Houzz Logo Print
makeupartistfl

Jack's Seeds.com is it a hoax?

Carol Bieber
vor 6 Jahren

I ran across this website called Jack's Seeds.com. There are tomato plants with all different color tomatos on the same plant. There are flowers that look like they are dyed but maybe it is for real I don't know. Can some of you take a look at the site and tell me is it a hoax or for real? Thanks for your input! Carol

Kommentare (100)

• Janet Ventriglia
    vor 5 Jahren

Well I order pink and blue pumpkins which are grown in other areas, but hence mine are regular orange and green acorn squash looking pumpkins...so the china scam continues. Just wondering if i should cook them they seem healthy and beautiful but not color as advertised

• susanlbruneau
    vor 5 Jahren

I ordered Apple Blossom Rosebud Geranium seeds. They sprouted and are growing, but they sure don’t look like geranium plants! No flowers yet, but I will continue to grow out of curiosity.

• ehlenfeldtlori
    vor 5 Jahren

Here's the final end to the story -

The Blue Chrysanthemums are marigolds, large, tall, chrysanthemum style petals, single petals; the whole gamut of marigold styles. I sent a complaint, they sent new seeds, which are still in the package.

The rainbow tomatoes were red and light red. They were large, healthy plants with gray/green leaves. I told the company this and they promised to add those seeds to the others they were going to send and the tomato seeds did not arrive.

The hibiscus were actually basil like plants - tall and healthy, but definitely not hibiscus.

Pretty sure I'm not recommending them to others. Considering filing a complaint now that I have the seed packet in the original package.

• dkj123987
    vor 5 Jahren

Love this thread! Really gives insight into a crooked company that is allowed to rip off people who don't know what is possible or not with plants. ehlenfeldtlori, please do file that complaint. And thanks for being so persistent with them!

• John D Zn6a PIT Pa
    vor 5 Jahren

They're looking forward to the photos you photoshoped into new unusual colors as they'll have a new variety to sell!

• cp317
    vor 5 Jahren

I’d like to thank everyone for their posts. I almost ordered a couple pkgs of flower seeds from them. I was captivated by the bold colors the flowers had.

I was a little concerned about the fruit... Is it safe to eat? What did they have to do to ”make” these fruit & veggies look so Unique?.. ...

So I searched for reviews & here I am... glad I came here 1st... I bought nothing.. thank you again

• ehlenfeldtlori
    vor 5 Jahren

Don't get me wrong - the marigolds were some of the tallest, strongest I've ever grown/seen. They were not as advertised, though. The tomato plants were healthy also - the tomatoes were canned and are fine (so far). The advertising is very misleading...

• Hooper
    vor 5 Jahren

Sadly, I did not see this thread and ordered from Jack's Seeds. I ordered orange coleus seeds and some variegated seeds.

While I was waiting for my seeds to arrive (which seems to take forever) from "New York', I decided to see what Logee's had new and exciting. Imagine mmy surprise when I saw the exact pictures of the two items I had ordered from Jack's right there on Logee's page AND THEY WERE BEGONIAS! After contacting Jack's several times with no response, I handed all the information over to paypal for a dispute. My case is currently pending.

• cardiffumikabura
    vor 5 Jahren

More than Just Color Misrepresentation - Crime

I ordered few seeds from Jack Sees on Jan 17, 2019. It was uncharacteristic of me for not reviewing reviews before I made the transaction, but it was not much and PayPal payment made me feel like it was a legit seller.

At the time of the purchase, I did not know that the seeds were all coming from China. I live in California by the way. I became aware of that when they sent me a tracking number on Jan. 18. Still, I was not aware of the rest.

On February 5, I received a package from China with the tracking number. The package however, was sealed with the US customs green tape. There were no seeds in it, instead I received a Mail Interception Notice from US Department of Agriculture -. The letter said seeds were “Prohibited Material Removed and Destroyed” as attached.

So, basically this seller is selling illegal materials to US buyers without buyers’ awareness.

Seller went even further to disguise what they were doing and the described seeds as “Phone Cases” on the envelope.

When I contacted the seller, they offered me a store credit. I declined the offer and asked for refund. How can anyone believe these people? Then the seller said they would only do that if I drop the case I filed with PayPal. I contacted PayPal immediately to escalate the case because this was another trap by the seller. Once you drop a case with PayPal, you cannot reopen the case. After much of chat with PayPal, I got my refund.

So I am OK. I am writing this because I wanted to tell the potential victims about this Chinese scam or whatever you can describe them.

• brommers
    vor 5 Jahren

Hello from Australia!

I have joined this amazing thread because we have exactly the same problem over here. The Department of Agriculture controls the Quarantine imports into this country.

I buy seeds from reputable companies and only on occasion do I get a letter saying that they have destroyed a packet of seeds because it was mislabelled or banned. I also bring seeds into Australia and declare them at the border, where they look up on their computers and tell me if I can bring them in. They used to do it in a big black book years ago and it took forever! I always try and choose seeds that are allowable to enter Australia and very few have been taken off me. They have to have the full botanical name on the packet.

Seeing Jack Seeds on the net and presuming that it was a company not in China, I have actually ordered a packet of seeds from them. I wasn't fooled by the colours, but thought I would see what happened. I emailed them once I had put the order in:

"HelloI have just put an order in to send to Australia. When I order from overseas I always ask the sender:

Please can you guarantee that you will put the full botanical names on the shipping docket?

It has to say that on the envelope and on the individual packets, otherwise Australian Customs will destroy the seed.

They sort out the ones that are not allowed in, however I think I have only ordered allowable seeds.

Just to let you know, they also will not let ‘Mixed’ seeds in.

Can you agree to doing this please?

I have had so many seeds destroyed which have been sent from other countries because they have not been labeled correctly, which have been destroyed unnecessarily.

Thank you"

The only email I have received from them is that the seeds have been shipped. I guess that they haven't done what I asked and that they will be destroyed.

We may know in a fortnight and I will let you know.

My point is that the website is a lot more sophisticated than the usual Asian rip-offs and a lot of people will get caught...

Love this conversation!

• Houzz-Nutzer 536489444
    vor 5 Jahren

I received mine this was on label who do I report it to I’m not planting why dies it say phone case and tools??????

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

LOL!! You don't/can't report it....that's the entire point. And phony packing labels are how they try to get around APHIS regulations.

• Houzz-Nutzer 536489444
    vor 5 Jahren

But it’s wrong

• Houzz-Nutzer 892432480
    vor 5 Jahren

Dear Carol, I am a master gardener and I have consulted with a few of my colleagues at Oregon State University in Corvallis. Our expert opinion says,”It is impossible to reproduce through seed a multitude of different color fruit on the same vine. The only close second is grafting. Is there a telephone number for “Jack” seed. In my opinion, if you purchase these seeds, you won’t get Jack!

• Houzz-Nutzer 892432480
    vor 5 Jahren

You can’t go wrong with Burpee! I’ve been using them for 41 years

• harold100
    vor 5 Jahren

I saw Jack's ad today on Facebook and took great glee in warning folks about this scammer.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    vor 5 Jahren

LOL!! It doesn't take a master gardener consulting with colleagues to know that this Jack's website is wrong on so many levels. Anyone that is the slightest bit familiar with the plants they are selling seeds for know they do not exist in those forms or colors.

• harold100
    vor 5 Jahren

But....there were gullible people saying 'ooh, I want those'. It would have made P. T. Barnam smile!

• Houzz-Nutzer 993499979
    vor 5 Jahren

I recently ordered 10 packs of seeds. They were sent to me in an envelope with no identifying what they were. Now I have 10 packs of seeds in little plastic envelopes and no idea what I have. I wrote to them and they sent SKU numbers with flower names but sent 3 incorrect SKUs' and most of the SKUs' were of flowers/plants I did not order. A total waste of my money and time. When the put their ad on Facebook again I am going to be sure I let every one know they are a fraud. They have no idea what they are doing except taking your money.

• ehlenfeldtlori
    vor 5 Jahren

Should be an interesting garden, for sure. After last year's experience, I've been putting my thoughts on their ads on Facebook. Things like fraudulent advertising, inaccurate information, etc..

Go for it! Comment away -

• caroljaquess
    vor 5 Jahren

I also fell in the trap of ordering these "exotic flower seeds" and at a high price. Of course, they came in envelopes with only numbers, no description of which flower, and they also said phone cases on the shipping label, as well as another company's name as the shipper., Jacks Seeds, charges go under AN & N Associates, and at the address, there is no building, only a mail box for mail orders, out of Canada too, and so no 48 hours delivery. It took 2 months for my seeds to arrive. The phone number for this company never answered, nor could you leave messages. Then I read all these comments I knew I was in trouble. I contacted PayPal and opened two cases, as I had two orders, to dispute these order. Paypal kept supporting the seller as they had a tracking number, and in all my responses on this dispute, I stated all the reasons, as listed in above comments, as to why I wanted a refund, and finally, after two months of arguing, PayPal agreed in my favor, but this was not easy dealing with PayPal and I almost stopped putting any orders through PayPal company. If I had contacted my credit card company, American Express, I would have received my money back immediately based on the fact everything about Jack Seeds reviews is illegal and dangerous to the United States. Who knows what vegetable you are eating or what bug you might be bring here as well as not being able to contact them. I believe I read somewhere that this company AN & N has only been established a year, so they will make a lot of money this years, and probably bankrupt or re-organize next year, before seeds can show there true colors, and they will not be penalized at all. PayPal, has them as a vendor and they were protecting them totally, not me!

• Carol Bieber
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

So glad I started this thread so everyone will know what a fraud that Jack's Seeds is!

• Houzz-Nutzer 993499979
    vor 4 Jahren

I was duped too. Lost quite a lot of $$. I urge any one needing seeds to go to another company, There are plenty of good ones. Next time I will just Burpees'

• Houzz-Nutzer 635277125
    vor 4 Jahren

I was another pigeon. Seeds came in small package from China. Described on outside of package as 1) Phone Case, 2) Small Case. Two small packets of seeds indide. I had ordered seeds months ago and wondered what took so long. Then looked up Jack Seeds and saw this reference to the China hoax. Not big money but feel burned. May plant in pots to see what I got.

• Margo Karolyi
    vor 4 Jahren

I only ordered from them because their ad kept appearing on The Weather Network and they had a decent website with seeds for plants not readily available in Canada. I spent $30 plus tax and shipping and received a teeny tiny package from China a month later containing 5 itsty bitsy clear bags containing seeds (but no labels, so I have no idea what is what, or even if the seeds I got are the ones I ordered). I'm going to plant them and see what happens but I feel totally ripped off. The label on the package shows "phone case" and "small case" as contents - as it is illegal to ship seeds into Canada from China. I wish I'd found this thread before I spent my money. Live and learn, I suppose.

• Houzz-Nutzer 350032988
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

Total bogus! My purple,lavender,blue hibiscus what came up is yellow bloom almost like okra bloom. The pink marigolds are orange and yellow scraggly plants! None of other 70 dollar order came up!!

• Debbie Bailey
    vor 4 Jahren

I ordered 3 items of which only one came up. It was to be a purple hibiscus and looks like a castor bean tree... Hugh rip-off! Will be contacting them!

• Houzz-Nutzer 107545110
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

I too ordered seeds from Jack Seeds and when i reviewed my PayPal transactions I saw a company that I did not recognize doing business with. I paid $22 to Custom Cal TShirts? I contacted PayPal and escalated my dispute to a claim. When I tried to resolve the dispute with Jack Seeds I found that the telephone number provided is out of order and the contact email (info@jack seeds) sent me to an ERROR page...crossing my fingers that I get a full refund. Great looking website but yes the colors of the watermelon and strawberries was as they say"too good to be true". So disgusted.

Update: Within a few hours of making my claim with PayPa a full refund! Whew! Ive learned my lesson. Check reviews when ordering from an unknown seller. THANK YOU PAYPAL!

• Nevermore44 - 6a
    vor 4 Jahren

TIP- if you see a company selling these... run.

• Nevermore44 - 6a
    vor 4 Jahren

TIP- if you see a company selling these... run

• Houzz-Nutzer 497323471
    vor 3 Jahren

What is your reason for saying this please?

I ordered tomatoes and ate them.

• Nevermore44 - 6a
    vor 3 Jahren

Go ahead and post a picture of some eating a blue strawberry. ! This is a junk scamming company swindling money from people.

• awest2861
    vor 3 Jahren

Hoax yes...they have 23K people who has been scammed out of thousands.

• Vivian Montgomery
    vor 3 Jahren

I order from Jack-seed Company and only got no response on my order except it was order and supposed to be shipped. I also received information sent to my e-mail is advertisement for new order which I never will again

• Patricia Astle Astle
    vor 2 Jahren

Put an order in over a month ago. Nothing yet and the phone number no good waste of

• PRO
    horticulturalist
    vor 2 Jahren

I am a horticulturist/Grower. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. Listen...their are a lot of cool plants out there...Go to your local Nursery for them, PLEASE. There are NO SUCH THINGS AS RAINBOW FLOWER AND FRUITS. IT IS ALL PHOTOSHOPED. It IS a scam. Many of these companies operate on Etsy/eBay but this one has a site the seems some legit. It is not. In reality, there are a lot of HARDWORKING PLANT BREEDERS out there that produce unique and colorful plants. GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. Not some company who, if they even ship anything to you, gives you a packet of his knows what. This customer service “error” was not an error. It is in fact what they do to all of their customer as it would be impossible to give you seeds for a plant that does not exist. PLEASE just talk to your local nursery’s experts if you want something cool!

• PRO
    horticulturalist
    vor 2 Jahren

If you want REAL unique seed check out rareseeds.com botanicalinterests.com johnnyseeds.com selectseeds.com parkseed.com I order from all of these companie! These are all reliable companies who often carry novelty type fruits, vegetables and ornamentals that are unique in appearance. Plus they actually send their products!

• Houzz-Nutzer 396030117
    vor 2 Jahren

do not order from them this place is a joke !!

• Houzz-Nutzer 50700391
    vor 2 Jahren

Do Not Order!

phone # is not real. will not re to texts. order takes forever.

Can barely read. pretends t b from New York, but is in China.

• 2Hottdoggs
    vor 2 Jahren

I wouldn't buy anything from them, comma I made 2 purchases over 55 yeah it says over $55 each and never received anything and never received anything I had to call my bank to cancel the payment to cancel the payment there are rip off don't buy from them from them ever

• zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
    vor 2 Jahren

This company is obviously crooked, there are loads of bad reviews out there to prove it.

That being said... I have to question why so many people appear to have become members on GW only to post on this thread. That's a lot of effort to go through just to beat a dead horse.

• Bradley Cotten
    vor 2 Jahren

I would never order from this fraudulent seller. They took this picture of my Moraea villosa from my Flickr photos and are using it to sell Moraea iridioides seed. Who knows what the buyer receives. The United States department of agriculture needs to investigate this seller.

Don't waste your money.

They are probably introducing invasive plants this way.

• Jesse Rohlf
    vor 2 Jahren

The phone number on there website is not there number its fake for

• Houzz-Nutzer 743446953
    vor 2 Jahren

Yes it’s a hoax. you will get seeds but they’re not at all what you ordered - you just get random stuff that bears no resemblance to the photos. Good luck trying to get your money back.

• Gidget Wayne
    vor 2 Jahren

Hello from California so I am a first time garden planter and I failed to check reviews I was so excited to plant and grow rainbow fruit jacks seeds claimed 3 to 5 day shipping it has been 2 months since I placed the order and as of yet I have received nothing the rest of my garden is already sprouted and some bearing fruit already after reading these reveiws I am saddened to say I will probly never receive any seeds and if I do they defenaty won't be what I ordered due to the fact that it's i.possible for I plant to produce rainbow fruit GRRRRRRR !!!!!! JACKS SEEDS IS A HUGE RIPOFF THEY GOT ME FOR $ 65 NOT TO MENTION THE DISAPPOINTMENT ,SO BUMMED JACKS SEEDS YOU SHOULD BE MADE TO FACE CONSEQUINCES AND YOUR FAKE BUSINESS SHUT DOWN !!! JERKS !!!

• Bradley Cotten
    letztes Jahr

This company is a total scam! They lifted my photo of Morea villosa from my Flickr account and have been using it to sell totally different seeds. When I try to contact them neither their email address or their phone number are valid. It really pisses me off that these dishonest vendors take advantage of inexperienced gardeners to sell their fraudulent seeds. They should definitely be put out of business.

• PRO
    Dennis Staines Construction
    letztes Jahr

Jackseeds is a hoax! Do not order from this company. Fortunately, I only spent $8. & got free shipping. It took 3weeks for the seeds to arrive & the packages are tiny, no picture, & Chinese writing. What a scam of nature lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ceil S
    letztes Jahr

What led me to review is the fake colors, but more so, the saying ” you don’t know Jack”. you get Jack” by ordering from them.

• Alina Quast
    letztes Jahr

I just filed a Complaint with the Office of the Attorney General of Viginia Consumer section for fraud and mail fraud. You should all do the same in your states. Let's shut Jack Seeds DOWN!!

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.