Houzz Logo Print
montygh

Are these units code in Canada

montygh
vor 11 Jahren
My Island is about 12' long with a dish washer at one end and also a sink next to it and then about 6' min to where I want to install the plug in at the other end of the island.
Pop- up Electrical Outlet · Mehr Info

Kommentare (14)

• PRO
    Harrell Design + Build
    vor 11 Jahren
    We don't know if they are to code in Canada - you would need to approach your building department and ask them - good luck!
  • caroline444
    vor 11 Jahren
    You can get one by EVOline. They are coded for Canada.
  • Leila Covrigaru
    vor 11 Jahren
    Is this UL approved? thanks!
  • caroline444
    vor 11 Jahren
    I'm remodeling my kitchen and my electrician just came and he said it was o.k.
  • PRO
    Y Rosemary Fivian Architect Inc
    vor 10 Jahren
    Most electrical codes require all outlets that serve countertops to be GFCI and these are not. So it would not pass an electrical inspection, at least not where I am. Tried to use these on a project and they will not work-wish they would come out with a GFCI model.
  • PRO
    Doug Mockett & Company, Inc.
    vor 10 Jahren
    The unit is UL listed for the USA and Canada. Call us at 310-318-2491 or visit http://www.mockett.com/pcs34 for more information.
  • PRO
    Beautiful Space Co
    vor 10 Jahren
    Fwiw, we recently completed a project in Chandler AZ where I'd spec'd this product. We hardwired it into a surface-mounted metal box with a GFI, (inside a cabinet) so the building inspector was fine with it.
    -Steve
  • Kinjal Komal
    vor 10 Jahren
    Can some one just give me information about this product. How and Why is it different from other products what is the uniqueness about this product?
  • PRO
    Doug Schneller
    vor 10 Jahren
    I have tried to use this but it does not meet electric codes because it is on a 15amp outlet. needed to be 20amp
  • PRO
    vor 10 Jahren
    @Doug Schneller
    The 15 Amp units are UL listed and meet all the codes for a Relocatable Power Tap. We don't stock a 20 Amp unit, but you can custom order it from us. We have done several of them in the past for customers that needed to plug in stronger electrical devices. Just let us know. We'll be happy to help you with your project.
  • lb6606
    vor 10 Jahren
    I am installing granite countertops. Will this work with a standard thickness of granite countertop?
  • PRO
    vor 10 Jahren
    @lb6606, this unit can be used on countertops from 1/8" to 2" max. There is a locking collar that is hand tightened from underneath to secure unit in place (simply tighten up to the underside of your surface so thickness is not an issue). You can see the spec drawing and more details at: http://www.mockett.com/pcs34.html. Hope this helps. Thanks!
  • PRO
    Lew Electric Fittings company
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi Please check out Lew Electric pop up outlets made for kitchens. They are UL approved for US and Canada...https://www.facebook.com/lewelectric/My name is Michael Cozzi, I am one of the owners. You can call me at 630-667-8481

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.