Houzz Logo Print
jflynn97

something over fireplace?

Jennifer
vor 6 Jahren
Need help with living room. There is photography over the sofa so would I do artwork or wall art over the fireplace? I don’t want it to look too busy.

Kommentare (18)

• ilovecomputers
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

A mirror would also go well. This room looks very restful. I could use your advice on orchids!

Jennifer hat ilovecomputers gedankt
  • Jennifer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

I need to get plants for the pots.

As far as the orchids go... ice cubes once a week does the trick.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 6 Jahren

A piece of art has a life and IMO always works better than a mirror over a fireplace.

• User
    vor 6 Jahren

What a pretty and elegant room! I agree with art — black and white like your other pictures or something very modern/colorful (abstract, for instance). I’m someone who appreciates a soothing, monochromatic scheme, so I’d repeat the square shape.

• PRO
    Master Tile Kitchen and Bath Design
    vor 6 Jahren

A large mirror or a statement piece of framed art would be lovely - A large clock can also look lovely over a mantel. :)

• chloebud
    vor 6 Jahren

Yes...art over the fp would be best. Pretty room!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 6 Jahren

Please no clocks in any space except bedroom and not even in a kitchen where every where you look there is a clock.

• pricklypearcactus
    vor 6 Jahren

Love your space! I agree with the suggestions to for monochromatic art. Looks like you have black and white photographs above your couch. If it were my space I would look for either some black and white art or a black and white photograph similarly framed above the fireplace. Something rectangular to slightly fill the space but not so massive it overwhelms. I like the scale of the art above the sofa where there's some room to breathe and you can still see the lovely paint color.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    vor 6 Jahren

I wouldn't go with black and white above the fireplace, but something with very subtle tones, probably an abstract, where you might also have a warm color to go with the drapes. I know that sounds a little soulless, to consider the tones in a room, but it doesn't have to be if you choose something you love. For myself a I would choose an unframed oil to give the wondefulr texture and originality of the real thing. I've found e-bay to be a great source of original art in all price ranges. You have a beautiful room that I can admire even though my style is much more colorful and traditional. You might try hanging the photos over the couch next to each other. If that looks too skimpy, perhaps two more over them would complete the look. A nice chair at right angles to the couch on the side away from the window might give a more welcoming and comfortable look.

• l pinkmountain
    vor 6 Jahren

I love clocks. Have one in every room, an artistic one over the fireplace. Not all of them are accurate lol! Different strokes for different folks. I like the big ones since my eyesight is going, but I do also think they are overdone a bit at this point.

• mjconti
    vor 6 Jahren

Definitely art - and an opportunity to add some color to the room. It doesn't have to be vivid & bright, but can be softly colorful and the room would still look soothing!

• groveraxle
    vor 6 Jahren

• User
    vor 6 Jahren

Agree with mjconti...how about a little color to show your personality?

• l pinkmountain
    vor 6 Jahren

Love those blinds btw. Did you make them?

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    vor 6 Jahren

It is very elegant room, so something elegant above the mantel.

• suezbell
    vor 6 Jahren

Choose any wall art to reflect your personal interest.

http://www.csmau.com/crazy-ways-to-buy-metal-wall-decor-in-the-limited-budget/iron-decorative-wall-pieces-large-metal-tree-wall-art-black-metal-wall-art-decor-metal-flower-art-floral-metal-wall-decor-black-wrought-iron-wall-decor/

http://www.fordfire.com/nice-music-wall-art/music-wall-art-keyboard-3d-wall-art-music-wall-sculpture-contemporary-wall-decor-keyboard/

Because your mantel is high, consider something more horizontal rather than square -- keep the top of any art placed above the well below the top of the windows.

A good clock is always worth considering for above a mantel.

• dala3905
    vor 6 Jahren
    My go to is always a mirror. And then I swap out other items like vases, frames or candle holders. I change it up with the season or my mood. Lol. But my mirror is always the constant.
Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.