Houzz Logo Print
avk47

HELP! Where to buy inexpensive oversized art?

Stacy K
vor 10 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 10 Jahren
I know, the title itself is an oxymoron.

I am looking for a statement art piece 60''x40''... or around those dimensions. However, I am having trouble finding stores and websites that sell large, interesting, good quality pieces for a reasonable amount. I am hoping to buy a large piece for $500 or less. I suppose I could stretch the budget some if I fell in love with something, but the challenge is in finding within the budget.

So far, I have looked on www.art.com, www.overstock.com, www.zgallerie.com (like their stuff) and www.lumas.com (LOVE them, but more than I would like to spend at the moment). Perhaps you know of any sites like zgallerie, or furniture sites that also sell art. I will take all and any suggestions of places to find art - specific suggestions to art pieces are greatly appreciated!

I prefer color to black and white, acrylic glass to canvas, and abstract to specific subjects. Though, all of this is negotiable depending on the piece itself.

Kommentare (59)

• Sydney Littlewood
    vor 10 Jahren
    IKEA
  • PRO
    Jana Dahl Design
    vor 10 Jahren
    Try this on line art supplier www.saatchionline.com big variety and full range of pricing from artists worldwide. Also may want to check on Crate and Barrel they have some fun pieces too. Good luck!
  • Stacy K
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Justine - thank you for your suggestion. I didn't find any art that I was interested in, but I DID find a bar/sideboard that I fell in love with.

Nest oak park - how would I find them, or get in touch? I live in NYC, so the selection of talanted starving artists should be sufficient.

Doodlebee- i tried a different venue for that idea and most of the time the photographer's resolution is not high enough to produce a quality large scale image.

To everyone else - I do check out my local homegoods, ikea, etc from time to time, but would like something more unique / specific to my taste.
  • studio10001
    vor 10 Jahren
    Art.com
  • leelee
    vor 10 Jahren
    Look on etsy. The site lets you pick oversize as a category. Here are a few found on that site. The first is 48 x 60.
  • PRO
    Nest Oak Park
    vor 10 Jahren
    You have Pratt and Parsons in your backyard. Call there to get ideas. Put an ad in the local paper...go to art shows! Affordable art is at your fingertips!
  • leelee
    vor 10 Jahren
    Here's one I just found for $400. 63 x 24 or 30 (the only dimension was 63") Just type in large format art in the search area on etsy.
  • Stacy K
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Love the scarf idea! Lee lee thank you for your suggestion - I will check it out!
  • libunium
    vor 10 Jahren
    I've found original and interesting art at thrift stores and very reasonably priced.
  • angelapeluso
    vor 10 Jahren
    I received a catalog today called art.com so that might be an option. Also One Kings Lane often has art for sale in all sizes and price ranges.
  • ahelton142
    vor 10 Jahren
    Have you thought about having one of your own pics put on canvas that you love?
  • PRO
    D. S. Brennan Photography
    vor 10 Jahren
    Hi Stacy - I have some pieces on Etsy that size - check out https://www.etsy.com/shop/dsbrennan?section_id=5595817 - purchasing a print online and having it locally framed may be your cheapest option, as the shipping would increase dramatically for a framed piece.
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    vor 10 Jahren
    Hi D.S. Brennan -- check out Fine Art America for inexpensive oversized art. I've purchased from them and their prints are good, as long as you select a higher grade paper. Your work is lovely, by the way.
  • yvonnecmartin
    vor 10 Jahren
    You could also find some wild fabric that you like and mount it to an artist's canvas or hang it from a rod, top and bottom. I don't know your style, but Marimekko comes to mind. http://usstore.marimekko.com/fabric/ It is expensive for fabric, but wonderfully designed.
  • amonia
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thrift stores? Found a beautiful picture for $1. We get lots of comments!
  • PRO
    D. S. Brennan Photography
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thanks, Thos.!
  • PRO
    Kynd
    vor 9 Jahren
    hi stacey, here are some of my works, or check my website. http://www.houzz.com/photos/users/denisekynd
  • PRO
    The 8th House
    vor 9 Jahren
    If you're ever interested in Custom Size Art, Affordable Prices, Various Types of Canvas and Fine Art Quality, check out my profile.

http://julianscorpio.houzz.com

I work for Round Pocket, a new art distribution firm in New York City.

Happy Art Hunting!
  • Rachael Crowther
    vor 9 Jahren
    Hi Stacey, have you found any art yet? I've just seen this thread. I am an artist from the UK working in acrylic on canvas. I could make you an original piece of the dimensions you require, made to order, for $750. Nobody would have the same piece as you.
    Please contact me via my site www.rachaelcrowther.co.uk if you have any questions :)
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    vor 9 Jahren
    Try fineartamerica.com.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • nigel_connolly
    vor 9 Jahren
    Not sure if you have found the art or size you are after, but try www.curioos.com
  • jl0707
    vor 9 Jahren

I have seen some beautiful hand painted originals at WWW.starvingartistemporium.com

• clairenini
    vor 9 Jahren

I recently came across a website called Art From Concentrate that has a lot of large size art prints from talented contemporary artists. I hope this helps!

• whirlwyn
    vor 9 Jahren
    Abode, you've got the best answer. Local art school, high school, college, art centers have regular "shows" for sale. You can browse in person, choose in your color and support the arts! Have fun with your local artist community and in your budget, they will love you!
  • PRO
    Vibrant Abstract painting studio
    vor 9 Jahren

Title- Inner dream,size-60"x36" medium- acrylic color on canvas rolled, price -2500 USD

original paintings · Mehr Info

• Kat Cheng
    vor 9 Jahren
    Not encouraging unauthorized repros, but There's a known market for hand-painted copies of current and vintage artwork by artists in China. Evidently the copies are good enough that the sites actually get sued by living artists from time to time. Here's an article about it
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/chinese-art-reproduction-_n_1733455.html
  • PRO
    National Wildlife Artwork
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Online art auction sites are always a great option too, check out ours that is happening right now! http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog_gallery/71617

• cmcole01
    vor 8 Jahren
    Try etsy! I had great luck there on a huge custom canvas.
  • Kurt Shaw
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Shaw Galleries, on Liberty Avenue in Downtown Pittsburgh. Most artworks are priced well within your budget.

• Corbin Dodge
    vor 8 Jahren

check out society6.com

• Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
    vor 8 Jahren

Some libraries have loaner pieces as well.

• Carmen Guedez
    vor 7 Jahren

Have you checked www.carmenguedez.com yet? She has oversized original paintings (72 inches) and you can make offers:

• judyporter39
    vor 7 Jahren

This is what I am looklarge paintings with charter old world look

• janzej
    vor 7 Jahren

Huge positive abstract paintings ;)

http://www.jozemarinc.com/

• PRO
  • PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    vor 7 Jahren

I haven't read all the comments...

We specialize in large artwork: www.ShoaGallery.com and we carry many sizes and colors.

You can get 20% off all canvas and wood reproductions in celebration for
    our 5th anniversary. Use coupon code 5YR20PRTS Ends 12/4/16.

Hope this helps!

• PRO
    Giant Art
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

You can now choose from Giant Art.

We specialize in oversize reproductions on canvas.

We developed and patented a D.I.Y Giant canvas stretcher to help people around the globe acquire Giant canvas print easily and without shipping overload.

You can finally own prints larger than all current standard offers combined.. We carry a catalog to inspire everybody.

Hope that inspires you !

• User
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Hi, I am an artist and I have few large abstract paintings , few samples shown below. Please let me know if you would be interested. My email is mail4latha@yahoo.com. I am just trying to set up my Houzz website shortly

• Sauro Bos
    vor 6 Jahren

Hi, I am an artist and I have few large abstract paintings , few samples shown below. Please let me know if you would be interested.

large wall art

large wall art-artist sauro bos

• PRO
    Sky Whitman Fine Art
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi there! I'm an artist and have loads of made to order paintings that can be created in a 40x60 size on a budget if you are interested, here are some examples below, you can choose from unstretched, gallery wrapped canvas on pro artist bars or add a floater frame! I am always just an email away if you are interested. Wishing you the best of luck! ~Bethany

• PRO
    iDesign Interiors, LLC
    vor 5 Jahren

I'm not sure if it has been suggested yet or not, but try Wayfair.com. Just be sure to pay attention to dimensions, because they typically have several sizes of the art you are looking at and usually show the largest in the photo. Good luck!

• PRO
    Giant Art
    vor 5 Jahren

Hello,

Big Artworks on a small budget is hard to come by. Because of Giant Art, it is easier than ever to acquire and decorate your walls with oversize high-end prints

Our goal is to make beautiful giant art accessible to everybody by offering the best choice, the best price, and the best shipping method. In order to offer the most competitive price, we patented an easy D.I.Y giant canvas stretching system that allows you to own prints larger than all current standard offers combined, with no shipping complications and no budget overload!

We are so passionate about quality that we take care of the printing, packaging, and shipping ourselves. We also serve as curators and publishers, helping artists all over
    the world get proper exposure and royalties.

We strive on providing our customers huge high-end reproductions at a low price and we take special pride in giving back to artists one of the highest royalty-per-artwork in the market.

Shop Giant Art on Houzz

Explore Giant Art on Houzz. We have 647 Giant Art products for sale on Houzz including Fine Art Prints, Prints & Posters, and Wall Decals. Here you can browse our top Giant Art products, categories, and collections.

• PRO
    Kasia's Contemporary Art
    vor 3 Jahren

I am a contemporary artist and I specialize in creating a large size acrylic paintings on canvas. I have a lot of artwork available online My website : www.kasiagart.com

• MAude Bouchard
    vor 3 Jahren

You can find oversize art on giantart.com

• PRO
    Giant Art
    vor 3 Jahren

You don't need to go too far to find oversized artworks. Right here on Houzz you will find big, bold, huge canvas prints and fabulous images. you can find it here on Giant Art

• Victoria Blak
    vor 3 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 3 Jahren

I have several huge colorful geometric soft pastels for you... VictoriaBLAK.com victoriablak@me.com

• Houzz-Nutzer 224431143
    letztes Jahr

Ciao ti presento i miei dipinti originali 100x70 realizzati in acrilico su carta speciale 400/gr.

Sono esemplari unici!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.