Houzz Logo Print
buffyk__pressley

color scheme delama

Buffy K. Pressley
vor 5 Jahren
I am moving in to new house, and I can't decide on what color scheme to go with beige or off white walls and dark hardwood floors in the living room

Kommentare (9)

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    vor 5 Jahren

Off white is preferable to me. I like a clean, fresh look.

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    vor 5 Jahren

Do you have furniture?

• PRO
    Onetostyle
    vor 5 Jahren

you can start with these five questions. The answers will lead you to your new color scheme.

1. Where is the room?
    2. How many windows are there and which direction do they face?
    3. Is there landscaping outside that will have an effect on the colors in the room?
    4. Who will use the room, and what will they do there? Is it private or community space?
    5. Will it be a sociable and active place, or a peaceful place? How do I want it to feel?

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    vor 5 Jahren

If there is existing furniture, it may have a color already. Probably need to start there.

• PRO
    Onetostyle
    vor 5 Jahren

Totally true, If you have existing furniture, use that as your base color. layering on top your base color is much easier.

A good rule of thumb is to take a look at the color wheel. The primary colors are red, yellow and blue. Combining any one of these will give you a secondary color (i.e. purple, orange). Colors next to each other on the color wheel such as blue and purple are analogous to each other and will allow one color to stand out more. Colors opposite to each other on the color wheel, such as green and red are complementary to one another and will combine perfectly like Kim Kardashian and paparazzi. Staying within the same shades of color (i.e. greens) will give you a subtle and soothing look. Painting with cool colors such as blues, greens and purples make small rooms appear larger and airier while colors such as reds, yellows, and oranges will give a room a more vibrant look. You can vary the warmth even with a red or yellow by choosing muted shades of those colors such as pink, peach or a bumblebee yellow. Warm colors have cool ones as their complementary colors while cool colors combined with warm colors complement each other perfectly. Shades are either pure or vibrant, muted (which are less intense than their vibrant counterparts) or shaded (the darker colors in the same color scheme)

• Buffy K. Pressley
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    The room is an open kitchen and living room. No i do not have furniture yet, i am planning on purchasing new furniture. The house is brand new. The walls are painted beige or sort of off white color and the floors are a dark hardwood. I am trying to decide what color of furniture would complement the room, to give it a warm and cozy feel but not to drab. I like leather furniture, it's just trying to get the right color with out making it look too dark or having it too light.
  • functionthenlook
    vor 5 Jahren

I just depends on how large your room is, how much light the room receives, the paint color and the value of the other furniture in the room if brown/black leather will work. In your case you also got to take in to consideration the kitchen, What color are the cabinets, and the kitchen floor. Beige or off white is a neutral color and any other color can be paired with it.

• PRO
    Onetostyle
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

If taken everything in consideration, you just have to go with a color you like to wake up to, you like to sit in, and when you feel down gives you a boost. Eventualy when choosing colors for your house, it's a personal thing. Look for guidelines in pictures on Pinterest or Instagram. @Functionthenlook says it perfectly, it all depends on how big or how small the room is. Spatial rooms don't need a color that makes it look bigger. But your personal preference trumps everything we might say or advice. So be on the lookout for trends (yup colors have trends) And make sure that the color you choose is the one that makes you happy.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.