Houzz Logo Print
kayanee

Do I tip a professional landscaping company?

kayanee
vor 6 Jahren

I'm not talking about my normal yard care guys that come weekly to mow and edge. But I just finished a large landscaping project in my backyard this morning and I am wondering if I am supposed to tip the head person? Or do I tip the landscape designer that actually designed it and came out frequently to oversee everything? I really don't know....

Kommentare (5)

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    vor 6 Jahren

I have seen my clients tip foreman & key workers at times. Less frequently, the designer & never the company owner.

kayanee hat Dig Doug's Designs gedankt
  • kayanee
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

DO you know if there is a percentage to go off of? My total project was $16,000

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    vor 6 Jahren

Tipping after the completion of a large project here is uncommon. I'm not sure how it goes with other, construction type trades but adequate payment for the workers is factored into the cost/estimates for the project. But baked goods or other refreshments are always appreciated :-)) OTOH, routine yard care personnel are often tipped here at the end of the season or at the holidays.

As a designer, I have never received a tip. I guess they figures my fees are sufficient. Big "thank yous", but no cash :-))

kayanee hat gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9) gedankt
  • PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    vor 6 Jahren

A tip is 100% voluntary and honestly, generally unexpected (but very welcome). I've had clients who tipped my guys a twenty each, and clients who slipped them each a couple hundred. Because it's not a standard part of their compensation they'll be thrilled with whatever you give them.

And like gardengal, the boss always gets hosed at tipping time :)

kayanee hat Revolutionary Gardens gedankt
  • PRO
    Burke Brothers Landscape Design/Build
    vor 6 Jahren

It is not customary to tip, however it is always at the discretion of the homeowner. We've had 100k+ jobs completed and had our crew (3 men) tipped $20.00 each. Again, it's defiantly appreciated but not customary, whatever you feel you want to tip will be appreciated greatly.

kayanee hat Burke Brothers Landscape Design/Build gedankt
Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.