Houzz Logo Print
renee_mck

Empty Dead space in Den PLEASE help

Renee McK
letztes Jahr

Hi everyone ,

We’ve been settled in our home for a little over a year and I have no direction on what to add to my den. It still feels incomplete to me with a lot of dead space by the back sliding doors.

Once you walk into my home there is a small entry area that opens up to this room. The back sliders lead out to the backyard but only the middle sliding door opens. We have a separate living room for watching tv and a separate dining room area.
Any ideas??

Any ideas on what I could add to the back area without making it cumbersome.

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    letztes Jahr

Can we see the rest od the house to give us so clue as to the style? To me this was probablt meant to be the LRso wahy not make it a nice sitting space for adult converstaion and drinks before dinner or after without the noise of a TV. Do some work outside to make that area inviting too with some seating and maybe a deck type area no toys strewn around in the space .I love your floors but not the rug the sofa looks cool but I really need to see the rest of the house.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

My first thought was a good-sized coffee table in front of the couch. And the rug is either too small or pushed back under the couch too far. And it appears to be a tan/beige color which might not be playing well with the blue couch and chilly gray walls.

I see a small plant in the right hand corner. I’d get a BIG plant - 5’ tall - and set it near the far end of the couch, where the mirror is. I see there’s a side door in that corner so you can’t set it too near the door.

• Renee McK
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    letztes Jahr

Here is a photo of our living room and how the den space looked before. We redid the flooring and the door in the den leads to a 4th bedroom which we use as an office

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    letztes Jahr

It’s a bit confusing. The pictures with the tv are NOT the room in question?

• Renee McK
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    letztes Jahr

The rug is light grey and dark grey it may be the lighting which make it appear tan. I planned on putting a coffe table in front of the couch as well

The room with the tv is our living room I wanted to show Patricia photos of our other rooms as she suggested to help

• Renee McK
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    letztes Jahr

Just circling back to see if anyone has any other suggestions or ideas

• deegw
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

Do you have another spot for the rug? It's too small and doesn't have enough visual weight to anchor the sofa, in my opinion.

If you fully decorate the space around the sofa with a larger rug, coffee table, pillows, side chairs, lamps, end tables, etc. the space in the other part of the room will look light and airy, not bare.

Also, If you add some pots and furniture on the patio, that will help the end of the room look more inviting.

• thinkdesignlive
    letztes Jahr

Posting more pics of whole space along with a dimensioned plan will gain the most accurate advise

• PRO
    Pamela Harvey Interiors
    Vor 11 Monaten

What about a larger rug and adding some plants? It might work really well to help define the space and make it feel happy.

Pop of Peach · Mehr Info

Brightwaters Blvd. · Mehr Info

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.