Mantle and fireplace need some help

cyndie
vor 9 Jahren
This mantle fireplace is in our master bedroom

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    vor 9 Jahren
    I would suggest you glad over the existing tile with something a bit more updated that goes with the style of your future bedroom furniture. The trim around the front of the hearth should be replaced with tile or wood that matches the mantle, not the base board. The style of the mantle should also compliment your bedroom furnishings. Consider what you want to place above the mantle in your decision making process.
  • User
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    I would put faux stone as similar as in this photo;) rest arrow on pic to enlarge
    Plan #011S-0003 · Mehr Info
  • cyndie
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    The top where the natural wood color is. I might have to paint white my bedroom furniture is an espresso thoughts on that?
  • cyndie
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    I don't know what to place up there def not a TV that's for sure!
  • PRO
    Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
    vor 9 Jahren
    Cyndie, espresso furniture is a great colour and will go with any wall colour. I would not recommend white - may be too stark looking against the espresso. Go with a warm colour - cream, beige.....lots of choices depending on personal taste.

Use bedding to pick a colour from.

For fireplace, I don't think you need to go to a lot of expense on this unless you want to. Think the mantel needs to have some heft added to it. Have you considered building book case on left side into corner - maybe on both sides?
  • PRO
    Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
    vor 9 Jahren
    so glad you do not want to place tv over mantel. This is the spot for a lovely piece of art which reflects a soothing locale or look you & your husband can relate to.....
  • cyndie
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    This is the bedding def not the bed it's on the guest bed right now which I just tossed on it for right now to get a picture it goes with any color I have so many throw pillows one set is teal, baby pink, coral etc
  • cyndie
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    And the wall color is actually a very very light mint can can see it better in the bathroom
  • cyndie
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Which I want to change just not right now since we just moved in
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.