Houzz Logo Print
hawami

Using white all white windows but having black sliding patio door.

hawami
vor 4 Jahren

We have an open floorplan. The living room in the main floor and white windows. Basement also has quite a few windows and they are all white.

I just placed an order for windows and our big patio sliding doors. At first I did all white incl sliding doors but then changed the sliding doors to black upon recommendation from interior designer.

I am still nervous about this change. I think my builder will be totally upset if i change the order again and it might be too late to change (ordered beg of this week).

Do you think it will look too awkward?

Kommentare (55)

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    vor 4 Jahren

Match all window and door finishes.

Multiple colors is a sure way to reduce resale value.

• hawami
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

Here is our job site right now. Yellow arrow is where the black sliding door and transom would go. All the windows are white surrounding it. Basement is walk out and the window patterns mirror it except the two windows on the far side with fireplace will not be there.

• millworkman
    vor 4 Jahren

All. The. Same. Color. Too close in vicinity to be different colors. I honestly would question where my designer thought that was a good idea as well. Just my opinion.

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    vor 4 Jahren

Who would buy a house which had different color windows and doors?

• hawami
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

I just spoke to Pella sales rep and showed him our framing so far. He said he just ordered two additional houses today where it was the same exact positions and they used black door/white window combination. Maybe it’s a trend? He said it will be unlikely that we will be able to change the order since we placed it earlier this past week.

• User
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

I don’t care if it’s a trend. Trend just means a bad idea that everyone does. Like word walls or tin roofing in a shower. It’s still a bad idea. There went tens of tens thousands in value from your home. Maybe more if there’s more Mr Potatohead Design. And up went the eye crossing too many clowns aspect. You shouldn’t view windows and doors as a collection to have one of each.

All windows and doors should match match in style and color. Change your order. Even if it costs you money. It will cost you less money than installing something so disharmonious would do to your home value.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    vor 4 Jahren

Pay the RE stock fee it seems. A door is also a "window" . Call the builder. Not the rep. The rep always loathes paperwork , or changes.

• Mrs Pete
    vor 4 Jahren

Personally I would make them all the same color. I would not want my glass doors and windows different colors.

Agree. I can't see how mismatched windows will create a cohesive look.

I don’t care if it’s a trend. Trend just means a bad idea that everyone does. Like word walls or tin roofing in a shower.

Agree again ... and I don't see black windows having staying power. One brick traditional house in my neighborhood painted its windows black, and I think it looks like a Halloween house.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 4 Jahren

All one color if she wants drama then all black windows is the way to go. If you are not liking it now you really won’t like the 2 colors in real life.

• sarahedens
    vor 3 Jahren

do you have any updated pics of how it turned out? I am debating on black door and white windows!

• Kristy
    vor 3 Jahren

same here!

• PRO
    McElroy Architecture, AIA
    vor 3 Jahren

yeah really where are the follow-up photos!?

• hawami
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

Hiya! Sorry. My houzz on the phone doesn't work well so I haven't been logging on. So I thought we ordered the black sliding door with white windows. However, Perla thought it was so odd that they actually took down my order as being black on the outside and white in the inside for the sliding doors.

I panicked when I found out the order was mixed up. But contractor said once we put it in and that I don't like it, he can paint the inside black as well.

Well it turned out that we kept in white. I think black would have been cool in some layouts. But for our open floor living room, which is only about 17 x 13 of living space with two windows and a huge sliding door, black would have limited our interior design options quite a bit.

It's a personal choice. But I am glad it is white as it makes it easier to pick out furniture and still play around freely.

But again I think it depends on the layout.

Here are some photos.

• Valerie Tolton
    vor 3 Jahren

I love the black out side and IMO the black inside would have looked great too, but this is all great too, thanks for sharing the completed pic, I also love the transom, totally adds character. :)

• hawami
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

Here's another pic with two windows showing!

• Valerie Tolton
    vor 3 Jahren

We have a new build house where all the windows in the open area, kitchen living and entrance are black inside and the rest of the house is white inside, ALL black exterior, love them! House is not completed.

• maureen214
    vor 3 Jahren

Love the white.

• jenwinston73
    vor 3 Jahren

McElroy Architecture - did you end up mixing the colors. We are thinking of doing the same on interior and exterior. Also looking for examples.

• Ann Bliss
    vor 3 Jahren

I'd make the all one color, honestly

• PRO
    vor 3 Jahren

we just received an all-black inside & outside aluminum sliding door yesterday (so it will forever be that color). the rest of the house has existing white wood windows that we can easily (lol) paint all-black to match. so, that's what the plan is. the wing of the house that the black door is going will be painted black; the rest of the house exterior will be white.

• jenwinston73
    vor 3 Jahren

So when installed, you will have the black slider on part of the house that is painted black and the rest of the house is painted white with white windows? Do you have any windows on the black part of the house? If so, are those white? We have some windows surround our patio door and we’re thinking of doing them all black....rest of the house is white. Or we could have those windows white too and the patio door black. It’s so hard to envision! This is a photo of the new room.

• PRO
    vor 3 Jahren

correct; the black slider will be on a black-painted wing of the house. the rest of the house is painted white and will have black-painted windows on it; so all windows / slider are black but house has 2 colors on wall areas.

I think white windows on black walls pop a lot more (and to me look like they could be vinyl!) and I prefer black windows on a white wall if I'm going to mix anything.

If I have 2 things next to each other on the same wall I would usually not mix colors; like a black door next to a white window.

• Mia Smyth
    vor 2 Jahren

• Mia Smyth
    vor 2 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 2 Jahren

This is my guest house rental. I love the interest of the two colors. It brings out character. I feel the white doors would have been boring. My tenants and I just LOVE IT! How funny I never even second guessed it.

• J Sk
    vor 2 Jahren

@hawami, love your floors, could you pls share what it is?

• Mia Smyth
    vor 2 Jahren

• Laura Tannus
    vor 2 Jahren

i have searched and searched but i cannot find a black exterior/interior sliding door for my patio everying i find is black exterior white interior ..any suggestions

• millworkman
    vor 2 Jahren

Laura Tannus, where are you looking?

• Mia Smyth
    vor 2 Jahren

The only ones I know of that make Black interior windows are Milgard

Ultra series and Anderson. I have not found any others.

• Mia Smyth
    vor 2 Jahren

Milgard and Anderson has black interior and exterior.

• jenwinston73
    vor 2 Jahren

Windor has black on black sliders I believe. We are getting the bi fold doors but we looked at sliders too. It’s the JetBlack.

https://www.windorsystems.com/window-and-door-systems/door-systems/sliding-glass-door-series-3750/

• Shelley
    vor 2 Jahren

Jeldwen also has black interior and black exterior patio doors.

• millworkman
    vor 2 Jahren

"Jeldwen also has black interior and black exterior patio doors."

Dubious at best quality however.

• Mary Rafferty
    vor 2 Jahren

Marvin has a great black interior exterior where narrow frame.

• Shelley
    vor 2 Jahren

I just discovered Reynaers alumninum windows and doors which have customized colors for inside and out and look to be very high quality in the homes I viewed them in. A very modern look. We will be using them for our big patio doors and windows with black interiors and exteriors. https://www.reynaers.com/en/consumers/home

• trachen
    vor 2 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 2 Jahren

Does anyone have an example of black door with white windows to share? We have a black Marvin Integrity/Elevate double slider but thinking of doing windows in white in open plan living/dining/kitchen. We have white washed light oak trim around the door and windows, throughout house.

• susancarson1
    vor 2 Jahren

Would you please share photos of your slider? We're deciding between Marvin's Elevate in white and the Essential in black (Essential seems to have a lower profile because the sheetrock wraps right up to the window without the need for the trim) We're creating a window wall with three 9 foot sliders and havig a hard time visualizing. Thanks!

• Mia Smyth
    letztes Jahr

Just saw a 13 MillionDollor home (New Construction) 2022. All White windows and Black sliders. Looks absolutely beautiful. I copied and ordered the same. All white is boring.

• Ashley Billot
    letztes Jahr

Does anyone have pictures of their white windows with black slider?

• Carol Hambridge
    letztes Jahr

Here is a pic

• Carol Hambridge
    letztes Jahr

This is a garage/ barn.

• Ashley Billot
    letztes Jahr

That looks good. Would you guys do black sliders on a patio that will have white French doors x3 sets? The 3 sets of French doors wouod be facing the backyard, and the slider facing the inside of the patio on the left wall. Or should i just also paint the French doors black?

• Teresa Mckinley
    letztes Jahr

Getting ready to update my lake house with light gray/green siding, all new white windows, and a black sliding door. Lots of black touches in kitchen close to the door and deck is a dark, slate gray. I think the added black with some bright color pop touches in the way of pots and flowers will be stunning!

• Ashley Billot
    letztes Jahr

That will look great! I ended up not doing black because i have white French doors on the same patio

• hollyhamburg
    Vor 10 Monaten

Anyone have pics of a house with white windows and black slider door? Can you mix?

• Ashley Billot
    Vor 10 Monaten

I wish i would have. I found a pic recently online and regretted not doing it. It looked great

• raleigh01
    Vor 8 Monaten
    Zuletzt geändert: Vor 8 Monaten

I think it would look great with black doors and white windows. I’ve seen front doors that are black with white windows, its the same concept in my opinion all doors

• Alexandra Gitter
    Vor 6 Monaten
    Zuletzt geändert: Vor 6 Monaten

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Painting my interior sliding door back in the dining room with light oak floring with white windows in the kitchen. Kitchen is white with grey colors in the dining room. I thought this was a nice picture from decoist.com

40 Stunning Sliding Glass Door Designs For The Dynamic Modern Home

• Alexandra Gitter
    Vor 6 Monaten

Heres more pictures of some mixing of colors however look so beautiful. White windows with black front door. 28 Exterior Color Combinations for Inviting Curb AppealCourtesy of bhg.com

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.