Houzz Logo Print
dorothyj111

Please advise me of this empty space/walls. All comments appreciated.

Ellen Bergherm
vor 9 Jahren
I need "something" on each side of the empty walls. When you walk into the room you see the empty walls behind each chair. I am getting decorative pillows made for the chairs but what can I do with these walls? Thak you so much. I can take more pictures if needed. What about multiple small mirror arrangements? Oh, brother. I'm stuck.

Kommentare (7)

• decoenthusiaste
    vor 9 Jahren
    Move the pictures to the side walls with their centers at 5' above the floor.
  • Ellen Bergherm
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Then....what do I do over the TV? Should I move the floor lamp, too?
  • Ellen Bergherm
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    I can't do the 5'. My ceilings are 8 ' The pictures are 42" long
  • PRO
    Designs by Cori Ann, LLC
    vor 9 Jahren
    Just move the plates off the wall and put the big picture on the other wall at eye level. You can then maybe put groupings of 3 or 4 plates next to the floor lamp and the rest on another wall. You don't need anything above the TV because it looks too crowded and you need space between the TV and ceiling.
    Ellen Bergherm hat Designs by Cori Ann, LLC gedankt
  • Rina
    vor 9 Jahren
    I've been playing with your room, which I think needs a bit more colour (see cushions and lampshade). I agree you don't need anything above the TV, and that the plates can be moved -- I've put some of them up next to the lamp. I also moved that chair a bit forward, moved the lamp slightly out of the corner (breathing space), and centred that very special cabinet, as it didn't look quite centred to me in this pic. Moved the pictures to precisely equal distances away from it.
    Ellen Bergherm hat Rina gedankt
  • PRO
    Ashley Malowaniuk
    vor 9 Jahren
    I would move the plates to the sides if anything.
    I don't find the walls too bare at all, but I don't have to look at it everyday like you do!

I would recommend moving the paintings in equal distance between the wall and the tv. It looks a little squished.

Also, I think the floor lamp is hurting you. If you need lighting in that area, put in a small side table and a table lamp.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.