Houzz Logo Print
meeabode

entryway decor?

Cee Bee
Vor 3 Monaten

Hello Houzzers. Can you help with decorating this entryway? I have no mockup skills and out of town so the only thing that is there and I hope stays is an antique mora clock. Annnnd that carpet if going - the prior owners. Should I just keep the walkway clear?? My bad habit is to add things - small chair, small table - then comes a table lamp, then comes a vase of flowers, then a candle, then a mirror, then a tray for mail, then it’s too much. Any ideas to make a “wow” entry - but sophisticated and uncluttered but friendly?

Wallpaper is going too - just not sure about color - it’s pretty dark.

Kommentare (14)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    Vor 3 Monaten

• Cee Bee
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

Thanks @Beverly. If I could’ve mocked jt up I would’ve placed the Mora clock where you have the plant. But while a major reno is a while away that rug makes me not shudder at that carpet.

Going to try and see if I have one pic of the clock and ideas I had for the left wall. I don’t have the measurements exactly but that wall is about 45inches and the most depth I could get without feeling I have to squeeze through the arched opening is about 13-14 inches!

• Cee Bee
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

Ideas to go on the left wall?

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    Vor 3 Monaten

Some option

Staircase Vingette with Antique Grandfather Clock and Blue Artwork · Mehr Info

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    Vor 3 Monaten

Mora Clock. Looks like the back of that clock has to be against the wall. You've got two walls where it can be placed.

• PRO
  • Cee Bee
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

@Celery. That’s pretty! I can see if I have room for that near the clock. The weird thing is the banister curves so limits the space I have there. And you’re right @Beverly, the Mora clock is right were you out it. Maybe leave that other wall clear? Large mirror and call it a day?

• Kendrah
    Vor 3 Monaten

This entryway is absolute perfection. It is rare that the proportions of anything I see on Houzz make me want to weep with joy, but this is the winning ticket. Whatever architect built this house knew what they were doing: The curve of the stairs and reverse curve of the ceiling line, the swoop of the banister and the arch of the wall cut out.

Find the perfect carpeting for the stairs. Find one great thing for the niche and then stop. Anything else you will do won't make the space look as nice as it does now. Let the perfection of this balance and proportion be the decoration.

Nice clock. Find another place for it in your home.

• Cee Bee
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

@Kendrah! Really? You like this entry?! I’ve sighed so many times for being so disappointed that it’s so so small! I can put the clock elsewhere - it was first “big girl” purchase after salivating over it since I was young so I like looking at it as soon as I enter.

May I ask why it doesn’t work there?

Attaching a photo of the prior owners entry.

• kandrewspa
    Vor 3 Monaten

I agree with Kendrah, the proportions of this space are beautiful. The console shown looks a little too deep. I have seen some that are only 12". Don't crowd the space. Also, I don't think you need to decide this before you move in. Since you already have some things you might want to use there, try them out once you move. You can always post another picture to update your post. Getting rid of the carpeting on the stairs is rightfully your first priority.

Sudbury Foxhollow · Mehr Info

• Cee Bee
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

@kandrewspa - you are right - that console was a bit too deep. And the consensus here is less is more - which means I have to curb my maximalist(ic??) nature. Hubs and my style is more eclectic (I’ll add more traditional - hence the clock) and he’d put in an one-of-a-kind hand-made simple rustic table or art deco black lacquered console or nothing at all. 😃

• Cee Bee
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    Vor 3 Monaten

If any of you are still around and interested…. is this even possible? Attaching photos of dining room (burgundy marker is wall shared with entry where a table could go) and two photos I saw on Houzz. Could opening that wall - whether with a window, arched glass, anything - work?

I attached the dining room pics to show the amount of light (southwestern sun) I hope I would get into the entry.

Im appreciating the architecture more - just wished it had a more light.

• kazzh
    Vor 3 Monaten

No - don’t look to remove walls, or change them. As has been well written earlier your entry has beautiful proportions and is made for simple elegance. Look to your wall colour to brighten the space. Am envisioning classic whites and dark runner on stairs. The white you chose could elevate the space and brighten it considerably. BUT you could go with a dark pallets and create an equally stunning entry. Either way, simple furnishing - no tables full of bit and pieces.

• PRO
    Annette Jaffe Interiors
    vor 20 Tagen

It looks like you should be able to do a small console table and maybe some artwork or a mirror. It doesn't look like too much else would be able to fit. Here are some ideas from a few entyway designs we have done.

Classic Upper East Side · Mehr Info

Contemporary Soundview Home · Mehr Info

Hampton Boathouses · Mehr Info

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.