Houzz Logo Print
svendolina

Help! Colour Scheme for Industrial Style Kitchen

svendolina
vor 9 Jahren
We are about to start work on our kitchen extension and I'm really keen on industrial styling. The main elements currently decided are a long exposed London stock brick wall which the main run of kitchen units will be fitted to, and large format concrete effect porcelain tiles on the floor. The colour dilemma I have is to try and make the most of these muted greys and beige / browns with some brighter colours on the painted kitchen units and and reclaimed scaffold board open shelving. Any pics / colour ideas would be gratefully received! I've posted an image of a sketchup model I did to give an idea of layout. The units have been coloured a blue/grey, but they feel a bit cold and stark to me. Thanks all!

Kommentare (9)

• PRO
    Stealth design
    vor 8 Jahren

I love complex colour schemes - try something like this with olive, sage and petrol as the dominant colours to offset the greys of the concrete. It will work with the yellows/grey/beige tones of the London stock brick and help to bridge the gap between the yellow and grey.

Have fun with it - I always add colour to my projects and everyone always ummms and ahhs but loves the finished result because it feels like their house not a show home ! But the trick is to find a colour that really does it for you and weave that in. Then you'll never tire of it.

All the best and good luck ! Zoe

Family home in Herne Hill · Mehr Info

Bright Home Extension, Herne Hill · Mehr Info

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Hello,

I would suggest you to visit our blog to find out lots of information about Industrial Style, colour schemes, decorating ideas, etc. There are images as well for your inspiration.

http://blog.stjamesdesign.com/what-is-industrial-style-interior-design-2/

Izabella

StJames Design Interiors

• PRO
    Dom Designs
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Hi there, I would juxtapose the exposed brick with sleek and polished surfaces. You could for example leave the exposed brick just above the first shelf but install coloured glass splashback just underneath the first shelf. That would be practical for cleaning and you could introduce a splash of colour there. The colours that I find look good with brick is mustard yellow and teal, but you could experiment with others such as dark blue and orange. I have put together a moodboard for you and you could put together something similar with other colours if you want or we could provide a colour consultation for you if you wish to take into account the aspect of the room and the overall levels of natural and artificial lighting.

• PRO
    My-Studio Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Hello

You are at the planning stages of your design, how exciting. Industrial is such a great look, when we design this type of scheme for our clients we like to mix industrial elements with period style. So crittal windows with Victorian style floor tiles. Or industrial light fittings mixed with squishy unpholstery pieces such as sofas and armchairs. This will help soften the overall aesthetic, which as you suggest can be hard if not balanced with softer elements.

Take a look at some of our interiors projects for inspiration. Mixing period detailing and styles from different eras such as mid century, Scandinavean and 70's with classic industrial elements such as exposed bricks, metal detailing will give you a more interesting and original take on this style.

Good luck with you project, Clare

• PRO
    La Vista Designed Interiors
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi, please see images above of a basement conversion we recently completed with polished concrete floors, exposed brick and similar colour scheme to what you are thinking of using.

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

La Vista Designed Interiors, well done, what a beautiful finish!

• svendolina
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Thanks so much for your comments and tips. All very helpful! Here's a couple of pics to show the finished result, and tiles from Marrakech design that we'll be putting on the splashback. Still need to make a big waney edged plank and steel table to finish it off.
  • jonandmitch
    vor 8 Jahren

The kitchen is really fantastic. Love the U shape.Where did you get the kitchen units and top from? Is the London stock brick wall newly built? Have you used reclaimed bricks or brick slips?.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.