Houzz Logo Print
steixeir

Fireplace makeover ideas

steixeir
letztes Jahr

My parents would like to makeover their fireplace. They would like to remove the rock and add a fireplace insert. They will also be replacing their carpet and furniture. Would like some ideas to share. Thank you.

Kommentare (5)

• jck910
    letztes Jahr

A picture of the entire room would help. What style furniture are they considering? Look for pictures of rooms they like.

• PRO
    Kristina Lawrence Interior Design
    letztes Jahr

It would be nice to see the entire wall, but this is what I would do: get rid of the stone and the hearth. Drop the new firebox to the floor and to some built ins to either side....maybe get the TV over the fireplace (easier if the box is dropped to the floor). Something along these lines:

Theirs would be a little different of course since you don't have windows there and it's not certain how far back the firebox could be pushed, but you get the idea. Nice and bright...same color as the other trim in the going on perhaps.

steixeir hat Kristina Lawrence Interior Design gedankt
  • kandrewspa
    letztes Jahr

Are they going to get new carpet, or have wood floors?

• acm
    letztes Jahr

A hearth may be required (depends on local code and type of insert), but a full wall of stone is not, so they should be able to do something simpler with the space -- however, if they do, they will probably need new flooring in the room, so that's something to take into account.

I wouldn't aim for the TV over the fireplace, but a smaller surround will probably mean that the TV can move closer, making it easier to arrange furniture to enjoy both. And have art hanging over the firebox too!

Honestly, once the stone comes down, the world is your oyster, so you just need to look at some photos and get a sense of what appeals and fits with the character of the house and your parents' stylistic preferences.

Fireplace Xtrordinair Design Gallery · Mehr Info

Family Friendly Design · Mehr Info

Design Ideas Featuring Heatilator Fireplaces · Mehr Info

Fireplace Contemporary Realisation in Montreal · Mehr Info

New York Fireplace Contemporary Realisation · Mehr Info

Beautiful Modern / Contemporary Stone Fireplace · Mehr Info

Design Ideas Featuring Heat & Glo Fireplaces · Mehr Info

steixeir hat acm gedankt
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    letztes Jahr

I love my stone FP in my MCM home it is huge 10'x8'x4' the back of the FP forms the wall behind my stove ans some stainless cabinets that can be moved so I can clean the stone .I love wood burning FPs but they could easily do an isetrt into that FP.IMO painted stone is just plain ugly . Our FP is so large it actually is part of the hpuse construction with a huge caoncrete base in the basement . Your parents might want to check out what is possible .

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.