Houzz Logo Print
tuxnado

What kind of chairs for this dining table?

Nicole R
vor 4 Jahren

I purchased this dining table (in the finish shown on the second pic) and I’m just not sure what kind of chairs would look best with it. The house is Mediterranean style, we’re trying to keep some of that global flavor without being overdone or stuffy. Would chairs with turned legs look best, or would they be competing with the table legs? The floors are a similar dark brown wood - should I try to match the finish?
Thank you!

Kommentare (12)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 4 Jahren

Sorry but those legs look like some one found 4 leags and attached them to a table top and IMO not mediterranean at all

• PRO
    The KEEPING ROOM
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

I'd use something like Century's William and Mary Chair, done in a plain and simple linen and with the brass nails. (these also happen to be on a closeout so the price would be excellent on them - dealer prices will be less than buying from Century direct off their website). You want chairs that have presence with a table like that, so back height and bold turnings on the chairs as well. Matching the woods is neither necessary or particularly desirable. The more contrast in the chair legs vs the table legs, the more dramatic the tabie's design features will show.

https://www.centuryfurniture.com/product-detail.aspx?sku=MN5375S&section=

Nicole R hat The KEEPING ROOM gedankt
  • justlol
    vor 4 Jahren

Nicole, I had to give you a "thumbs up" on your snappy comeback to Patricia. You made me laugh!

- I peeked at your idea book and really like the picture with the dark turquoise upholstered chairs. I think something similar would look great with your table.

• Teresa Viruete
    vor 4 Jahren

Hi Nicole, I don't have advise but I'm sure you will find great advise here on Houzz. I just have to say that I love your table! Do you mind sharing where you purchased it?

• Nicole R
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

Teresa -- thank you! I purchased it from Etsy. Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/645909576/hardwood-olivia-modern-turned-leg-dining

justlol -- thank you for the "thumbs up" and the feedback on my idea book :) I love that photo!

TheKeepingRoom -- that was VERY helpful -- thanks so much!

• PRO
    Uhrich Design
    vor 4 Jahren

Love the table and hope you enjoy many beautiful meals at it! Let the legs of the table be the design focus. Since the table and floor are both dark wood, I think you should use a simple light upholstered chair. The legs can be simple, straight and in a lighter wood finish.

Here are some quick options I found here on the Houzz site:

All the best to you in your search!

• calidesign
    vor 4 Jahren

I agree with others to keep the chairs fairly simple in style - dark finish on the legs and upholstered. I would also consider using a rug under the table to break up the dark table and dark floors.

• Nicole R
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

Thanks so much for the input, it is very appreciated :)

• cd7733
    vor 4 Jahren

Great table! I agree with simple legs, but maybe a softer upholstered chair to compliment the curves.

https://www.pier1.com/colette-sandshell-dining-chair-with-espresso-wood/2998324.html#ct-cross-sell2

• bubblyjock
    vor 4 Jahren

What did you decide? I'd say go for chairs that are comfortable with simple legs that don't argue with the table's bulbous legs - I'd let them shine, I think they're hilarious! Much less stuffy than many. I'd also always opt for chairs with arms and cushions/covers I can clean or switch out easily, fwiw.

• User
    vor 3 Jahren

I actually had the exact same table built but stained black. I love it! What kind of chairs did you decide to go with??

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.