Houzz Logo Print
mara_hissom

Off Center Fireplace & TV Design Dilemma

Mara Hissom
vor 5 Jahren
Always struggled with this space. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
start fresh
other

Kommentare (14)

• tatts
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

Those metal things have to go. Fake.

The greenery too.

The TV is too high; it's never a good idea to put it over the fireplace. But if that's what you want, I'd move it over to the left and align the left edge with the left edge of the black fireplace frame. That gives you one larger area to hang something that speaks to you and your life (not store-bought bric-a-brac.

I'd hang it next to the FP with the tops aligned. Better height for viewing. But I don't know whether you have the room to rearrange the furniture appropriately.

• Stacey
    vor 5 Jahren
    If it was my home, I would put fresh ledgestone or a pretty tile over existing and add a chunky wood mantle. Maybe 3 tall candleholders on right side or whatever you love.
  • ilikefriday
    vor 5 Jahren

• decoenthusiaste
    vor 5 Jahren

To extend the life of the TV, put it on the right on an articulated arm so the bottom of the TV is 5" above the mantel. Add framed art 5" above the mantel that is no wider than the firebox opening.

• PRO
    Gavin Historical Bricks
    vor 5 Jahren

We would move the TV so it's over the left side of the fireplace and place artwork over the other side. We wouldn't use the metal art.

• PRO
    Steel Roots Home Decor
    vor 5 Jahren

I would move the TV over the fireplace, only if it has to stay on that wall. It isn't good for the TV, and a TV should be mounted at eye level. If it says, do a collage to the right of the TV.

• hbeing
    vor 5 Jahren

I'd put the tv over the fireplace, in keeping flow with the off-center design. On the right side of the mantel, a quite tall plant, with another shorter plant or two next to it.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 5 Jahren

Paint it. paint all of that brick or whatever it is, one solid color. white, gray, black,,whatever you like.

move the tv down lower. remove the metal things and the fake greenery.

don't worry about the offset. do what they've done here. find a nice wood mantel

can you move the tv to the left? Maybe build a little shelving unit or mount it on the wall?

Or, if you remove all of that fireplace surround and decide to redo it, try something like this

Put some shelves on the other side to help balance if you're leaving it as is. (just paint the brick)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 5 Jahren

piggybacking on Beverly's mock up,,,I removed those metal things and added some art, a thick wood mantel, and greenery.

Do you see the difference already?

Lighter wood mantel

I like this one.

you want it black w/wood to look like this. put the cacti on top, to the right.

• everdebz
    vor 5 Jahren

My vote: ilikefriday's with tv at left, and the 'easy look' of the black items together. I don't mind the metal you have! ok....

also Bev's is quite 'cool' course you know if it'd work with your home. It hides, it balances just fine.

• everdebz
    vor 5 Jahren

Gotta post, and delete cause not your question - I just saw this rug displayed with grey brick, and maybe you'd like a medium-dark grey instead !

nuLOOM Center Diamond Area Rug, Multi, 6'7"x9' · Mehr Info

100% Polypropylene Frisee Weave

• Mara Hissom
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>One year later, we have finally made some noticeable progress. Still open to suggestions
  • Mara Hissom
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

Thanks for suggestions!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.