Houzz Logo Print
westtn

ID these two plants

West TN
vor 6 Jahren

The first pictures are of bushes blooming on my property in zone 7 (west tn). Some of them have thorns and some don't, but they are all attractive to honey bees here. I want to know what they are so I can plant more of them.

This picture is of a plant I found next to one of the blooming bushes above.

Any information would be helpful.

Kommentare (12)

• Bourbon Milkshake
    vor 6 Jahren

Chaenomeles and Kalanchoe?

West TN hat Bourbon Milkshake gedankt
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    vor 6 Jahren

Yes, Chaenomeles and Hylotelephium.

West TN hat peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada gedankt
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    vor 6 Jahren

Or in laymen's terms, flowering quince and an upright sedum :-))

West TN hat gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9) gedankt
  • West TN
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks! I think my grandmother must have planted them long ago. Maybe I can find some more to buy in a nursery. Do you think the bushes would grow from cuttings?

• Embothrium
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

Yes, you should be able to root the quince - if you know a suitable method first. When using a web search try a phrase like "chaenomeles cuttings".

West TN hat Embothrium gedankt
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    vor 6 Jahren

It is very likely the quince is producing suckers......in which case you can quite easily remove one or more of the perimeter ones with roots intact = instant new plant!!

West TN hat gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9) gedankt
  • PRO
    American Beauty Landscape Design
    vor 6 Jahren

You can divide the sedum, just carefully lift out the plant with as much root area as possible then cut the root mass in half then replant. For the quince you can simply bend a few branch,s down to the bare earth and place a small softball size stones on the branch holding in contact with the earth, roots will form in a few months. Then cut the branch free above the newly formed roots. You will have a nice rooted cutting ready to plant!!

West TN hat American Beauty Landscape Design gedankt
  • West TN hat windberry zone5a BCCanada gedankt
  • Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    vor 6 Jahren

And one can cut stems of Sedum & stick them in the ground.

West TN hat Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL gedankt
  • Kyle
    vor 6 Jahren

I usually have good success rooting quinces by sticking cuttings in the ground where I want them grow. In the winter when the ground gets moist and will stay moist until spring/summer.

West TN hat Kyle gedankt
  • floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    vor 6 Jahren

The Hylotelephium is struggling rather amongst the Euonymus and grass. It would do better in a sunny cultivated bed and at present looks a bit too weak to divide yet. Your Chaenomeles has a branch of Eleagnus growing up through it. Looks as if you have your work cut out, it appears to be a bit of a jungle there ;-)

West TN hat floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK gedankt
Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.