Houzz Logo Print
webuser_920917319

First time buying a sofa-Should I splurge? What length? HELP?!

Whittney Davis
vor 4 Jahren

This is the first place I've had to buy furniture for and the last thing I have left to buy. I have a 11.5x12.5 living room. The sofa would go against the longer wall. I know most people would recommend a sofa and two chairs but I really want a sofa with a chaise. I'm 5'6" and would like to lay fully on the chaise. Most of the sectionals I've seen are short so I could only sit not lay on it. I came across an online store called Interior Define and you can customize them, both sofa length and chaise length. But they seem kind of expensive. If I got a sofa that is 108" wide (which is what I think I need for the 12.5' wal) and a long 73" chaise and upgraded down feather cushions they offer it would be $2,500 after taxes and delivery.

What do you think? Is $2,500 too much? How wide of a couch should I get?

I thouht about buyjng a sofa frkm Ikea like the Vimle but the chaise seems really short. Sofa is 99" wide with a 49" chaise.

I've attached a picture of the sofa. I'd probably get a light grey color.

My end tables are the normal 20" wide.

Kommentare (7)

• calidesign
    vor 4 Jahren

I would personally never buy a sofa without the ability to sit on it first. It's very hard to tell if something will be comfortable based on the fillings, seat depth, and so many other issues. Plus, it is easier to check quality and framing in person. The price of $2500 seems fairly standard for a basic good quality sofa/sectional. In general, I think it's best to spend more for good quality soft furnishings, like sofas and chairs, and save on items like end tables, lamps, etc.

• partim
    vor 4 Jahren

I bought a sofa without sitting on it and regretted it.

• Whittney Davis
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

I was able to sit on the sofa before the stores closed in the previous months which is how I know I want the upgraded cushions.

I would really prefer a reverisible chaise so I could swich from left to right if I wanted to but they don't offer that. This style comes in a sofa so I could get a seperate ottoman like suggested but the sofa only goes to 103" which I think would be too short for the space. It would cost $2,635. These prices are after the current 15% off sale.

How long of a sofa should I be looking for?

• Indecisiveness
    vor 4 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 4 Jahren

I don’t think 103” is too short for a 150” wall. That leaves 23.5” on either end. Are you limited at all by halls, doors, corners, etc getting the sofa in to your room?

• Whittney Davis
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

I don't think so. The front door swings open almost to the dividing/back wall then you have to turn and you're in the living room. My ceilings are 8 ft and it seems like there will be enough space to turn the sofa verticle as you walk in the door and until you're in the living room. If I get a sofa with an ottoman or an attached chaise I'll be fine because the chaises all seem to dettach.

What do you think is the minimum length I should consider?

• PRO
    Paul Shaw, Ethan Allen
    vor 4 Jahren

Ethan Allen launched a new line called Lucy. Similar lines, lower price point, enduring quality - and you can still customize. Most stores have multiple frames to try out. - Paul

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.