Houzz Logo Print
doogie72

Bungalow transformation!

doogie72
vor 7 Jahren

My husband and I have just finished a complete renovation of our 1970's bungalow. The plans were drawn up by http://www.houzz.co.uk/pro/robindesignsbristol/robin-designs-ltd. All work completed by local contractors and all completed in 19 weeks start to finish. Feel free to ask any questions or comments - would be interested to hear others views.

Our House · Mehr Info

Before
Our House · Mehr Info

After

Our House · Mehr Info

After

Kommentare (29)

• PRO
    Show Home Photography
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi, it looks like your bungalow has been completely transformed... do you have any more photographs...I'd love to photograph it for you if you would like some professional photographs.. they'll be memories for you to look back on, and will add to your architects portfolio. I live in Torquay but I'm happy to travel

• doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Thanks for the offer but at this stage we don't need any professional photos. I've taken lots and lots of pictures during the build so I have a good record of our project. here's a couple of extra photos of the interior.
  • Ocean Clarke
    vor 7 Jahren

This is AMAZING! I did not expect this when I saw the first image. How much square foot have you added with the extension?

doogie72 hat Ocean Clarke gedankt
  • User
    vor 7 Jahren

Great transformation. I really like how your floor has been laid.

Your kitchen look very similar to the ones we've just ordered - melamine fronts and edged with ply. Blue and white doors.What worktop have you had?

doogie72 hat User gedankt
  • doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Thanks Ocean at a guess I think we've added approx 90 square metres with the extension. along with the work we have significantly changed the layout internally son have made much better use of the space we had.

re the kitchen the work top is laminated plywood. A slightly thicker ply that the one used for the doors etc.
  • Trish
    vor 7 Jahren
    Could you please tell what flooring you have in the room with Tv ?
  • E D
    vor 7 Jahren
    Well done!
    Cool looking kitchen.
    doogie72 hat E D gedankt
  • PRO
    User
    vor 7 Jahren

Absolutely love the yellow front door! Would love to know where you brought that from. Shame we missed this opportunity for a beautiful door and rennovation! An inspirational transformation you have made here! Well done!

doogie72 hat User gedankt
  • doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Trish - the flooring is a wood effect vinyl by Tlc Flooring laid on a 45 degree angle. Thanks for the comment on the door RK Door systems. I was somewhat ridiculed when I choose the yellow but I love it now its in. The door is a composite door from DoorCo fitted by a local independent fitter who was brilliant.

• doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

http://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/69992692/thumbs/our-house

Above is a link to our ideabook on house with some more photos of our project. Hope just adding the link works?

• PRO
    Mr & Mrs de Sousa
    vor 7 Jahren

I love your very funky kitchen. I think laying the flooring diagonally works incredibly well. Congratulations on completing your project!

• G Arnold
    vor 7 Jahren
    Great transformation. Where did you get the kitchen? Also, are you based near Bristol? If so, which building contractor did you use?
    doogie72 hat G Arnold gedankt
  • doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Hello Gary thanks for your comment. We are north of Bristol in South Glos. The kitchen was made and designed by http://www.paneltech.uk.com Our contractor was http://cjeastwoodconstruction.co.uk/

• G Arnold
    vor 7 Jahren
    Thanks for replying Doogie, I will check both out. We are hoping to start another bit of work on our house and I really like what you have done!
  • G Arnold
    vor 7 Jahren
    PS the white unit to the immediate left of the dish washer... Is that on castors?
  • doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

No problem Gary. Yes the unit is on casters we can move it around to provide an island in the middle of the kitchen - or wherever needed.

• doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    if you mention the extension with a yellow door when you contact them they'll know exactly which one you mean! :)
  • James Hollister
    vor 7 Jahren

Love it... very inspiring!

• PRO
    Robin Designs Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren
    After completing the design work for this project, guiding it successfully through both planning and building regulations, I am so happy to now see the project completed successfully. When this bungalow was purchased by my clients it was a poorly constructed building with a badly designed layout. I was pleased to help redesign the space and design a modern extension to the front. it is now completely transformed into a modern family home.
    doogie72 hat Robin Designs Ltd gedankt
  • Stefan Hawley
    vor 7 Jahren
    The bungalow transformation ilooks absolutely fantastic! Very well thought out and designed and equaled by the workmanship of the contractor to achieve the finish product!
  • Joanne Beer
    vor 7 Jahren

one of the most amazing transformations I have had the pleasure of seeing. I saw this bungalow when you 1st moved in... it was "quaint" but now... just wow. .. it fits every aspect of your family life . truly perfect!

• PRO
    LA Electrical
    vor 7 Jahren

Great transformation, very pleased to be involved and contribute.

• olivia38
    vor 7 Jahren

Wow! This is astonishing. You have created a beautiful home. I love the materials used in your extension - the exterior wood looks wonderful - and that the scale of the extension works so well with the original building. Brilliant!

• Jac Cav
    vor 7 Jahren

This is amazing and in such quick time too.

• Cathy Bostock
    vor 7 Jahren

Fantastic transformation!

• Katy Seager
    vor 7 Jahren
    I really like your kitchen. We're paneltech reasonably priced?
  • doogie72
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Hi Katy. Paneltech did our kitchen, a bespoke desk and also a cupboard for the utility space. Considering everything was bespoke we thought they were great value for money.
  • Annette Fricker
    vor 7 Jahren

A well transformed bungalow Achieved in a good timescale with a high standard of workmanship

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.