Houzz Logo Print
rehabear

Is Maple or birch a better choice for clear acrylic kitchen cabinets?

Bunny Joy
vor 6 Jahren
What would be the difference? Such as durability and appearance?
Basement Renovation in Bethesda · Mehr Info

Kommentare (4)

• PRO
    Stohlman & Kilner Remodeling Contractors
    vor 6 Jahren

The answer to this question is aesthetic only. Being both quality hardwood they would be the same in terms of performance/durability. Maple tends to be lighter and more consistent in color. Birch can tend to have more color variation from blond to brown. Good luck!

• Bunny Joy
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Thank you very much! I have been reading reviews on cabinet brands and there seems to be a lot of inconsistency per buyer reviews. We are of retirement age and this kitchen will be our last and having to redo in 5-10 years is not an option. So that is why I'm thinking of going with a natural wood look. Being longer lasting aesthetically and functionally speaking rather than say a modern laminate. Am I correct in thinking this way? is there a brand that can be trusted for consistency or should I expect to have to have them custom made to get true quality?
  • PRO
    Stohlman & Kilner Remodeling Contractors
    vor 6 Jahren

I think you need to find a kitchen showroom/salesperson that you trust in your area. They can walk you through the options out there from stock to custom made. Quality can be had a multiple price points.

• Bunny Joy
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Thks for your time. I will have to look around. I am close to the Charlotte, NC. area. I once saw a German manufacturers business that looks like they do excellent work. I'll probably try them first. Thanks again for your guidedence.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.