Houzz Logo Print
dundrum16

Wardrobe in bathroom

Dundrum 16
vor 6 Jahren
Could a built in wardrobe work in a bathroom? It would be the full length of a 2.4m wall in a 2.4m X 3.1m bathroom. Or would it inevitably become damp and mouldy?

Kommentare (6)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    vor 6 Jahren
    Can it open into another room ? Rather than opening into bathroom itself ?
    ie open up a wall - with SE advice if supporting wall - do you have a rightmove type plan you could upload ?

You might find damp - even with an efficient extractor - might be a problem - but that said - I keep towels in my bathrooms and they don't get damp (well they do when you use them !)
    Dundrum 16 hat OnePlan gedankt
  • PRO
    Bedrooms Plus
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

Hello. We have supplied many of our customers with wardrobes for their bathrooms and ensuites. We would only recommend aluminium doors and using our aluminium internal storage system called Relax. Steel could oxidise over time.

Craig

Dundrum 16 hat Bedrooms Plus gedankt
  • Dundrum 16
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks for all the useful comments. This bathroom will have good heating and ventilation - underfloor heating, heated towel rail, extractor fan and opening window, plus it will only be used by one person so I can't see it getting too steamy. I think I will risk it as the bathroom is oversized and the bedroom undersized and spatially it makes sense. I'll let you all know in a year or so how it's working.

• tezz4
    vor 6 Jahren

Looks like you have made all the necessary prep work to avoid mould growth! Just pay attention to the material used - that it doesn't absorb humidity like a sponge. Solid timber is preferable.

Dundrum 16 hat tezz4 gedankt
  • Dundrum 16
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Tezz4 I'm not sure that I had considered that about materials - excellent point though - I'll be sure to factor it in, thanks.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.