Houzz Logo Print
mkmmax60

Upholstered Headboard Help!

Michelle Moss
vor 11 Tagen

We are looking for an upholstered king size headboard/footboard. I notice they come in 48” and 60” tall. Our ceilings are 9’.
Trying to decide which size would be a better look! Thank you!

Kommentare (10)

• jackowskib
    vor 11 Tagen

Can you post a photo of the space? You don't mention width of wall or if there are any windows, etc. to consider. Or if you have special artwork planned for above headboard?

• ilikefriday
    vor 11 Tagen

It is almost impossible to to give a recommendation without seeing photos of the space. Do you have any that you can post?

• Boxerpal
    vor 11 Tagen

I think you might want to go shorter. But of course seeing the space would be more helpfu.

These are 9 foot ceilings with upholstered beds.

Traditional Master Bedroom · Mehr Info

2012 Baltimore Symphony Decorators Show House · Mehr Info

Westmont · Mehr Info

• Michelle Moss
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Tagen

Here is the space. It is 14’x 17’. I’m looking at a bed pictured below. Hope that helps. The other choice would be 48” tall. These are the total measurements from the bottom of bed to the top of the headboard.

• marmiegard_z7b
    vor 10 Tagen

I think it also depends on how high is the mattress, which affects how high are the tops of bedside tables , and whether you like the resulting proportions. And what wall it will go on.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    vor 10 Tagen
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 10 Tagen

Depends how much of headboard you want to "show".

I can only say I routinely use a 56" height for custom headboard, floor to top of headboard - as that mattress depth is quite common in a lot of homes, as are 9' ceilings. My own is 56" with an eight foot ceiling.

You will have a full four feet above the bed, with 60 inch height. No issue.

A 48 inch height will make the look of that RH bed, more modern than the one used in your picture.

A masking tape test on your wall is an easy "decider" . right? Just use a tape measure: )

• Maureen
    vor 10 Tagen

In the end though, it’s a preference. Take into consideration the height/volume of the nightstands/lamps. With the dimensions of your room be careful the height doesn’t take over, unless you want it to be a feature.

• Boxerpal
    vor 10 Tagen

Maybe you could take some tape and tape the size of the head board against the wall.

For me, if my ceilings were low I would not want something big and high that would add more heaviness to the space.

I love our upholstered headboard and I am sure you will love yours too.

• jo mu
    vor 10 Tagen

I'd go with 60 I think tallers is better than too short

With all the pillows and thick mattresses these days it'll eat away at that height

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 10 Tagen

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.