Houzz Logo Print
phil_evans88

Thoughts on counter stone type

Phil Evans
vor 6 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 6 Jahren

Hi I found this beautiful slab at a warehouse -blanco cachoeiro and they were not positive on what type of stone it was..they said not really granite or marble so probabaly quartzite

. They claimed to test it and said it was tough. Does anyone know what it might be? It's $50 a sq ft installed. The white areas are very crystalized which may not be apparent from the photo.

Kommentare (6)

• PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    vor 6 Jahren

Quartzite

• sprtphntc7a
    vor 6 Jahren

search for the "geology threads by karin_mt!! so much info and knowledge and she tells you how to test the stone to find out what it REALLY is!!

• PRO
    Gallery Kitchens and Baths
    vor 6 Jahren

if its quartzite at $50.00 sf installed I would take it. The color of the stone is great.

• just_janni
    vor 6 Jahren

My money is on a marble. Like you - anything I like that is this pretty is marble. (and $50/sq foot for quartzite would be almost unheard of)

Phil Evans hat just_janni gedankt
  • Phil Evans
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks, yes I had heard quartzite is more expensive typically so I was shocked when I was quoted $50 And then $80 for white marbleish quartz at the same place. I guess the glass test is the only way to truly know...assuming I can't get a sample to try to stain/etch.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.