Houzz Logo Print
barbara_bloomfield

Help with kitchen tiles, please

Barbara Bloomfield
vor 8 Jahren

Hello, can you help me with some ideas about tiling for my kitchen? Units are light grey, work top is coffee coloured. Behind the cooker is citrus. many thanks

Kommentare (18)

• PRO
    Reed Harris Tiles
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi Barbara, where do you actually want to tile - wall or floor? There are lots of possibilities, depending on where and what sorry of look you want to achieve. I love your clock by the way. Karen

Barbara Bloomfield hat Reed Harris Tiles gedankt
  • Barbara Bloomfield
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Sorry, I should have said: walls, splashback, murals, modernist style, etc. All suggestions gratefully received.

• Tom Flanagan
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Hi Barbara,

If you're thinking about tiles for splashbacks, we've got some great Stories on splashbacks that might help inspire you! Metro tiles are becoming a bit ubiquitous but I still think they look great - here's something for your green!

[https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/10-smart-finishes-for-a-stylish-splashback-stsetivw-vs~32826817[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/10-smart-finishes-for-a-stylish-splashback-stsetivw-vs~32826817)

[https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/decorating-10-different-ways-to-use-classic-metro-tiles-stsetivw-vs~25104664[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/decorating-10-different-ways-to-use-classic-metro-tiles-stsetivw-vs~25104664)

Roost Interior Design · Mehr Info

Barbara Bloomfield hat Tom Flanagan gedankt
  • PRO
    Reed Harris Tiles
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi Barbara, I think plain white Metro tiles would look stunning and fit in with the style of the kitchen completely.Have a look at Metro or for something different you could look at Manhattan or even Boston Hope that helps? Karen

Barbara Bloomfield hat Reed Harris Tiles gedankt
  • mrsmcee74
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

I think a pale blue or a green would look good. Either in a metro tile or I love these hexagon mosaic tiles: http://www.wallsandfloors.co.uk/catrangetiles/mosaic-tiles/toto-hexagonal-mosaic-tiles/sky-blue-hexagonal-4410/5273/?gclid=cj0keqjw_rytbrdvhzeqrbzn_q0beiqajnbshke3nyh7mic3sewget-hczee7pgpe65e2nw2-bbwtvuaaiv-8p8haq

These will pull out the colours from your clock.

Barbara Bloomfield hat mrsmcee74 gedankt
  • PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Dear Barbara,

I love your kitchen, so colourful and the wooden floor looks just amazing!

I collected some pictures for you that may be helpful.

If I was you I would probably go for white metro tiles or mosaic tiles, in two different colours to match them with the surroundings.

I could imagine having there mosaic tiles in yellow like your splasback, maybe mixed with white one or with grey to match the cabinet colour. I think, it really depends what your style is.

Your kitchen features Contemporary/Scandinavian style so with that metro tiles would go perfectly but mosaic tiles as well.

Good luck with your Project!

StJames Design Interiors

Barbara Bloomfield hat Akiva Projects Ltd gedankt
  • PRO
    Ian Dunn Woodwork & Design
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi Barbara,

we hold a few samples of brilliant tiles from a french company. very durable and could feature very nicely in your kitchen. Good Luck!

http://www.tiles-lava-provence.com/1.cfm?p=299-carrelages-boutal-enamelled-tiles-and-lava-kitchen-and-bathrooms-handcrafted-salernes-en-provenceli

Barbara Bloomfield hat Ian Dunn Woodwork & Design gedankt
  • PRO
    Ceramic Planet
    vor 8 Jahren

wood effect porcelain tiles are so big right now for flooring. Also metro tiles for the kitchen splash back but now you can pick loads of different colours. Grey is a popular choice at the moment. However if you want to be bang on trend modern pattern tiles are in vogue as 6 inch wall tiles of floor tiles. check out our web store for ideas.

Barbara Bloomfield hat Ceramic Planet gedankt
  • k11agl
    vor 8 Jahren
    Homebase does some great porcelain tiles - Luna. The beige (also available in black but won't recommend) one will work well with your units I think. You can use the 300x600 size for the wall and the 400x400 for floor. They are not expensive at all, we paid only around £12/m when we did our bathroom in the old flat, hope the photos below show. Be aware they are very difficult to drill though. The word porcelain says it all! :). For the splash black though, it's been my dream to have a coloured glass one, any colour will go well with your neutrally coloured units. So if you managed to save a bit on floor tiles, I'd use the savings on glass. All the best!
    Barbara Bloomfield hat k11agl gedankt
  • milliemakeover
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi Barbara,

I know you want a modernist look but your present colours and the wooden floor suggest to me something along the lines of apricot, cream or a dull, muted blue, maybe in a metro tile which come in loads of colours. I would also find an abstract print which is a contrast to the colour chosen and a geometric patterned blind that pick out the colours. Check out eBay for these as there's plenty of fabrics where the sellers also make up curtains or blinds in all types of fabrics.

Barbara Bloomfield hat milliemakeover gedankt
  • Saleha Shah
    vor 8 Jahren
    i understand that you only wish to give it a fresh look and not really WANT tiles ! if that is true, wall stickers is what i would have used, easily put, and changed and cheap. yours is a bust kitchen so a simple modren pattern, like your clock, perhaps? if i were you though, i would hv bought landscape , garden/ nature green scenes in slim wooden frames and put them in pairs on the extreme sides of the wall, kept the clock . put a duck or hen in window sill and on the shelves of the two open cabinets.
    Barbara Bloomfield hat Saleha Shah gedankt
  • Barbara Bloomfield
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Thank you all so much for your ideas. I would really like something along the lines of this picture from Parc Guell. Does anyone have any ideas of how to commission or create this?

• milliemakeover
    vor 8 Jahren

Google mosaic artists-there's loads of them. Check out their web sites and see which artist uses colour and mosaic like Gaudi. Fab idea.

Barbara Bloomfield hat milliemakeover gedankt
  • PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    vor 8 Jahren
    Hi Barbara, If you like colours, how about bright green paint for the walls. Would look stunning. Do have to mention that the kitchen would look much better with doors on the units, as it does seem a little muddled, and it is very difficult to actually see the kitchen without ones eyes wandering off to what is inside the cupboards.
    Barbara Bloomfield hat Ensign Accessories gedankt
  • dianas1505
    vor 8 Jahren

I made a mosaic for the garden having been to Parc Guell! I smashed some plain tiles, and glued them with pvc glue upside down on brown paper in my designed pattern (a star shape). Then I put the paper and tiles paper side up on to the layer of adhesive, washed the paper and glue off when adhesive was dry, and grouted. Sounds hard, but was quite easy. If you use patterned tiles, you could get more of the Parc Guell look. This is the finished circle, and the design I made beforehand.

• PRO
    The Douglas Watson Studio Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi Barabra, you have lots of ideas already but have a look at our wonderful range of contemporary hand-painted tiles - they increase the quality and look 100% due to their high quality. Please ask if you need more information! Genevieve

• PRO
    Maitland & Poate Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

Hi Barbara, you are probably inundated with ideas now but I just wanted to suggest either some of our new, hand poured Spanish tiles if you're keen for a contemporary look. Or if you're feeling daring, our antique encaustic tiles would look beautiful in your kitchen. Have a look at our website if you get a second to see what's on offer.....www.maitlandandpoate.com

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.