Houzz Logo Print
bcandyfl

Go with Black Stainless refrigerator or just stainless

bcandyfl
vor 6 Jahren

I'm going to put it out there--I'm not a fan of stainless steel appliances. I can't stand the fingerprints and rubbing it with chemicals or olive oil to keep them at bay was frustrating in my last place because my dog loved to lick it off....

So I had been thinking I would go with black stainless for the refrigerator in our new place. However, I recently learned of the durability issues of this finish and I'm afraid that the scratches would drive me insane.

So would you recommend that I just go with stainless refrigerator for the durability --or would it be terrible to have one appliance that is different. I could also consider the whirlpool black ice, but the plain black matte is undesirable to me as it is so dark!

The other appliances (stove, microwave and dishwasher) are black from various brands. The stove seems to be a black glass front so not as dark. I have no plans to replace any of the other appliances in the next 3 to 5 years unless they break.

Kommentare (9)

• bcandyfl
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thanks Jodie. As this is not a forever home.we don't want to go crazy with the spending on the fridge our budget is under $2000 for a side by side.

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    vor 6 Jahren

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-72495-26.7-cu-ft-4-door-french/p-04672495000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

Under $2,000 and finger print resistant. Not sure what the measurements are for your space but example FYI

• chloebud
    vor 6 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 6 Jahren

I agree with Jodie...stainless would lighten things up a bit and look good with countertops and faucet. It's also more neutral...pretty much fits in with anything.

• Harper
    vor 6 Jahren
    To me the biggest eyesore is how far the fridge sticks out. Find a refrigerator that fits that space better.
  • Judy Mishkin
    vor 6 Jahren

any chance you can turn the studs in the wall behind the fridge, or back it into living space behind... then you'll have a full sized fridge thats not quite so prominant.

deeper side panels would have been better, along with making the cabinet above the fridge more useful.

stainless will be better than black, for sure.

• bcandyfl
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

ningret, I can't go back into the wall, and there is no living space behind it, just hte great outdoors. Instead, I've considered going with a fridge with less depth but the only issue would be the wall beside it and the door swing. I assume that's why the previous owners pulled the fridge out as far as they did so you could fully open the freezer door.

• bcandyfl
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

tdpi, as I said to ningret, i assume the previous owner was trying to compensate for the wall on the right side so they could fully open the door. I just remeasured the space and it is 37" Wide and the wall protrudes 14" past the cabinets.

Perhaps one day I'll get the kitchen of my dreams, but for now its will be enough to make this one tolerable.

• Gerry
    vor 6 Jahren
    If you do get stainless, use baby oil instead of olive oil. It works better and maybe your dog won't lick it.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.