Houzz Logo Print
jannoh

Lighting advice - zoning the space

jannoh
vor 7 Jahren

Hi,

We are about to start build on a kitchen extension to create a kitchen/diner/lounge. My dilemma is how via lighting we zone each of the areas. For dining areas the usual advice is 1 or three pendants but the dining table is likely to move from time to time. Any advice on how to light and zone these spaces much appreciated.

Kommentare (4)

• Helen C
    vor 7 Jahren
    This article may be helpful to give you some food for thought http://www.madaboutthehouse.com/how-to-get-kitchen-lighting-right-the-kitchen/. I tend to like a pendant over the dining table too, maybe a light like the flos string would allow you the flexibility to install a light which could be moved.
    jannoh hat Helen C gedankt
  • PRO
    JLM Architecture Limited
    vor 7 Jahren

I would be inclined to use a mix of lighting provision, from pendants where you plan to locate the dining table plus over the island to wall uplighters, spots in 2-3 clusters and unit lighting. Ensure switches at at each door entry point and lights can be controlled individually in their respective zones.

I would always recommend if the budget allows consulting with a lighting designer to get the most out of the space; I would highly recommend Sam Coles who you can find on Houzz.

jannoh hat JLM Architecture Limited gedankt
  • PRO
    Grahams Hi-Fi Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

Although not directly related to light fittings, have you considered other aspects to the renovation such as lighting control, music systems?

jannoh hat Grahams Hi-Fi Ltd gedankt
  • PRO
    Litecraft
    vor 7 Jahren

Great article above, it gives few helpful tips also mentioned by JLM Architecture Limited. It really come down to personal preferences and needs, and consulting a professional will give you the best results.

We would love to see the ens result.

jannoh hat Litecraft gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.