Houzz Logo Print
binoy_uk

contemporary ideas for odd shaped garden

binoy_uk
vor 8 Jahren
Hi all
Recently bought this property. Has an odd triangular shaped garden. No real feature. Has two conservatories. There is one between garage and house not shown on Ariel shot. North facing garden but the top right hand get sun till late. Ground has a slope towards the house.
We are not big gardeners- low maintenance preferred. We plan to put in a shed behind garage and also move the hot tub there.

All your valuable ideas welcome.

Kommentare (4)

• Ash McGregor
    vor 8 Jahren
    Do you need two conservatories? Selling the one on the side would give you a bit of extra cash to do up the garden. Are the patio and hot tub currently in the right place to catch the sun? I'd tend to bring them into a more central position. Perhaps also some sort of cooking area might be useful. Plant-wise get rid of the lawn and thin borders and look at dry garden and gravel garden schemes. Will be some work initially but pretty low maintenance thereafter
  • binoy_uk
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Hi Ash
    Thanks for your comments. I should have explained by "low maintenance " I meant plants etc that doesn't need too much attention. We don't mind mowing the lawn. The hot tub is not in a great location now so will definitely need moving.
    As a first step I am considering painting the fence panels slate grey.
  • PRO
    Nandina Gardens Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Good evening Binoy_uk.... How is the project coming on? I have a few ideas I could run by you if you would like?

Please feel free to email me and ill happily go through these with you.

All the best!

• PRO
    Mark Lane Designs
    vor 8 Jahren

Triangular plots are fun to work with. If you have a design that follows the angle of the boundary you will only accentuate the angle. You can disguise the angle by doing your design in either straight lines or curved shapes with planting to disguise the awkward angles. A strong design will dominate the space and take the eye away from the triangular plot. If you use straight lines, make sure they run perpendicular to the house, not the boundary. If the lines follow the triangle they will accentuate it. Also the design needs to make the thinner sections feel wider than they are - the knack is to visually lead the eye from one area to the other within the garden. Also to make an area feel larger than it is, make two or three separate spaces in the garden. With the garden divided into 'rooms' you will be able to make each area seem longer/wider and each part of the house will have its own garden view.

I hope this helps. Draw the space on to a piece of paper and have fun with shapes cut out of different coloured pieces of paper. Have fun and you will end up with an outdoor space to enjoy. If this sounds too awkward, employ a garden designer.

Regards

Mark

binoy_uk hat Mark Lane Designs gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.