Houzz Logo Print
lwalker2017

what color green should I paint the shutters&door, maybe railings?

Lisa Harmon
vor 8 Jahren

Kommentare (24)

• Kelley Dockrey
    vor 8 Jahren
    SW Billiard Green would look good with the brown exterior. it would accentuate the wood cabin rustic style of your house.

if you would like a more modern update, you might try lime green on the door and shutters.
  • emmarene9
    vor 8 Jahren

Paint the post and rails in off white. Maybe sage green for the shutters. Or this color, although it may not be green enough for you, it looks good with brown. That is a nice house you have.

From Sherwin Williams

• Lisa Harmon
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    What would you think of painting the foundation the same color as the house - probably hard to see here but in the back you see the the concrete foundation of the the basement?
  • Lisa Harmon
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Also - would it look okay to have the railings on the porch a off white even though the window frame is white?
  • Lisa Harmon
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Do this is what it looks like in the back and side of house / I am thinking I should paint the foundation brow?
  • Anna Belyaev
    vor 8 Jahren
    I see what you're saying and would be tempted myself to paint the foundation brown, although I agree that would probably be "too much" -- A nice stone gray or charcoal could look great though! Enough to reduce the glare and contrast, to tone it down to where it fits in with natural surroundings, but distinct enough to celebrate the different material and feel authentic...
  • decoenthusiaste
    vor 8 Jahren

Rustic Exterior · Mehr Info

Rustic Exterior · Mehr Info

• groveraxle
    vor 8 Jahren

The only shutters that appear to be sized correctly are the ones on the right. I would get properly sized shutters on the other windows, then paint everything something much lighter. Here is a very unsaturated gray green:

• groveraxle
    vor 8 Jahren

I like deco's suggestion, but if you do this, I think you'll have to paint the front door as well.

• groveraxle
    vor 8 Jahren

Red and brown don't provide much contrast.

• Lisa Harmon
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    I like the Billiard green for the shutters and front door. I like the idea of painting the railings off white. I would love a faux stone on the foundation.
  • Lisa Harmon
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    I love the idea of painting the shutters billiard green by sw. I think this would look nice on the door too. Paint the railing the same green or off white. I also think a faux stone on the foundation would be beautiful!!
  • Lisa Harmon
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Groveraxle - I do not understand your comment about the wrong size shutters?
  • Geneviève
    vor 8 Jahren

I was thinking of a nice yellow instead :)

Ciara Yellow Exterior Eggshell Paint · Mehr Info

• Geneviève
    vor 8 Jahren

Exteriors · Mehr Info

• Kelley Dockrey
    vor 8 Jahren
    have you considered some plantings around the foundation? I would consider staining the brick / subterranean exterior walls before painting them. Plantings would help up the the monotonous grey subterranean wall. I would look into trees that grow well in your area, but beware of placing any tree too close to the house or a sewer line.
  • PRO
    House Arte
    vor 8 Jahren

The best color choice for your exterior would depend upon the compass direction that the house is facing. Feng shui does affect how appealing color choices are. If the house is facing a wood direction such as east or south east, green would be great. If it is facing an earth direction...northeast, south, or southwest, then the red or yellow would be work. North is a water direction and the best choice then would be blue. West and Northwest are metal directions and then the shutters would be best in a grayish blue.

• adware
    vor 8 Jahren

I would keep the bright colors off the house and use them in smaller spaces such as chairs or planters.

• decoenthusiaste
    vor 8 Jahren

"Wrong sized shutters" references the fact that they are stick-on faux shutters that are non-functioning and don't even give the impression they could cover the windows if properly closed. Groveraxle has increased their size so they appear to be functional.

• groveraxle
    vor 8 Jahren

Billiard green and off white:

• groveraxle
    vor 8 Jahren

Genevieve's Clara Yellow:

• groveraxle
    vor 8 Jahren

Michigan's Ravishing Red:

• emmarene9
    vor 8 Jahren

Don't do anything to the foundation. Just landscape.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.