Houzz Logo Print
buckleup2000

Christmas Poll: LOVE or LOATHE? Christmas shopping

Luke Buckle
vor 8 Jahren

Jingle Bells,

Christmas smells,

Shopping makes me sad;

Oh what fun it is to sit in traffic crying, tired and mad.

Or.....

Dashing through the stores,

Each night and passing day,

Like Rudolph with a cash card,

Rolling in the hay!

When it comes to gathering up the gifts, are you inspired or demoralised? (Share your best or worst experience in the comments)

Holiday Decorating: Celebrating an Australian Christmas outdoors · Mehr Info

LOVE
LOATHE
Other (share in the comments)

Kommentare (12)

• Susan Redman
    vor 8 Jahren

Love to shop for Christmas but loathe the fact I have no time to do it!

• PRO
    Shake It Up! Business Solutions
    vor 8 Jahren

It's hard to think of gifts sometimes, but I still enjoy it!

Luke Buckle hat Shake It Up! Business Solutions gedankt
  • Luke Buckle
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

That is such a good idea, @jodie122

• User
    vor 8 Jahren

There are so many options for shopping these days, you don't have to battle the parking crowds at big shopping centres anymore.

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    vor 8 Jahren

Luke did you write that rhyme yourself? The best!

• karenleonn
    vor 8 Jahren
    Jodie that pallet coffee table is a winner!!
  • smoloney
    vor 8 Jahren

Personally I dislike Xmas shopping (also applies for birthday too). I would rather spend quality time with family and friends throughout the year.

• PRO
    LOVEDECORATELETTERS
    vor 8 Jahren

I can't say it isn't stressful, and having four children in tow can be a recipe for disaster! Then there's the time I dropped my bags in the middle of a busy plaza, and spilt Japanese rice wine over a 3mt radius... but I do love finding quirky gifts that suit the personalities of the recipients. And yes, there's always the online option!

• LouieT
    vor 8 Jahren

No longer have to go shopping with four children but I hear your pain LDL!

My mum always babysat for me & now they are adults it is just token fun gifts as mostly they need $$$. I like markets for unusual gifts & if visiting country antique or craft stores through the year I might put some items away.

My side of the family do hamper gifts each year which is home made fudge, pickles, jams, sauces, preserved lemons, dukkah or whatever they like to make in bulk. We take one of each item & end up with a hamper of goodies, it's great!

My hubby's family put in together to sponsor a well or goat etc through World Vision which is also great! NO stress!

• PRO
    archimondo
    vor 8 Jahren

Dunno, never done it, but am the greatest wrapper of Christmas presents bought by other people.

• Linus Reimann-Kaißer
    vor 8 Jahren

I love xmas-shopping! I can buy stuff without cramming my own home. That's why I usually start in august.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.