Houzz Logo Print
vittoria_caproni

Is 43.5" enough space between the end of my peninsula and fridge

vittoria caproni
vor 7 Jahren

Is 43.5" enough space between the end of my peninsula and fridge , when that area is also a walkway and high traffic area?...or is losing 8" from my cabinets worth making it 51.5" These are my two choices due to the standard cabinets my company has to offer and I'm not going custom.

My floor plan is attached, but the width of the total kitchen was measured wrong and is only 210" which now makes my pass through smaller than expected.

Kommentare (19)

• vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    thank you and yes that is the main pass through to the dining and living areas from the kitchen.
  • PRO
    diSalvo Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren

Honestly, there is no ideal solution here. If you are using a French Door Refrigerator, it would be better. If it's a standard single door swing, it will become a very tight walkway.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 7 Jahren

Even a counter depth fridge is 31" minimum, so unless you have some high end fridge I'm not aware of, you don't have the space you think you have. Depending on your model selection, your fridge could measure in excess of 35" deep. Double check all the dimensions of your appliances and the space required for air circulation & utility hook ups.

• PRO
    diSalvo Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren

SubZero makes a true counter depth in a French door model.

• vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    there are many counter depth fully integrated fridges now. I am going with the French door jenn aire JF36NXFXDE
  • vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    you say there is no ideal solution but if you had to choose what would be your choice?
  • rachelsmdai
    vor 7 Jahren

I'd go with a wider space.

• Judy Mishkin
    vor 7 Jahren

i'd go with the wider space as well. having it be a traffic area is the difference between 'really ok' and 'really not ok'.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 7 Jahren

Here are the numbers on your fridge. Please note depth with door open.

Dimensions

• Height: 84
    • Width: 35 3/4
    • Cutout Height (in): 84
    • Cutout Width (in): 36
    • Cutout Depth (in): 25
    • Depth with Door Open 90 Degrees: 41
    • Depth Excluding Doors: 24
    • Depth Closed Excluding Handles: 24 3/4
    • Width with Doors Closed: 35 3/4
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    vor 7 Jahren

Can you relocate the refrigerator to the far right side of the long wall? It appears it is just cabinetry there that could be relocated with refrigerator space? A bit hard to read your drawing the print is so small.

• vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    unfortunately not there is a basement door that opens there
  • vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Beverly, is there something I'm not understanding? you pasted the fridge dimensions and it shows that the depth is 25" so your original post no longer applies regarding the fridge being deeper than it shows, correct?
  • vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    the doors open take up 16" of the walkway when open
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    vor 7 Jahren

No you're not missing anything. I just want to make sure you know all the dimensions that affect your decisions.

• vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    thank you! I have one last question for this post. if you could choose the perfect width for the pass through what would it be?... keeping in mind that it is a hang out area/walkway and in high demand due to the fridge, while also considering that the the peninsula is the only counter for the fridge so it can't be to far either. I need to be able to turn around and put drinks or food down somewhere.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    vor 7 Jahren

Personally, I think you are fine with 42" (or close to that). I have a refrigerator with that distance to the island, but with French Doors, and it is no problem. Once in a while when entertaining it can get cozy, but that's when everyone is in the kitchen!!!

• PRO
    diSalvo Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren

In a perfect world, we design a 48" walk/workspace, but what's perfect?!?

• vittoria caproni
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Thank you everyone for your comments!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.