any of these photos for ideas, flooring, beams, decor.

Like I said, start your own thread and you'll get lots more help if you want to transform that room.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.