Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_69276270

Residential Construction Lawyer

User
vor 2 Jahren

My contractor who damaged my floors during his work and built a crooked and not to measurements frame door where the door does not fit is treating me to send me to small claims as he thinks the work is done. I need guidance.

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    spire architecture inc
    vor 2 Jahren

first look online for the contractors license board in your state. hoepefully your contractor is licensed in your state. also, hopefully you have a written contract. next send a email and a letter to the contractor with 6 things: 1) what they were hired to do 2) what is not done to your satisfaction 3) what needs to be done to repair / fix/ complete the project 4) timeframe you would like the work done 5) what you are willing to pay once the work is done. 6) at the end, make the contractor aware that if they do not respond to the letter and make arrangements to schedule the project, that you will be hiring another contractor to do the work and that they will be backcharged for any additional fees and costs above there contracted amount.

• PRO
    User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

Thanks for this information.

• just_janni
    vor 2 Jahren

And the state contracting board likely has a dispute / investigations unit.....

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    vor 2 Jahren

"If he isn’t licensed or insured, and you don’t have a written contract? You’ve‘ve received an expensive education."

If you're in Florida and this was an exterior door that required a licensed contractor and a permit, he has learned an expensive lesson if he has neither. He has no lien rights, and his contract with you, verbal or written is unenforceable by him but not by you. He cannot collect in any court, nor can he lien your home.

• millworkman
    letztes Jahr

"You definitely need a lawyer in this case"

@GrantGrace, why is that?

• jmm1837
    letztes Jahr

Why would anyone take the advice of someone who makes really bad decisions?

• James Smith
    Vor 10 Monaten
    Zuletzt geändert: Vor 10 Monaten

Dealing with issues like yours can be frustrating, but don't worry, you're not alone. While I'm not a legal expert, it might be a good idea to seek advice from residential construction lawyers who specialize insolvency lawyers. They can provide insights on how to address the situation and protect your rights. Additionally, insolvency litigation experts could offer valuable assistance if the contractor's actions have financial implications. Hang in there, and I hope everything works out in your favor!

• millworkman
    Vor 10 Monaten

James Smith , let me guess you know of just such an attorney?

• just_janni
    Vor 10 Monaten

and i am sure that "director disqualification, insolvency, and restructuring." knowledge isn't a good fit here (or was considering this is 2 years old)

SPAMMER

• PRO
    spire architecture inc
    Vor 10 Monaten
    Zuletzt geändert: Vor 10 Monaten

we need to start a new thread on general contractual issues that architects, contractors and clients need to address 1) before engaging in a project, 2) when things go south during a project and 3) the architect / client / contractors responsibility after a project is complete. OR just go on chat GPT and start asking questions...... it may be good info or it may not...... good luck and stay inspired

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.