Houzz Logo Print
lazor

Seeking advice to finish back wall in family room

lazor
vor 8 Jahren
6 years ago we purchase my in law home. Under the direction of my father the home was modernized removed the wall between the living room, dining room and kitchen. Which was all transformed beautifully. We also added a family room which 16 by 24 because of expense I did get the job totally completed, my father wanted to have built in bookcase anchor the gas fireplace. I know have the capital to complete the project ( my father has passed) and I don't have a true vision of how high bookcase should go if I should put flank stone around fireplace ect I need ideas. I've been told I have no vision help

Kommentare (6)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 8 Jahren

Check out family/great rooms on Houzz that have fireplaces and built ins for inspiration. Keep in mind your fireplace is flush with the wall so any built ins will extend out in front. You'll likely want the stone to extend to the ceiling with a mantle and the shelves to only extend to the height of the corners.

• lazor
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Thank you for your response I would like both a mantel and a hearth my dilemma has always been the height of the bookcases and how it would look because of the it all being flush
  • PRO
    Inner Visions Interiors
    vor 8 Jahren

Make your fireplace wall command attention with tile that extends from the hearth to the ceiling. One long stretch of tile dazzles when lit by Tech lighting, suspended LEDs. Built in bookcases, hide toys and a mirrored bar for the adults. Functional beauty gathers a multi-generational family in style, without a mess.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 8 Jahren

• PRO
    A+Murals
    vor 8 Jahren

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.