Houzz Logo Print
thel

Bedroom Decor Advice Needed

thel
vor 7 Jahren

I started with a plan for a shades of white /cream /black color scheme and I'm struggling with pulling it together. I just bought this stool and I don't think its working. Is it too ornate? Puppies bed is going to be redone in a lighter shade of fabric. Any suggestions for a bench, bedside table lamps and accessories would be appreciated. The ceiling fixture is new, would like it to stay.

Kommentare (18)

• Elle
    vor 7 Jahren

I think the main opportunity is adding a little more black. I would suggest adding a solid black or a patterned black and white/cream throw to the foot of the bed, and more artwork to the wall. I would skip the stool and turn the dog bed in the other direction if it wouldn't be wider than the bed. I would also put the large dark pillows behind the large white ones and add a couple more small decorative pillows. To add a little interest outside of the scheme, you could also consider doing something like adding a red flower in a white/cream vase on the nightstand.

thel hat Elle gedankt
  • leelee
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Yes, longer bench. Or two of the bench you already have.

Even though all your colors are black and cream, it would be interesting to add another color. Coral? Chartreuse? Turquoise? Purple? Lots of different colors would work.

thel hat leelee gedankt
  • thel
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

The dog bed is turned already so the longer end is along the end of the bed. I hope this picture will show up . There isn't room to move it anywhere else.

• thel
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

sorry , I don't know why but I haven't been able to upload pictures, the houzz team had to post the ones you see...There is approx. 3 ft. between the dogs bed and my closet which is the entire length of the wall. Its also the main walking area to access our ensuite.

• PRO
    ReStyle Home Staging, LLC
    vor 7 Jahren

The stool works, but with the dog bed, feels a bit crowded, I like the advice you received of removing the bench and just turning the dog bed to follow the end of the bed. I think you have a GREAT start! What do you think about adding some pops of yellow to give it a little punch? This is my favorite black and white bedroom with punches of yellow. Hope it helps!

thel hat ReStyle Home Staging, LLC gedankt
  • Kathy
    vor 7 Jahren
    Your room is really off to a great start. It needs something bold with black, either larger vertical art or some bold pattern pillow or pillows. It is all very safe.
    I think a faux fur throw in creamy white would work on end of bed. I don't think there is room for the stool. A longer bench may work if you could put the end of the dogs bed under it.
    Is it possible to put the dog bed in the closet? They like to be in a protected place.
    thel hat Kathy gedankt
  • Kathy
    vor 7 Jahren
    Note benches and pillows
  • grapefruit1_ar
    vor 7 Jahren

Your room is lovely! It looks very serene.

thel hat grapefruit1_ar gedankt
  • Bev
    vor 7 Jahren

You have too much cream--that's why your room is not working. You need more black and an accent color like red, hot pink, turquoise, or purple would help punch up the room! If your bed frame was black, it would help a lot. If you can't paint your bed frame black, I would get a black comforter, blanket, or quilt for the bed, which would help a lot!

thel hat Bev gedankt
  • shiningautumn8
    vor 7 Jahren
    There is not enough contrast between the bes and walls -- so its falling a bit flat. Id try a richer wall color. Also consider baskets under the floating nightstands to house remotes, books etc. I think you should pick either the dog bed or a longer bench but not both. Looks very nice so far though
    thel hat shiningautumn8 gedankt
  • studio10001
    vor 7 Jahren

Lucky puppy! I like his bed as is - in fact both beds look very inviting. It might be nice to create some interest in the view from bed - stripes stay in your monochromatic theme, but would add a touch of contrast. Here are a few options:

Contemporary Bedroom · Mehr Info

River Oaks Marina + Tower Model Unit · Mehr Info

I also like that you are looking at adding softer lines w your bench choice. I agree that the seat may be a better fit elsewhere, but think the idea is a good one for your bed side lamps.
    Silver Vine Table Lamp · Mehr Info

thel hat studio10001 gedankt
  • thel
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Love this lamp !

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    vor 7 Jahren

Add some more colors in room rather then only cream .....you can add a large piece of Art on Empty wall ....An Art can really bring in a wave of deftness to your room. It acts as a style to your room.

Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop on Etsy website -

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooviArtGallery?ref=pr_shop_more

• studio10001
    vor 7 Jahren

Me, too - I think it plays well with some of your other choices. You can find purchasing info by clicking on the photo.

• Melly Sachs
    vor 7 Jahren
    If you are sticking to shades of white and want to keep with no color, I suggest

Add baskets under the end tables and more substantial lamps to side tables - this will frame the bed well. I agree the art abov the bed is out of proportion - you need something with more height, it's dragging the room down.

Pillows and a throw with texture - something with visible texture like a cable knit, lace, fur to give the eye some interests

Pulling silver or natural weaves like sisal, grass cloth still gives you the no "color" look

I agree on the dog bed - it either becomes a focal point of the end of bed or forget adding something else - even giving the dog pillows on its bed would be a cute touch
    thel hat Melly Sachs gedankt
  • PRO
    Audrey Jackson
    vor 7 Jahren
    I think that the style has wonderful opportunities, I suggest adding a color pop that draws the attention to a focal point. In this case the bed so maybe a red throw pillow and blanket which will cause a pop of color. The stool maybe needs to be moved around but if you have your heart set on it then go for it.
    thel hat Audrey Jackson gedankt
  • acm
    vor 7 Jahren

I like the room so far (especially the ceiling light!), but maybe you could bring in some color on that big wall -- even baby steps like these:

Dramatic Black, White And Apple Green Floral II Art Print · Mehr Info

James Burghardt "Silver Leaf Tile VI" Framed Art Print 18"x18" · Mehr Info

:)

thel hat acm gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.