Houzz Logo Print
niekia

Damage Travertine Tile

niekia
vor 5 Jahren
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Can I put an epoxy flooring over travertine tiles? If not, are there any affordable way to repair or change really damage travertine tiles without taking them up?

Can they be painted ?

Kommentare (6)

• Mrs. S
    vor 5 Jahren

I think you'll get best responses if you show pictures.

• niekia
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Thank you for the feedback. I thought I attached a photo.

• Mrs. S
    vor 5 Jahren

Well, I'm not a pro, but those don't even look that bad to me. Is it just that the stuff they fill it with has come out?

Have you gotten a quote from a tile expert?

I wouldn't put epoxy over beautiful tile floors, even if was possible. In many cases, the travertine is beneficial for future home sales, whereas an epoxy indoor floor would likely not be. Secondly, depending on where you add it, would add some amount of thickness to the floor, that could prevent you from, say, sliding your dishwasher in and out; creating a height-differential in rooms you don't epoxy, and other things.

What is the damage that bothers you?

• SJ McCarthy
    vor 5 Jahren

As Creative Ceramic points out, this is a case of a tired floor needing some love. And for stone, love means grinding the stone, filling and then sealing once again. That's another reason why STONE is highly prized. You can REFINISH it just like hardwood.

Please do NOT try to sink this thing in cement or under epoxy or paint it. You will be lowering the value of the home by doing SERIOUS harm to the high-value floor. Travertine is considered marble and marble is HIGHLY valuable. It is SOOOOOO valuable that people pay good money to buy something that LOOKS like travertine...but is fake. That's how valuable it is.

If you want to get rid of it, then please do your home a favour and pay the money to jack it out and start again. Covering it with 'bad' just means you will pay even MORE money to deal with a mistake that cost you 'good money'.

It is much cheaper to refinish this stone than it is to coat it in epoxy.

• niekia
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you for the feedback. I will take the advice and have it refinished.
Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.