Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

Competition time: Describe Halloween in a picture!

Emmeline Westin
vor 9 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 9 Jahren
Houzzers, it’s competition time!

To celebrate this rather spooky time of year, we’re looking to you for some Halloween inspiration. We’re asking you to describe Halloween in a picture - whether it’s your classic haunted house, pumpkin pie, a grinning Jack-'o-lantern, or a room that instills fear in you, we want to see your best photo.

The winner will be drawn at random, all you need to do is is leave us a comment below with an image (Houzz or your own) that you think describes Halloween. The lucky winner will receive their very own Houzz water bottle and Houzz coasters!

The competition will run from October 24th until 7pm on October 31st. See Terms and Conditions for further details:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6hhcwlv113g5yf/Halloween%20contest%20%28approved%20Ts%20and%20Cs%29%20word.docx?dl=0

Good luck!

Kommentare (48)

• Clare Leahy
    vor 9 Jahren
    Happy Halloween !!! a spooky party sums up Halloween for me, especially as we live in a cemetery :D
  • kikukaren
    vor 9 Jahren
    Halloween is all about family dress-up time to go trick or treating
  • Lynn Doe
    vor 9 Jahren
    This Haunted Demon Doll Display Screeeaaammmsss Halloween :)
  • Charlotte
    vor 9 Jahren
    I snapped this in Malton today. Not only is it a great pumpkin, but I do like seeing the unexpected at Halloween!
  • Tony Clark
    vor 9 Jahren
    This is my Autumn / Halloween coffee table centre piece, just love the colours at this time of year.
  • User
    vor 9 Jahren
    This year's pumpkins in the Jenson home...
  • Lisa Williams
    vor 9 Jahren
    Halloween to me is family fun time. From planting the seeds, to tending the pumpkins and finally carving and haloween time costumes. Fun all the way
  • PRO
    Riverside Shepherd Huts Ltd
    vor 9 Jahren
    Our home grown pumpkins decorating the drive
  • sparklyrainbows
    vor 9 Jahren
    Halloween for the children is a Magical, fun time, full of tricks,treats and lots dressing up!! :)
  • Emmeline Westin
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    I'm loving this thread, so much imagination and creativity! Keep 'em coming people!
  • Tani H-S
    vor 9 Jahren
    Eek, it's about letting go of all things nice and embracing your dark side
  • Nate218
    vor 9 Jahren
    This is what I'll be like...
  • louiseliveshere
    vor 9 Jahren
    For me it is all about the colours. I leave the spooky stuff to my children as a way of extracting as many sweets as possible from innocent strangers once a year! These pumpkins are grown in a field near to where I live in Hampshire.
  • felixnanna
    vor 9 Jahren
    Sorry to sound like a real old party-pooper, but when you go out trick or treating please make sure that you don't go to the homes of elderly people living on their own - possibly with dementia - who find it terrifying. I worry about my dear old mum (97) every October 31st because she doesn't understand what is going on and becomes really frightened.
  • louiseliveshere
    vor 9 Jahren
    Glad you liked the photos!!
  • lornarose
    vor 9 Jahren
    Halloween for me is all about dressing up the house for the kids party!
  • suzidorey
    vor 9 Jahren
    Autumn leaves round a fairytale door full of mystery.
  • Edel McCaffrey
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    Here is my entry for our annual pumpkin carving challenge. The Celtic weave design is from Martha Stewart.
  • Edel McCaffrey
    vor 9 Jahren
    Attached are our neighbours entries for our annual pumpkin carving challenge
  • PRO
    Johnny Egg
    vor 9 Jahren
    Waiting for the Boogyman to call. . . . . . .MUHHUHUHUHAHAH
  • Janine Atkin
    vor 9 Jahren
    Trick or Treat!
  • Marianne Mellor
    vor 9 Jahren
    Halloween to me is ghosts and witches and pumpkins and fun! Here's a bit of silliness I made for a Facebook group I belong to ..
  • PRO
    Iron Rose Home
    vor 9 Jahren
    it's about making spooky promos, I loved running alternative clothes store, as this was the time when I enjoyed myself the most. Researching the photos for the promos, writing Halloween outfit guides etc. I should have been born on Halloween :)
  • beachrambler
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    http://st.houzz.com/fimgs/4ec2e291044a44be_3409-w376-h376-b1-p0--home-design.jpg

Love pumpkins at Halloween because they are so colourful. When I was small lanterns were made out of turnips.
  • PRO
    Seasons in Colour
    vor 9 Jahren
    My hallway had been invaded by spiders and creepy crawlies of all shapes and sizes. I have to admit... I like the splash of colour!
  • Margaret Norton
    vor 9 Jahren
    Entirely untraditional, but this is Halloween for me. We chose the spookiest day of the year to do something utterly terrifying ;-)
  • nicoljamieson
    vor 9 Jahren
    Handcarved pumpkins by my Husband Carl Jamieson for 2014 - the witch was drawn by my 6 year old Daughter Lauren Jamieson
  • jheath118
    vor 9 Jahren
    Took me hours! Happy hallowe'en !
  • siane777
    vor 9 Jahren
    Pumpkins are soooo Hallweeny!
  • jesscat25
    vor 9 Jahren
    As well as our usual carved pumpkin I decided to transform one pumpkin in to a glamorous but scary owl! Glamourween!
  • izosullivan
    vor 9 Jahren
    I love Doey
  • aleksdomanski
    vor 9 Jahren
    Magic Halloween
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Fine House Photography
    vor 9 Jahren
    Fantastic! For all those cat lovers out there..
  • Christine Barwell
    vor 9 Jahren
    Dress up is such fun
  • Christine Barwell
    vor 9 Jahren
    Making you own pumpkin art
  • PRO
    Anjali Hood
    vor 9 Jahren
    One for the birds?
  • Emmeline Westin
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Amazing Halloween inspiration so far! The Houzz UK office could do with some spooky pumpkins!
  • PRO
    Fine House Photography
    vor 9 Jahren
    Smashing pumpkins!
  • PRO
    Fine House Photography
    vor 9 Jahren
    Some time ago, we were visiting friends in Wichita, Kansas. Whether you like Halloween or not, this is THE place to be this time of the year (our next post will show why!). These photos are from our friends Art Exhibition in local gallery. We hope to convey the spirit of Dias De Los Muertos and inspire fellow Houzzers to have fun this weekend remembering the dead and that we're here for a good time not a long time! Enjoy everyone
  • PRO
    Fine House Photography
    vor 9 Jahren
    If you ever get a chance, check for yourself what residents of Wichita, Kansas get up to on Day of the Dead.. definitely worth a trip!
    Emmeline Westin hat Fine House Photography gedankt
  • PRO
    Fine House Photography
    vor 9 Jahren
    Dare to walk these streets..
    Emmeline Westin hat Fine House Photography gedankt
  • Monika Suchonska
    vor 9 Jahren
    Halloween 2014
    Emmeline Westin hat Monika Suchonska gedankt
  • Emmeline Westin
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Those cats are terrifying! :)

Happy Halloween everyone! In case you haven't carved your pumpkin yet, we have a great Ideabook up on Houzz today: The Haunted House pumpkin! https://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/33473438/list/craft-how-to-carve-a-haunted-house-pumpkin
  • bombel1972
    vor 9 Jahren
    er, who needs fake cobwebs when you can have the real thing? lucky us. haha
  • Leanne Humberstone
    vor 9 Jahren
    Our pumpkins :)
  • Tom Flanagan
    vor 9 Jahren
    Hi everyone - thanks so much for all your entries, the competition is now over! There have been some great photos and we really enjoyed looking through all your submissions. The winner will be announced shortly and contacted via e-mail, so keep an eye out because it may be you! Thanks again and look out for our next contest!
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.