Houzz Logo Print
jbockness

Fireplace wall and big window/living room decorating tips

jbockness
vor 5 Jahren

Any advice on decorating this wall space? the walls are not the same size on each side. Thinking different size, mix/match shelves? also the big window space? From Sweden and love scandanavian style.

Kommentare (6)

• jbockness
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you! Why would you take the TV down?
  • PRO
    Michael Menn Ltd.
    vor 5 Jahren

While watching your TV, while sitting on a chair or couch, your eyes should be 1/3 the way up the TV screen. Clients of ours that refused this advice, and raised the TV higher up complain of neck aches.

• hbeing
    vor 5 Jahren

plus the tv detracts from the fireplace.

• arcy_gw
    vor 5 Jahren

LOL by now you know if TV watching as is is comfortable FOR YOU and that is all that matters. It does detract from the fireplace, however.

• Corinne
    vor 2 Jahren

Ok, in my opinion, I would not put the tv on the the wall to the left due to the window reflecting onto it, unless you want to use blackout window coverings which you would have to keep them closed most of the time:/ Instead, I would replace and lower that mantle with an appropriate sized beam for an updated look and then you would also be able to to lower your tv a bit, then add some floating shelves on either side of the fireplace that would also tie into the beam mantle. I would need to see more pictures of the whole room to help with more ideas.
    Hope this was helpful even though I’m a couple years late on this post, 🤪

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.