Houzz Logo Print
debbied1102

When to use egg wash if par baking rolls?

debbie
vor 3 Jahren

I want to par bake my rolls today and reheat them tomorrow. When is the best time to use the egg wash?

Kommentare (5)

• party_music50
    vor 3 Jahren

I'd do the wash the same time as the normal recipe. i.e., if you brush with egg before going into the oven, do it then. If you brush 5 min. before removing from the oven, do it then.

• lindac92
    vor 3 Jahren

Egg wash before reheating....If you do it before parbaking, they will brown....and when reheated be VERY brown.

• debbie
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

I think they might get too brown so I've decided to do it before reheating. Thanks for your input.

• PRO
    tischlager
    Vor 5 Monaten

I had the exact same question. How did your rolls turn out when doing the wash before reheating?

• Olychick
    Vor 5 Monaten

I always wash before baking. I freeze them then reheat in foil, while frozen, to serve. The freezing makes them reheat as if fresh, the foil keeps them from over browning.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.