Houzz Logo Print
jugi2573

Suggestions for bathroom tiles

jugi2573
vor 8 Jahren
Hi

We're renovating our bathroom, getting rid of the bath, installing a walk in shower and having a partial stud wall for a back to wall pan toilet.

We thought we had found the perfect tiles, but I'm having 2nd thoughts.

We're doing lots of other work on the house and I'm aiming for an overall modern scandinavian feel.

We were going with the below Mediterranean feel tiles on all walls and the floor, but with the original wall around the window and the insides of the recessed cubby holes in the small square mosaic tiles.

I'm now concerned that the small mosaics are dated.

The bathroom itself is very small and cramped, we want it to feel light and spacious, modern and stylish.

We like the wood style tiles but don't think they'll work with the planned sand coloured tiles as they're too similar.

We also like the 3D effect slate tiles (not shown) but don't think they'll be practical for cleaning as they will effectively be on our basin splashback.

We're not adverse to moving away from the planned Mediterranean sand tiles,

Does anyone have any fantastic suggestions for us?

Thanks
Julia

Kommentare (8)

• Jonathan
    vor 8 Jahren

I think the problem is how to tile in the alcoves with a big tile.....which is why you are thinking about the mosaic

Personally I would swap the wc and the sink, get rid of the alcove and get a useful mirror cabinet behind the sink

• jugi2573
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Thanks for your reply Jonathan
    The big tiles could be perfect for in the recesses as the stud wall is going to be 200mm deep and the tiles are 150mm deep, so we'd make the recesses 150mm deep. We can't swap the toilet and basin round as this will restrict access into the shower, I release I've not given an arial view of the layout.
  • PRO
    Ceramic Planet
    vor 8 Jahren

as for wood effect tiles there are so many different colours and shades and sure you could find one to match wood effect porcelain tile online catalogue

• Laura
    vor 8 Jahren
    I think those large tiles are beautiful. Do they do them in a darker colour too? Perhaps you could have the same tile but use a darker/lighter shade for the recesses? Or perhaps just the matt mosaics rather than the mirrored ones?
  • Laura
    vor 8 Jahren
    I've just looked at the bigger pic and realised they're not mirrored. I don't think they'll date as they're quite subtle.
  • PRO
    Aflux Designs
    vor 8 Jahren
    Have a look at our projects on www.aflux.co.uk
    You'll see some really nice large tiles some with some nice embossing (if you call it that!). I find larger tiles give a more spacey feel to the bathroom and it's all about minimal distance between the tiles - ie get your tiler to do really thin grouting! Moasics are good but usually the combination of mirror, effective lighting both wall and ceiling as well as the same tile (gloss perhaps on the wall and matt on the floor) will give a much more spacious feel
  • minnie101
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi. I really like your choice of tiles. I personally find mosaics don't tend to date if they're used as borders or strips amongst larger tiles. The tiles don't really scream scandi to me though if I'm honest. It depends how wedded you are to this look. I would probably look at soft white and dove grey with maybe some wood effect if you really want to go for a scandi feel.

• Lynn Wilson
    vor 8 Jahren

You could always have just a little splash of colour in a border. You can select your own tile colours and get a customised hand made mosaic tile border of your choice making it exclusive to your bathroom. This way you can give it a Scandinavian feel of your choice.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.