Houzz Logo Print
will_seimetz

Going for masculine look and need help filling out apartment and decor

Will S
vor 8 Jahren
I know I need a side table, so open to suggestions on style and recommendations for one. Still can't make a decision. Has to be under 22' height. And I'd like something to fill in the space next to it. Maybe a bar cart or some bookshelf? Finally, I'd like something so the window area doesn't look dead. Are there cool small stools or other seating you could recommend? I have pretty much a reclaimed wood and iron thing going right now with neutral colors. Open to splashes of color and unique furniture. Also, last but not least - I'm struggling to find little chochkies to put in my media/console table to liven it up. Keep masculine in mind. Open to any decor ideas. Thanks!!

Kommentare (11)

• Barbara Almandarz
    vor 8 Jahren

You seem to like symmetry. Can you add another floor lamp on the wall space to the left of the left window? You have some barstools there and I'd hate to see you clutter the room with more furniture if you don't need it. If you want additional seating, consider ottomans under the triple windows. If it's not too late, consider a glass coffee table rather than the wood one. While it still looks light and airy, it still has that big block of wood. As for your media shelves, less is more. Consider some books laying flat and a long basket or 2 or 3 to mask the wires.

Also, consider changing the glass on your picture to museum glass, which is non-reflective. I wouldn't add curtains, but you are in need of some color. Depending on the picture you have, select a color that's in it and add a throw pillow or two, even a throw. I you do opt for ottomans, get them in a bold bright color.

Will S hat Barbara Almandarz gedankt
  • PRO
    Queen Bee of Honey Dos
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Yep, I think Restorations Hardware is something you should check out as well. Also, I think a nice console set up as a bar, in the empty space next to the sofa, (with bourbon and glasses) would be nice and manly. Sort of like this, but something with an industrial look.

Nation's Next Top Model Home · Mehr Info

Will S hat Queen Bee of Honey Dos gedankt
  • sandradclark
    vor 8 Jahren

Books stacked on the media center is very masculine & also

Privilege International Dark Silver Ceramic Vase, Wide · Mehr Info

Tormund Vase II · Mehr Info

Vintage Styled French Script Print Fabric Upholstered Bedroom Storage Bench · Mehr Info

For in front of the three windows.

Will S hat sandradclark gedankt
  • sandradclark
    vor 8 Jahren

Side table:

2-Drawer Tall Table · Mehr Info

• sandradclark
    vor 8 Jahren

Lamp for above table

Hexagon Iron Cage Dimmable Lamp · Mehr Info

Table Lamp, Pb Black Metal Shade W Gold Liner, E27 Cfl 23W · Mehr Info

:

• Will S
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Sandra, those are some great tchotchkes! Is one of those a candle holder?
  • Will S
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Love the recommendation so far by the way!!
  • terry toon
    vor 8 Jahren
    Green plants in nice pots. Great room so far.
    Will S hat terry toon gedankt
  • Will S
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Barbara, how do I install museum glass? I got the picture from ZGallerie and it is masked by hard cardstock on the backside of it

• Susan Davis
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

You can take the print to a framing shop and they can correctly replace the old shiny glass for the museum glass for a fee.

Fabric Roman shades done as a stationery valance would soften the blinds a bit. Might consider them?

Enviable Designs Inc. · Mehr Info

I agree that a pair of benches under window or on ends of cocktail table would be very nice.

Azure Penthouse · Mehr Info

And I think you might consider getting an Eames Chair for one more piece of seating in the room. Definitely Classic Masculine!

Dwell House - Communal Space · Mehr Info

Will S hat Susan Davis gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.