Houzz Logo Print
kalcium1234

Can we replace 10" duct with rectangular rough equivalent in vent hood

Kalcium
vor 6 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 6 Jahren

Hi - I'm planning on installing a 1200 CFM vent hood (possibly ModernAire) above my 48" range - I know the recommended vent size is 10" - however, can this be replaced with a vent which has roughly equivalent cross section area but isn't 10" in diameter?

Kommentare (6)

• mtvhike
    vor 6 Jahren

I'll let the pros weigh in, but I think it's cross section should be somewhat greater (a round tube has less resistance than a square tube).

• sktn77a
    vor 6 Jahren

Are you trying to vent it through a standard 4" (actually 3.5") interior wall space?

• Kalcium
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

For now I think the idea is we will go up to the ceiling, then straight into through the ceiling joists to the outside wall. So I don't think we will be moving vertically through walls, but if we decide to vent to the roof then we may have to do so...

• PRO
    Victory Range Hoods
    vor 6 Jahren

If you need to use a rectangular duct for a blower that produces 1200CFM, you will need to get a duct that is either 8" x 10" or 9" x 9". These sizes aren't too common so you may need to get it custom made in your case along with a customer transition to go from 10" round to either of the two sizes above (assuming your hood starts with a 10" round duct). If you try connecting it to a rectangular duct that is small that what I just described then you will most likely cause more air resistance which will produce more noise and likely reduce the actual CFM you are able to produce.

• Kalcium
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

great - thanks for the insight!

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.