Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

What would you rather spend money on? Luxury towels or bed linen?

Emmeline Westin
vor 8 Jahren

Both can be expensive and both can remind you of staying in a really nice hotel, but what would you rather splurge on? Fluffy, Egyptian cotton towels or the softest-ever bed linen?

Both!
Neither!

Kommentare (24)

• PRO
    Pavo Interior Design
    vor 8 Jahren

Bed linen gets my vote.

• PRO
    Secret Linen Store
    vor 8 Jahren

Perhaps we're a little biased... but always bed linen. There really is nothing better than fresh, soft cotton sheets after a long day. Can we go to bed now?

• PRO
    Loaf
    vor 8 Jahren

Bed linen all the way. We spend a third of our lives asleep and getting good Zzz's is so important!

• PRO
    Plumbing Angel Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Both are equally important to me, there's nothing more special than having them in great quality fabric.

• PRO
    source style design
    vor 8 Jahren

Bed linen

• Laraine Clarke
    vor 8 Jahren
    The test of a good room is when you feel happy being in there, so gorgeous bed linen and snugly towels are essentials in both bed and bath.
  • Debbie Ellen
    vor 8 Jahren
    A difficult choice but bed linen wins by a nose!
  • User
    vor 8 Jahren

My mother used to sell "soft furnishings" in our old family business in the 1950's and early 60's, she always said people would happily spend anything necessary on good quality bed linen and covers. In those days no british family would use duvets, blankets and eiderdowns were the order of the day, not forgetting the bedspreads to go with the eiderdown. She also said if she could have enough money to have anything and everything she could ever want, she would choose linen, not cotton, sheets and pillowcases, washed and freshly ironed every day...... Of course this would mean she would include the necessary staff to deal with this desire, no one would consider crumpled bed linen the order of the day! Incidentally, I still have some excellent quality pillowcases from the early sixties, cotton, not linen, they were made in Scotland, sadly the company no longer exists, if they did, I would buy some more, they are just beginning to wear out.

• detroit523
    vor 8 Jahren
    You can get super cheap white towels and just wash them first with fabric conditioner. Then with the money you saved from that, get lovely bed linen
  • gilliifer
    vor 8 Jahren

I like a nice towel, but you are in bed all night!

• User
    vor 8 Jahren
    One of life's little joys is getting into bed and sprawling out across super soft bedding. Nighties n pyjamas not advised!
  • K Ngo
    vor 8 Jahren

Both (and organic!).

• Jane Bateman
    vor 8 Jahren
    After spoiling ourselves to a Hypnos mattress last year and a down quilt before Xmas, Popped into IKEA yesterday and bought a linen duvet set.
    It'll get a good wash it 2 to soften it a bit, then go on the bed.
    Luxury.
  • silyab53
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Can't imagine getting up from beautiful crisp linen or top quality cotton to then shower and dry myself with rough old towels. I'd rather drip-dry! Bought some stunning linen pillowcases and bolster pillowcases online - auction - boxed from 40's/50's and am thrilled with them. 4 large pillowcases and 2 bolster pillowcases, with a bit of embroidery £20!!!! Thanks so much seller! Buy great quality towels at TKMaxx - mine are all Turkish and gorgeously soft, then you have the best of both worlds. Go to the Biggest TK or their sister company Home Sense. If you live near Farnborough there are both stores on a retail site there or Reading has a massive Home Sense too. I buy my bed linen from The White company outlets (one of my beds is Emperor) or online from the Linen Cupboard. Terrific.

• PRO
    Plumbing Angel Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Hi silyab53 you're absolutely right, I'd rather drip-dry too lol!!! Great suggestions will have a look at the outlet

• Najeebah
    vor 8 Jahren
    the average human spends 6 hours sleeping, daily, and 6 minutes using a towel, daily. This means that you would have more time to enjoy good quality linen than you would towels, and the linen, if not of a high standard, would need replacing sooner than similar quality towels.
    based on the above research, the council for wise luxury-spending concludes that linen should be the priority. However, taking into account that drip-drying is seen as the preferable alternative to bad towelling material, a balance should be sought, as in most aspects of life
  • vanessa2088
    vor 8 Jahren

Yep defo TK Maxx or similar outlet for luxury towels.....
    Then spend on your bedding until you find the best for you.... :)

zzzzz

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

Hello Emmeline,

Yes I rather like good bed linen... I also like the idea of a properly made bed... Blankets and quilts... I much prefer than a duvet! They are on my list of things... along with a mile of others... As fizzfan says we apparently get a better nights sleep if we are slightly cool! Good for brain too and everything.. More alert, more awake, better skin and slimmer according to statistics .. : ))

• PRO
    VIS-A-VIS
    vor 8 Jahren

Bed linen will add the finishing touch to a beautifully designed room and can make or break the overall design concept.

• PRO
    Mille Couleurs London
    vor 8 Jahren

Definitely bed lines. They are great investments and nothing beats a good night sleep in soft sheets

• Lauren
    vor 8 Jahren

I was told a great piece of advice once - always spend generously on the things that separate you from the ground - quality bed/bedding, good shoes, ergonomic office chair and of course a parachute!

• PRO
    H is for Home
    vor 8 Jahren

I love the feeling of clean soft bedding. I keep a couple of lavender bags in the linen box, the scent really makes for a fantastic night's sleep!

• PRO
    Tshirt Bed
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

Definitely bed linen, as a good quality linen bedding can significantly improve your sleep, your comfort and your well-being. It can also cool you down if you're too hot and cure eczema and other skin problems. The same cannot be said about even the best towels. Casting a vote for luxury bed linen!

Non iron duvet covers, King size flat sheets sold separately · Mehr Info

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.