Houzz Logo Print
christine_conradis

Design help! What countertops/quartz!? White and Gold Kitchen

Christine Conradis
letztes Jahr
zuletzt bearbeitet:letztes Jahr

Hi everyone! First time poster here! eek!

I’m redoing my kitchen. White cabinets from home depot (they are arriving next week, so ill post the stock photos below). They are kraftmaid dove white. Flooring is wood tile. Painting so disregard tan walls. Havent picked backsplash out. picking after countertops but open to suggestions with countertop recs! Appliances are white and gold (GE cafe brand and lacanche range).

Really struggling with countertops. My original inspo/idea in my head was a classic white and gray marbley quartz countertop, but then I found the Cambria Hermitage and loved it. Then i thought it may be too busy and picked calacatta miraggio gold msi quartz in the showroom. There is also a calacatta gold quartz in stock that would be $2,200 less than the miraggio. Open to opinions and ANY AND ALL suggestions on countertops for my white and gold dream kitchen. Another thing to note, my countertops must go with black cabinets and gold hardware as well bc I will be using same for contrasting black and gold wet bar.

calacatta gold quartz on left, miraggio gold center, cambria hermitage top and labeled.

Actual stock calcatta gold slab

Space and flooring going in

Same flooring in living room in better light and almost done.

Stock photos of kraftmaid dove white cabinets.

Kommentare (8)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

To answer this is impossible since colors on moniyors are never a real idea of the color but IMO fake plastic counters never are a good choice so why not look at some real stone there are great white granites and so much better whites are tricky no matter real or fake so IMO wai until the cabinets are in before choosing the counter plase make sure all the lighting in the space is LED 400K too. You have a floor that looks very gray to me and no mattter what you choose for counters that choice will need to work wit those floors , also remember no quartz behind the range either .Do I see a stainless hood hanging there . You might even want to check out marble with gold veining this is a white granite that is quite beautiful

Christine Conradis hat Patricia Colwell Consulting gedankt
  • K R
    letztes Jahr

The Cambria calacatta gold is gorgeous but I’m not sure I like it with those particular floors. I think you’re better off sticking with a much quieter counter.

• Christine Conradis
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    letztes Jahr

@K R thanks that was my thought too!

• Christine Conradis
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    letztes Jahr

@Patricia Colwell Consulting thank you for the response! it looked like quartz was the easiest to maintain. im not opposed to other countertops though. Nothing will be stainless in the kitchen. theres a hood left that will be removed. everything will be white and gold. I just told my husband the same idea about the cabinets too! Im definitely going to wait!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

these are MSI Laza countertops, but not the gold. do they have these in stock?

Do you have a sample door of your cabinets? you should really get one when looking at white slabs to see how they look next to each other.

Forget the backsplash until everything else is in.

what if you did a solid quartz countertop and a marble tile splash?

I did this w/mine. used calacatta gold on the tiles, have calacatta on my island, but went w/Silestone Eternal on the perimeter. (they also have the Charcoal version you might like better.

here's a close up of mine.

I was using black tiles elsewhere (coffee bar w/black/white cement tiles, and a black zellige tile floor inlay by the pantry), plus I have the Cafe in the black and a dark island, and thought it was too much black

this is what it looks like in the charcoal

here's a picture showing a black cafe fridge w/the dark countertop

black and gold w/a quartz marble

Cambria Bentley

Porcelain slabs

Christine Conradis hat Beth H. : gedankt
  • PRO
    Focal Point Hardware
    letztes Jahr

i love the calacatta gold. it has more white than grains and it brightens up the room. the floor has enough of a grain running through it. i think it will be too busy to do anything else. less is better with this.

• Bella Bella
    Vor 5 Monaten

Hi Christina I know it has been a while since y did your kitchen just wondering if y would share picture I am doing white and gold with dove white cabinets and trying to search for some inspo thanks

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.