Houzz Logo Print
webuser_9434

Master Bedroom wall covering and art?

Kalee D Hofer
vor 11 Jahren
Just wondering how I should hang art work in my bedroom? I removed the two pictures and want to replace them with a matching set - would you do three horizontal pieces above the headboard or two vertical above the nightstands?

Kommentare (46)

• PRO
    sarah
    vor 11 Jahren
    horizontal is the smart way to go plz i made a post and i need someone to help just try shayna1023
  • PRO
    Simply Inspired Design
    vor 11 Jahren
    2 verical above each night stand and either keep the stensil there or perhaps add a mirror above your bed. Something larger to anchor the space.
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Keitha, what are your thoughts on the wall paint? This is a Gluckenstein bedding set that suggested these two colors - I think some properly arranged wall art will really make this room what I want :) thanks for the good advice!
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    What color of art above the nightstand? Canvas, framed? I was thinking of getting some black and white photos framed of some scenery from our trip to France! Think I want to switch out the vinyl art above the bed for a large mirror?
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    From what I can see in the picture it seems as if your existing wall color blends very well with the bedding. This is such a neutral pallet so you might want to simply do a little shopping and maybe you will find something in a complimentary color that you love. What do you think of getting the 24"sq. pillows in the light color of the stripe pillow that you currently have and swap out the dark brown pillow with a color that has a little more POP... Maybe a rusty orange/red.? Take the pillow shams with you when you shop... It might make your decision easier if you can see these all together
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Some ideas
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Like the black and white photo idea.... Maybe 2 hung vertically over each night stand and framed so that you have lots of matting???
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    vor 11 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 11 Jahren
    I noticed that you used green accents displayed on each night stand. You might want to repeat it for the for balance - bedding with small green accents, wall art, a pillow, a throw.
    You could add some trims / mouldings on the walls just above the nightstands . I'll add a photo even if is not exactly what I have in mind. And some wall art above the headboard.
    Or you could just hang bigger wall art above the headboard.
    Also the right table lamps would bring in a lot of character. I would look for some slightly taller but definitely with a wider base to balance the headboard. The lamp shade in a warm cream color would also help. Also , if you choose some lamps with a different base than wood, will help brake the monotony

Bedroom · Mehr Info

Framed Apple Green Fabric with Geometric Pattern Set of 4 · Mehr Info

Personalized Mapcut by Studio Karen M. O'Leary · Mehr Info

"More or Less I" by Leslie Saris · Mehr Info
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    These 4 I would want to get printed in black and white! Two above each nightstand?
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    4th pic
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    vor 11 Jahren
    It seems I cannot find a picture to match exactly what I have in mind with simple decorative trim just above the nightstands - somewhat like the last picture I add in this post.
    I added some pictures for some details - first one for the lamps, the next one to get an idea how mirrors would look above the nightstands, and the 3rd one for the good balance and light.

Portfolio · Mehr Info

Aldine Avenue · Mehr Info

Red Bud Canyon · Mehr Info

Shoshana Gosselin · Mehr Info
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Kaylee, your pictures of France are beautiful and what great suggestions for accessorizing your bedroom. Can't wait to see the finished product.
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Thoughts on these pillows?I think the red is to overpowering! I think a burnt orange would have more appeal? Also what would you do for window treatments? What would you do to the wall opposite the bed?
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 11 Jahren
    I agree that red is too strong and the style of the pillow should be more simple. Try repeating the throw pillow color in a throw or comforter at the end of the bed
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Keitha, what are your thoughts of these two prints above the king headboard?
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    I am going to change out the lamps for a wider style and lighter coloured shade!
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Do you think some plain grey accent pillows and comforter at the end of the bed would look appropriate?
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Gray would be OK if you want to go for a monochromatic look but I think you might want little pops of color for interest. Here are some ideas
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    For window treatments, something like the window treatment in the first photo would be nice (hung on a decorative rod at the ceiling). The artwork picture that you sent earlier is nice but I would keep looking. If you use your photography from France over the bed or night stands then I would suggest going with a mirror, large wall clock, or old architectural piece on the wall between the 2 windows.
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Went to winners today and picked up two Ralph Lauren Pillows and two Tahari Home table lamps :) I hope this is a step in the right direction?
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Lamps
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Pillows
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Thoughts on this color for grommet panels?!?!
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Keitha, I bought 3 14x18 inch matted frames to put my France photos in above the headboard - I just set them on top for you too look at before I hang them. Does this look right? Too small, too big, vertical, horizontal?!?!? Love the advice you are giving me :)
  • PRO
    User
    vor 11 Jahren
    Love the lamps, maybe do white sheer panels on the windows to play up the white matted pictures which will be perfect over the bed, the big pillow on the bed that are resting on the headboard look a little too small (height is fine, it is the width that is too small) can you get another one or switch them with the ones in the next row/? I think the first row of pillows should be bigger than the rest
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    The big purple ones against the headboard are euro shams - maybe I should purchase another and make it 3 against the back?
  • PRO
    User
    vor 11 Jahren
    that would be perfect!
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Was thinking of putting four smaller framed photos in a square layout between the windows once the window panels are up - thought or too many photos?
  • PRO
    User
    vor 11 Jahren
    Never too many photos! You can do a set of 4 or 3 larger ones that go horizontal stacked over each other or do a combination of small mirrors and prints in various sizes
  • PRO
    Betsy Finamore
    vor 11 Jahren
    You could do 1 large horizontal piece over the headboard. Maybe something metal and 2 large vertical pieces over the nightstands. That would tie everything together and make the bed wall a real focal point. Makie sure the night stand pieces are large enough to come at least halfway into the space that the shades on the lamps occupy so that you have visual unity.
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    I think one quick fix is to tilt the decorative pillows a little more upright. In the photo they look like they are leaning too far back and that tends to flatten the look. Throw a rusty red throw at the end of the bed or maybe on a chair and that would be great. I agree with the suggestion of a neutral drapery but not a sheer. I like your grommet style but a neutral fabric. Try bed bath and beyond or JCPenney. They both have some nice neutral grommet drapes. I would suggest a nice weight fabric (similar to the attached photo). It looks richer and hangs better. The last thing I suggest is to get some iron on tape and attach a black border around the drapes. It would make them pop and tie in with the black picture frames! You are doing great...
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Like the picture that Beyondframes submitted earlier with 3 photos over a similar bed!
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Ok! Propped up the pillows (like you mentioned) and hung my frames ( just need to add my own prints)
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Do I need to add anything above the lamps on the wall or is that overdoing it?
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Front angle :)
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    That looks really good!!! No I don't think you need anything above the lamps. It will make a big difference when you get the drapes hung.
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Perfect! Your advice has put my mind at ease ;)
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Can you tell me what I should be hanging on the wall at the top of the stairwell?
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    I would like to incorporate the colour of the furniture somehow - just to tie them in with the browns and creams.
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Thinking of the picture you sent earlier of the drapes that you purchased, in the picture they came across as looking green but in reality they might not be!. When I recommended neutral I was thinking of an oatmeal color or even a light gray ???
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    Not sure which wall you are referring to exactly but you are on the right track! The brown, cream and blue/ gray color of the sofa are a very good combination. Maybe a large piece of artwork incorporating all those colors? If you are brave, not scared of heights! You could paint the wall to right of the brown chair an accent color,then install that large art.
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    vor 11 Jahren
    Kalee, you picked beautiful lamps and I also like the accent color of the pillows.
    I'd hang the frames closer to each other though- 1 inch apart.
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Changed my mind on the frames - bought some bigger ones with larger matting And hung them lower and closer together! Bought white curtains - thoughts on them?
  • Kalee D Hofer
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Here is a better picture :)
  • Keitha
    vor 11 Jahren
    You DEFINATELY need a drapery panel on each side of both windows. Repeat the throw pillow color in some artwork between the windows or somewhere else in the room. You are getting there! Just a little more accessorizing and it will all come together.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.